PDA

View Full Version : what type of xbox 360 media remote do I own?!?

c0ldb33r
06-02-2008, 10:06 PM
edit: the topic should read TYPE, not TIME.

I bought my xbox 360 second hand a last week. It came with a media remote. It looks just like the Microsoft version except for two things:

1) the START button isn't a green button, it's a regular button that happens to say START

2) the top of the remote has two extra buttons. Neither of them have labels and they don't seem to do anything.

Except for these two items, it looks just like the official MS version. I don't see any brand markings on it anywhere.

I didn't realize it's not an official Microsoft one until I tried using it, and it doesn't work particularly well. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. The TV codes off the xbox.com site do not work at all. Once I realized that it wasn't an official remote, I then put more thought into it and it doesn't feel real high quality, it's very light and the buttons are kinda crappy feeling.

Is this a crappy HK knockoff? Does this sound like any third part brand you're familiar with?

jcalder8
06-02-2008, 10:19 PM
I don't know anything about 3rd party ones.
But I do know you can edit your title by clicking on edit and then advanced :D

c0ldb33r
06-03-2008, 08:12 AM
lol - thanks. I was surprised when I thought I couldn't edit the title ;)

If needed, I'll post pics of the media remote. I don't really care either way because I couldn't see myself using the 360 as a DVD player - I'm just curious.

Lord Helmet
06-03-2008, 08:49 AM
It may be an asian knock off. I bought what I thought was going to be an official one from ebay, and got a crappy Chinese one instead. Looks the same except the green windows button is different and the silver and green xbox button is only green.

It also only works from like 3 feet away :\