PDA

View Full Version : PSP Homebrew Recommendations?

ssjlance
12-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Just got back into the homebrew scene and was looking for some recommendations to some good homebrew apps/games. Any help?

mills
12-23-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm getting into it now slowly as well.

There is a great sega CD emulator pico drive. I used it to play and beat Snatcher for the first time.

rRootage is a pretty cool game that was ported to the PSP.

I use the CPS and CPS2psp emulators, they work fantastic.

I would like some recommendations as well!

norkusa
12-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Some of my favs:

Picodrive
SCUMMVM
mame4all
CPS 1 & 2
PSPColem

I hear DOSbox is pretty good but I haven't tried it yet.

segagamer4life
12-24-2007, 04:50 AM
anyone test the saturn emu on the PSP? or is it not quite ready yet?

norkusa
12-24-2007, 10:29 AM
anyone test the saturn emu on the PSP? or is it not quite ready yet?

I haven't tried it yet but I hear it's not even close to being finished. Probably won't ever be either. I think it's just one of those "proof of concept" projects....it runs but won't ever be close to running at full speed.

Nature Boy
12-24-2007, 10:44 AM
IMO the homebrewed games are so so. I've never found anything I truly loved, so I've never kept anything on my PSP.

The emulators are definitely where it's at. MAME4All is actually a relatively recent additiion to the PSP scene, and I absolutely *adore* it. Mind you I never play much other than Asteroids or Frogger on it.

Juganawt
12-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Another vote for Picodrive here....portable Sega CD is just too good to ignore

Also check out Snes9xTYL, MMSPlus, Mame4all, PSPVice, and Open Transport Tycoon Portable.

ssjlance
12-24-2007, 09:35 PM
I've been using DGen for the most part, although PicoDrive was pretty great when I used it. PCEP is pretty good, but I can only get it to play Japanese roms. Made me kind of mad, I had ambitions to finally finish Neutopia and found out I can only play the Japanese rom. Grrr....

Anyways, Doom and Quake have both had really good ports to the PSP. But I've really been looking for some PSP exclusive stuff. I love these games, but they're what i've been playing forever. Doesn't make them bad by any means, but it feels like I bought the handheld just to bring my gaming collection around with me in my pocket. That, and death metal. Gotta love Sepultura, DevilDriver, and Morbid Angel :-P I always have them in my music folder, lmfao.