PDA

View Full Version : In my county gamestop now has to hold trade ins 30 days

gepeto
12-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I was starting to wonder why I haven't seen hot titles traded in in recently at the stores I go to.

I was talking to the manager at one of the stores and he informed me that just in the past few months a law went into effect that requires all the gamestops in Pg county Md have to hold all tradeins 30 days.

My first thought was where are they going to keep all that stuff. Some stores are to small.
The next thought was forget about ever seeing a MVC2 or something rare. After 30 days I am sure someone will see it in the back because I know I would.

So If you they have to wait 30 days Then it is a long wait to buy a used hot game. No wonder they was offering more than the norm in tradein money for metroid prime and Halo3. Get them used titles in early.

VACRMH
12-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Heh, not suprised something like this would happen in PG County.

gepeto
12-22-2007, 08:02 PM
I think the game changed when they started offering cash instead of storecredit. I think more states are going to tightenup.

scooterb23
12-22-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm imagining that the laws for pawn shops are very similar to this as well. I know in Columbus, one place I go to has a "This stuff gets to be put on the shelf in 30 days" area. Gotta make sure it doesn't come up as stolen goods ya know.

Frankie_Says_Relax
12-23-2007, 12:37 AM
LOL, when I first read the title of your thread ... I thought it said "In my COUNTRY..."

all I could think of was a guy with a Yakov Smirnoff accent saying:

"In Soviet Russia games trade YOU in!"

https://secure.reservexl.net/wwwimg/img/tours/2337-2.jpg

gum_drops
12-23-2007, 01:05 AM
LOL, when I first read the title of your thread ... I thought it said "In my COUNTRY..."

Same thing with me, except the first country that popped into my head was Germany, due to the avatar, as if only Germans would use an Einstein pic.:smash:

MrRoboto19XX
12-23-2007, 02:10 AM
Gah, let's hope this disease doesn't spread to Anne Arundel or Baltimore county....

Well, I can still dream.