PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Coming To The iPhone

Dastardly Dylan
05-30-2008, 09:17 AM
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/BioShock/news.asp?c=7016

"Can a rich super-atmospheric first-person shooter like BioShock really work well on a mobile phone?

IG Fun has taken on the challenge, as we've previously reported. But today I bumped into the company's CEO Sean Malatesta at the BREW 2008 show.

He had some footage running on a BREW handset of that version of the game, but also revealed that IG Fun wants to bring the game to iPhone too, as well as Symbian."

JunkTheMagicDragon
05-30-2008, 10:01 AM
well, everyone wanted to know whether take-two would be careful with this franchise or run it into the ground.

guess we have our answer.

Cobra Commander
05-30-2008, 10:08 AM
"Can a rich super-atmospheric first-person shooter like BioShock really work well on a mobile phone?

Nope.

calthaer
05-30-2008, 10:29 AM
You know what I wish these guys would do? I wish some of these game developers would release little mini-games for portable devices that could hook-in to their larger games on the PC - the way you had that Chocobo World game that linked with the main Final Fantasy VIII game (at least on the PC version).

That little mini-game Chocobo World thing was pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

MrSparkle
05-30-2008, 12:04 PM
unfortunatly i think the iphones cool touch screen interface doesnt lend itself to gaming very well. 2d or 3d i just dont see this port doing justice to the pretty excellent pc game. Hopefully they prove me wrong. ;)

Ed Oscuro
05-30-2008, 04:29 PM
unfortunatly i think the iphones cool touch screen interface doesnt lend itself to gaming very well.
Anything but Overworld Zero...which was actually pretty cool. "Real-time arcade action?" Forget it...

diskoboy
05-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Nope.

Agreed.