PDA

View Full Version : The new RE5 trailer.. (updted for E3)

diskoboy
05-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Looks pretty damn sweet!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34647.html?type=mov

So who's the new chick? I guess the "mystery girl" from the first trailer wasn't Claire, after all...

Sudo
05-31-2008, 09:29 PM
I agree, it's a really good trailer. GamesRadar had an article up about a "female mercenary" who would act as your partner in the game (and the person your friend controlled in online co-op), but it has since been removed. I'm assuming that this is her.

Drixxel
05-31-2008, 09:42 PM
I dig the feel of the setting.. that dilapidated, sun bleached city should make for an intense contrast between isolation and frenzy. All in all, RE5 is looking damned fine, based on that trailer.

Scott45
05-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Wait, I need to slo mo that ......
did anyone else see a character using a sword?
I've been saying for years that a sword for decapitaing Zombies was a no-brainer......

GnawRadar
05-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Wait, I need to slo mo that ......
did anyone else see a character using a sword?
I've been saying for years that a sword for decapitaing Zombies was a no-brainer......

Yeah, it looked like Chris had a machete. I have to agree that is pretty sweet and hopefully it will be an additional option to the regular hunting knife. It would be cool to have the choice between a slower but deadlier machete or the quicker but weaker hunting knife. But DAMN! This game just keeps looking better and better...but I think that the new character is not the mystery character from the first trailer. :texaschain:

Joker T
05-31-2008, 10:45 PM
RE 5 looks completely bad ass.

That's all I need to say.

jcalder8
05-31-2008, 11:17 PM
That looks amazing. I'll be keeping a close eye on this for sure.

I haven't played a RE since the first one but this one might get me back to it.

Drexel923
06-01-2008, 11:39 AM
After loving RE4 of course my interest was peaked with the first trailer of this game. After seeing this video...it has become an instant day 1 purchase!

Looks like the shotgun will come in handy with the insane amount of enemies on screen. It's like Dead Rising but in super HD...that tunnel part looked awesome :D

Zap!
06-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Any chance this makes it to Wii?

Sudo
06-02-2008, 02:13 PM

Did you watch the trailer? There's no way in hell they could do this game on the Wii.

Zap!
06-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Did you watch the trailer? There's no way in hell they could do this game on the Wii.

Yes I did. I'm not saying with the same graphics. I'm talking about the same game with downgraded graphics. How do you think arcade games in the 80's and 90's made it to inferior consoles like the NES, SMS, SNES, and Genesis?

Joker T
06-02-2008, 02:25 PM
I think that the PS3 version of this game could have some really cool Six-Axis support, like shaking zombies off or something.

*This isn't intended to spark a console flame war.

heybtbm
06-02-2008, 03:03 PM

...probably about as much of a chance as Ron Paul being elected President.

Resident Evil 5 on Wii....

((shudder))

Zap!
06-03-2008, 02:07 AM
...probably about as much of a chance as Ron Paul being elected President.

Resident Evil 5 on Wii....

((shudder))

Ehh, we'll see what happens at the convention...:)

diskoboy
06-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Capcom says the game is "60% complete" and the game itself could be about 20 hours long.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/03/resident-evil-5-devs-60-percent-done-aim-for-more-than-20-hours/

Frankie_Says_Relax
06-08-2008, 09:05 AM
So.

Is it me, or amidst the myriad of negative press about Capcom portraying Africans of the Black variety (before anybody says anything, there are a lot of White people who live in Africa too) as inhuman monsters ... did it appear that there were a smattering of LIGHT SKINNED ZOMBIES in the crowds this time around?

And while I can certainly see how the non-gaming press could feel that that was the case with RE5's depiction of Black Africans, but seriously ... if they looked at the series objectively, the past 4 games (and Dead Rising to boot) overwhelmingly had Caucasian zombies doing all the flesh-munching and chainsaw swinging ... and this was simply a matter of the predominant geographical residents of the area of the world that they decided to set this chapter in.

