PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime/Zelda Wind Waker Combo Pack

TonyTheTiger
01-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Not too long ago I was browsing a local Gamestop and something caught my eye that I've never seen before. It was a Gamecube game with the cover art split right down the middle. On the left side is Metroid Prime. On the right is Wind Waker. It has "Not For Resale" on the back. The box itself is one of those double disc holders. I bought it since I figured I'd never see it again. The thing is, it didn't come with a manual and the guy at the counter said he took it in only with Zelda so that's what I got. This ordinary Wind Waker disc with this wacky cover art. Metroid Prime being so cheap, I bought one separately and just stuck the normal Prime paperwork and disc in this combo pack.

After some research (which took a surprisingly long time on Google) the most I learned was that this was a pack-in with a special Gamecube bundle sold at Best Buy. I can't find any pictures online and can't at the moment offer one myself but if anyone knows more about this I'd be interested in hearing the story. Were the discs just standard WW and Prime discs or were they special? Was there a combo manual or were there just two separate ones?

briskbc
01-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm a bonehead that doesn't know how to link to a thread so do a search for the following

The Legend of Zelda collection and discussion thread

That's the title of the thread. There is a little bit of info in there. Seriously, I would have linked you over (no pun intended).

Mayhem
01-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Yep it's a combo that was just available with one Cube bundle. Still looking for that varient myself...

TonyTheTiger
01-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks. I tried searching but I couldn't find any terms that got me a thread.

studvicious
01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Here you go:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1121222&postcount=45