PDA

View Full Version : My controller doesn't work on super smash bros

MyNameIsBoB
04-21-2003, 04:36 PM
Every time I try to play, its like I'm holding up on the joystick so its impossible to play. I plug it in over and over and it still has the same problem. It only does it on super smash brothers. Also, my wave bird controller doesn't turn on sometimes and only works when I let it sit there for a day. Any suggestions on how to fix these?

dreamcaster
04-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Sounds like a joystick centering problem. Just don't touch the joystick when you power on the console and see if that makes a difference.

And what do you mean by 'doesn't turn on'? No power light or just no control response?

Achika
04-23-2003, 08:35 AM
Maybe the 'fuzz' is oppressing the Wavebird controllers of the world, one by one.

ehall
04-23-2003, 09:59 AM
Maybe the 'fuzz' is oppressing the Wavebird controllers of the world, one by one.

Fight the oppression! :rocker:

MyNameIsBoB
04-23-2003, 05:47 PM
Sounds like a joystick centering problem. Just don't touch the joystick when you power on the console and see if that makes a difference.

And what do you mean by 'doesn't turn on'? No power light or just no control response?

No, I'm not even touching whole controller. I have to hold the stick down just a little to get it centered, and when I plug it in while I'm holding it down it still thinks I'm holding up on the stick. My wavebird seems to be working fine now, don't know what happened to it.

dreamcaster
04-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Well, as the tree said to the lumberjack: "I'm stumped!"

Sorry I can't help you, but that's just weird. You could try pulling the whole thing apart and perhaps cleaning the joystick mechanism (if necessary). Maybe something's just come loose, or maybe your joystick is just stuffed!