...then again, some Japanese artists do have problems when it comes to appropriately portraying black people in their pop culture (Manga, Anime, Games, etc.) ...

http://nit.trazen.org/images/majin_nitz/Mr.Popo.jpg

Additionally ... my ex-roomate just sent me this thought on the matter, which I felt was appropriate for sharing :

I just hope that if Resident Evil 6 takes place in a suburb of Sweden, that there is a balance of darker skinned people in towns where only white people inhabit. It stretches the truth of zombie building even more so but you won't get the NAACP screaming about the lack of Black people in Sweden.

Fuyukaze
06-08-2008, 05:05 PM
All I can say is I look forward to the Wii version of the game. It'd be nice on a system with great controls.

diskoboy
06-08-2008, 06:07 PM
So.

Is it me, or amidst the myriad of negative press about Capcom portraying Africans of the Black variety (before anybody says anything, there are a lot of White people who live in Africa too) as inhuman monsters ... did it appear that there were a smattering of LIGHT SKINNED ZOMBIES in the crowds this time around?

And while I can certainly see how the non-gaming press could feel that that was the case with RE5's depiction of Black Africans, but seriously ... if they looked at the series objectively, the past 4 games (and Dead Rising to boot) overwhelmingly had Caucasian zombies doing all the flesh-munching and chainsaw swinging ... and this was simply a matter of the predominant geographical residents of the area of the world that they decided to set this chapter in.

...then again, some Japanese artists do have problems when it comes to appropriately portraying black people in their pop culture (Manga, Anime, Games, etc.) ...

http://nit.trazen.org/images/majin_nitz/Mr.Popo.jpg

Additionally ... my ex-roomate just sent me this thought on the matter, which I felt was appropriate for sharing :

I just hope that if Resident Evil 6 takes place in a suburb of Sweden, that there is a balance of darker skinned people in towns where only white people inhabit. It stretches the truth of zombie building even more so but you won't get the NAACP screaming about the lack of Black people in Sweden.

Typical political correctness, and trying to make a story out of nothing.

Why people still listen to the news media, is beyond me.

COD4KING2001
06-08-2008, 06:27 PM
that game looking freakin sweet

exit
06-08-2008, 07:54 PM
The game looks great, it looks like a step of from Resident Evil 4 and that's nice to see, considering the could've done a re-hash of RE4 and RE fans would still eat it up. I just hope there's more progression story wise tho, they've left us hanging for far too long, but maybe it will all add to a epic conclusion for the final game in the series.

diskoboy
07-09-2008, 03:45 PM
The identity of the new girl has finally been revealed - her name is Sheva Alomar.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/887/887351p1.html

ClassicGameTrader
07-09-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm so getting this the day it comes out, RE4 was one of my favorite games ever, this looks amazing!!!

Oobgarm
07-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Confirmed:

March 13, 2009. Release on Friday the 13th.

Gameplay from E3 looks really good.

heybtbm
07-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Confirmed:

March 13, 2009. Release on Friday the 13th.

Gameplay from E3 looks really good.

Sweet. This is my most anticipated upcoming game...newly added "white" zombies notwithstanding. Hooray for political correctness!

evil_genius
07-14-2008, 01:22 PM
That video is racist.

diskoboy
07-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Bump and updated the threads title for the new E3 trailer...

That 'snake creature', whatever it was, was simply bad assed....

I swear this game gets better looking, every new trailer.

Joker T
07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Did anyone notice that in the videos for co-op that the camera is switched between left and right for the characters?

I really hope you don't have to play on the right side of the screen, I think this is just for show in the trailer.

heybtbm
07-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Did anyone notice that in the videos for co-op that the camera is switched between left and right for the characters?

I really hope you don't have to play on the right side of the screen, I think this is just for show in the trailer.

I doubt it will force you to play one or the other. GRAW 1 and 2 both have the ability to switch between 3rd person "left and right"-centric camera views. I'm sure RE5 will have the same.

studvicious
07-15-2008, 03:56 PM
That new trailer was INSANE. Only 8 more months...