PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my UNO xbla game card! ! !

Ponyone
12-27-2007, 12:32 PM
So I got a full game download card of UNO in my stocking for Christmas day, and I've tried inputting the code 43.5 times so far. I get this message:

"Can't retrieve info from xbox live Please try again later." "Status code: 801613fb"

It can't be live having issues because my microsoft point card and texas holdem card downloaded fine the same day.

I called xbox, talked to "george" who made me feel like we were in a military sortie together. I had to read him (slowly) the 25 digit code three times, using foxtrots, bravos, charlies, and whiskies.

He said it's activated and hasn't been used yet and is good to go.

I say this "George" fella is really some sort of spy and I just was ensnared in an international espionage trap. There were way too many tango poppa foxtrots for my liking.

Anyhoo, anyone know why this is happening? Anyone get this status code yet? Can't find much info online for it.

udisi
12-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Maybe the verification server is down or something...some sort of XBL internal error. Give it some time and try again. If that doesn't work call "George" Back.

Ponyone
12-27-2007, 12:52 PM
but I'm so afraid to call George back.

So so so afraid.

s1lence
12-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Sounds like Live's server is acting up. It did that to me yesterday when I was trying to purchase a game. Give it a little bit, it will let you.

Leo_A
12-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I couldn't redeem a points card the other day with the same error and Live was acting up in other ways. Waited a few hours after about 5 failed attempts and it worked normal.

Probably just the servers getting hammered by everyone being off for the holidays and using Xbox Live.

ProgrammingAce
12-27-2007, 08:02 PM
just the servers getting hammered by everyone being off for the holidays and using Xbox Live.

*whistle* Wonders off...

Ponyone
12-28-2007, 01:19 PM
I think it's just an off-putting problem. Right before, I did my texas holdem card and it went through swimmingly. then I waited to try uno as the message said (two days later) and it still doesn't work. I tried a 1600 point card and it worked flawlessly.

I tried emailing xbox and they suggested I call the number.

I just want to play UNO, but it's more like U, NO

Frankie_Says_Relax
12-28-2007, 01:23 PM
You could try calling the 800 # and asking (bugging relentlessly) them for a DIFFERENT pre-paid code # (which you could enter & verify on your console while you're on the phone with them), or a credit of Microsoft Purchase Points for the same amount as UNO to make up for your time wasted.

They're usually pretty good about handing out credits to make up for customer service issues.

Just ask to speak to a supervisor and pester them.

Ponyone
12-28-2007, 01:45 PM
U NO, that might be a good idea.

Ponyone
12-28-2007, 02:12 PM
You could try calling the 800 # and asking (bugging relentlessly) them for a DIFFERENT pre-paid code # (which you could enter & verify on your console while you're on the phone with them), or a credit of Microsoft Purchase Points for the same amount as UNO to make up for your time wasted.

They're usually pretty good about handing out credits to make up for customer service issues.

Just ask to speak to a supervisor and pester them.

Ha, I now hate you. Not only am I on the phone with another non-english understanding gentleman, but his headset/phone keeps cutting out.

and he's asking me for my secret word and everything else.

I foresee this as another 67 minute conversation about secret words and no UNO.

I don't really hate you though. We can still be digitpress chums.

P.S. has anyone actually talked to a non outsourced representative on this thing?

Frankie_Says_Relax
12-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Ha, I now hate you. Not only am I on the phone with another non-english understanding gentleman, but his headset/phone keeps cutting out.

and he's asking me for my secret word and everything else.

I foresee this as another 67 minute conversation about secret words and no UNO.

I don't really hate you though. We can still be digitpress chums.

P.S. has anyone actually talked to a non outsourced representative on this thing?

Prior to the 360, I would only get US operators on the XBOX 800 # ... but, yeah, after the 360, it was all overseas outsourcing.

Sorry man ... just stand your ground!! MAKE THEM GIVE YOU YOUR UNO!!