PDA

View Full Version : Quick question with the Wii.

PsychoCandy
01-01-2008, 08:24 PM
I have a wireless router and I for the first time, tried to get an internet connection today. Every attempt has been in vain, it finds my connection then it saves the settings. I try to run the connecting test and I always get an error code: 51330, The Wii console is not able to connect to the access point. I checked, my router IS NOT on the list of incompatible routers. I attempted to restart my internet and wii settings more then once.

diskoboy
01-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Switch the channel on your router to either 1 or 11 and see if that works...

PsychoCandy
01-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Will do, if I can't get it soon i'll nintendo tomorrow.

evil_genius
01-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I had the same problem. Here is what ended up working for me. I unplugged the router for a few minutes plugged it back in and tried again. I also think I changed the channel to either 1 or 11. good luck!

davepesc
01-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I just ended up buying the stupid Nintendo USB WiFi adapter.

PsychoCandy
01-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah... I don't actually have an online game yet.. but I'm heavily debating buying Mario Strikers tomorrow. And I wanna play Mario Kart Wii if I have the time when it comes out. I'll tinker around with it some.

Nintendork
01-02-2008, 07:58 AM
I bought the Nintendo WiFi USB device with a gift card. We don't have use for a decent router at this point so I was talked into just getting the USB drive. I had a problem getting the connection test to work, but after using the supplied USB extension cable it worked. Then it stopped working. So I plugged in an additional USB extension we had form another device (I think mouse) and haven't had a problem since. It's all out of sight out of mind for me, but as soon as we have a need for it, it is going to be replaced by an actual router.

Rob2600
01-02-2008, 09:23 AM
My brother tried using the USB WiFi adapter, but it never worked properly. I bought him a wireless router and the Wii detected it and connected to the internet without any problems.

My Wii found my wireless router without any problems, too.

PsychoCandy
01-02-2008, 11:22 AM
It was finding my connection just fine. I checked it set on channel 11. I did what one poster suggested and unhooked my internet connection/router for a few minutes. This time the connection test was succesful but updating the wii console froze. I'm trying it again now.

PsychoCandy
01-02-2008, 03:35 PM
I tried resetting the router, and after lasting long enough for a successful system update, I seem to have fixed the problem thanks anyone who offered help. Played thru a few games of Mario Strikers with no problems.

Chadt74
01-02-2008, 03:45 PM
If you really cared you'd send the people in the thread a VC Game...

Seriously, glad it worked out for you as I had no trouble stealing my neighbors wireless signal.

Now get MP:3 and trade friend vouchers.

PsychoCandy
01-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Once I don't suck so bad i'll toss out my friend code.