PDA

View Full Version : SNES AC port issue

Gamereviewgod
04-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Ok, I'm decent as far as minor issues go, but this one blows my mind. I got a SNES from a guy at work who asked me if I could fix it. When the AC adapter is plugged in, it won't stay in place. You have to fiddle with it and eventually you'll get some power. For the life of me I can't figure out why it won't stay in place. It looks ok, exactly like mine as far as I can tell. Why god why??????????????

omnedon
04-25-2003, 09:08 PM
They are plastic inside, that jack. It can be replaced with another from a deader SNES. It's a pain in the ass, but not a big deal. Another alternative, would be to hard wire the AC adapter to the deck. less desirable, but easier. Just watch the polarity!

autobotracing
04-26-2003, 10:30 AM
or you can also bend the connectors apart and it will stay in

Anonymous
04-26-2003, 02:25 PM
It is an easy fix that can be a pain in the ass. If you don't want to deal with it and you dislike money, this is one of the few problems that can be fixed at a Nintendo Service Center or by sending it in to Nintendo. If you send it in, it will cost 39(!!!) dollars to fix, but the servie centers might be able to to a little bit more for a little bit less.