PDA

View Full Version : Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure For Wii On Sale?

PsychoCandy
12-30-2007, 12:03 AM
Someone told me Best Buy was offering this for $19.99 and I'd really like to pick it up. Was this sale ever true? Is it over?

joshnickerson
12-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Bestbuy.com (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8560826&st=zack+%26+wiki&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1188561459815) still lists it at $39.99, so it doesn't look like it. Might just be a YMMV deal.
I know Circuit City had it on sale a couple of weeks ago for $30.00.

PsychoCandy
12-30-2007, 04:10 PM
I went and loooked, was still $40.00 I'm a little dissapointed. If I see it for $30.00 around im gonna have to snag it I guess.

Rob2600
01-23-2008, 10:04 PM
I just bought Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure at Best Buy for $29.99. I couldn't resist. I haven't played it yet, but based on its reviews, I'd say go to Best Buy and buy Zack & Wiki while it's cheap:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8560826&st=zack+wiki&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1188561459815

You can even check the in-store availability so you don't waste a trip.

Actually, I just checked Amazon.com and the price is $29.99 there, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Zack-Wiki-Quest-Barbaros%252019-Treasure/dp/B000P297ES/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1201146618&sr=8-1

The price must've just been lowered today because yesterday it was $39.99 on both web sites.

joshnickerson
01-24-2008, 08:41 PM
I hope a price drop will encourage more people to buy it, because it really is a fantastic game.

josekortez
01-24-2008, 09:40 PM
The new MSRP is $29.99.

mailman187666
01-25-2008, 08:36 AM
The new MSRP is $29.99.

everytime I go to the store I pick up the game, look at it, and either walk out with something else or with nothing at all. Now that the price went down by ten bucks, I think I am going to have to pick this one up. I wish it was $20 but $30 sounds like a good price to me. That should make used copies $25 or so though huh?

namzep
01-25-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm thinking that I may have to finally pick the game up after payday. I've been thinking about it for awhile and it's finally decently priced. God, I'm such a cheap person. :)

Rob2600
01-25-2008, 09:33 AM
everytime I go to the store I pick up the game, look at it, and either walk out with something else or with nothing at all. Now that the price went down by ten bucks, I think I am going to have to pick this one up.

I bought it the other night along with Endless Ocean, but still haven't tried it out yet. I will this weekend. I did play Endless Ocean though. For $30, it's great. It's a completely different type of game and I'm glad to see developers trying new ideas on the Wii. I'm also glad to see so many good games retail for less than $40.

Endless Ocean is exactly how an education video game should be...fun, polished, visually impressive, relaxing, and subtle.

That should make used copies $25 or so though huh?

Logically, yes, but knowing GameStop, used copies are probably $35. That actually happens sometimes.

Simply Dave
01-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I picked it up today at Best Buy for $29.99.

I also saw it at Wal-Mart for the same price.

Rob2600
01-29-2008, 02:08 AM
I've been playing Zack & Wiki the last few nights and am impressed by how good it is. The first few puzzles were simple and taught me the controls. Now, I'm almost on the third world and the puzzles have gotten quite tricky. Sometimes I get frustrated for a few minutes, but then something clicks and I figure it out. The satisfaction of solving the complex puzzles is great.

The controls work fine for this type of game. I point to where I want Zack to go, press the A button, and he walks there. Interacting with objects works the same way. Different creatures can be turned into items and it's up to me to figure out where and how to use them. There are saws, hammers, drills, bombs, shovels, umbrellas, fishing poles, and many more. Each item has its own motion control, which is simple and fun. To saw, I move my hand in a sawing motion, to drill, I move my hand in a drilling motion, etc.

The graphics are fantastic. Capcom did a great job creating a lush, cartoony world. Everything is sharp, colorful, and animated and the frame rate is usually perfect. There are plenty of lighting effects, particle effects, and facial expressions. The overall look is anime style and the humor is very Japanese.

The music and sound is good, too. It's upbeat and silly, which suits the feel of the game.

I'm not used to thinking quite this much when I play video games. It's a great change of pace for me. The further I progress in the game, the more I want to keep playing it to see what challenges and worlds come next. Zack & Wiki is well worth $30 and I hope developers keep making fun, innovative games for the Wii.