PDA

View Full Version : Fortune and Glory...and little plastic building blocks.

Sniderman
06-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Has anyone else picked up the Lego Indiana Jones game? I grabbed it for the PSP (I'm kinda into the little handheld right now) and I'm really enjoying it. If you liked the Lego Star Wars titles, it's more of the same type of gameplay only with more of an exploration/adventure/puzzle-solving bent to the levels.

Highly recommended if you liked the first Lego games.

namzep
06-06-2008, 01:54 PM
It's one I intend to pick up as soon as I polish off Lego Star Wars (the first one for the Gamecube). It's been a ton of fun and if Indiana Jones is more of the same (as your post indicates) I'll definitely dig it.

Nesmaster
06-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Considered buying it, but I'll likely wait until I can grab it for $20 like I did with LSWII and LSWTCS on 360.

MachineGex
06-06-2008, 05:26 PM
My wife told me my son(who is 4 yrs. old) is "buying" it for me as a fathers day present. We have had a blast with star wars, so I am hoping this is just as good.

Lady Jaye
07-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Just got it yesterday (DS version) for $15 used at my friend's store. Lots of fun :D

Question: is there any difference between the DS and the PS2 version (aside from the stylus use)? I don't want to buy the PS2 version and find out that gameplay-wise, the levels are pretty much the same as they are on the DS.

MachineGex
07-20-2008, 10:35 AM
I am having a blast playing this with my son. We are finding it flows alittle better than the star wars game. Although it just may be we are getting better at these types of games. Very good game. I was worried because it got a few average reviews, but I think it is just as good as lego star wars.

Sudo
07-20-2008, 10:46 AM
I rented the 360 version from Gamefly and completed it 100%. I thought it was pretty decent, and I actually had never seen the Indiana Jones movies before, so I marathoned them all before playing the game so I'd know what was going on.

Lady Jaye
07-20-2008, 04:26 PM
I've played some more of the DS version. It's very good, but it's not perfect. It happened twice where I encountered a bug that froze the game. :( It's too bad because otherwise, I adore this game.

Lady Jaye
12-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Well, time to resurrect this thread. Been playing the PS2 version now, and there are substantial differences between handheld and home console versions. In other words, more Indy goodness.

The AI is a bit dumb (staying too close to the controlled character) and a better camera control would have been nice, but this aside, it's still a pretty good game.

jcalder8
12-06-2008, 08:29 PM
This one is on my "to play" list. I want to finish off Lego Star Wars first. I've never seen any of the movies so I haven't been very tempted to rush in and play it.

DigitalSpace
12-06-2008, 08:59 PM
I don't own it, but I've played some co-op with a friend, and I'm pretty impressed.

Nesmaster
12-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Considered buying it, but I'll likely wait until I can grab it for $20 like I did with LSWII and LSWTCS on 360.

... And I did just that. Picked up on August 2nd for $20. I still haven't started it though. :P

Some day...

p_b
12-07-2008, 10:12 AM
I just played through most of the three Indy films this weekend, all in co-op. It's a good game, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it.

kainemaxwell
12-07-2008, 10:44 AM
That's what I like about the Lego game series: the games may be on the easy side, but they are fun!!!!