PDA

View Full Version : Magna Carta (PS2) last boss help

Kobra
06-08-2008, 05:00 AM
How do i beat the second form of hugo(the very last boss)?. In the one and only walkthrough i can find on the internet, it looks like i can use "counter" on him, but it doesn't work!?. If i use normal attacks, he just kills me with one of his deadly attacks after a couple of minutes.

c0ldb33r
06-08-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm not trying to hijack your thread. I don't know the answer to your question, but is this game worth picking up? I rarely see people post about it so I gathered it was crap.

Sudo
06-08-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm not trying to hijack your thread. I don't know the answer to your question, but is this game worth picking up? I rarely see people post about it so I gathered it was crap.

Again, not to hijack the thread, but I hated the game. I got about halfway through it, if that and just couldn't play it anymore. The battle system, combined with the awful character design just turned me off. It's the only PS2 RPG I own that I've yet to finish.

XYXZYZ
06-08-2008, 08:34 PM
I think it's important that this thread is de-hijacked and restored to the original topic.

I've never played Magna Carta and I have no idea how to beat the last boss. If you can't use normal attacks, try using magic, or special attacks.:wink 2:

Fuyukaze
06-09-2008, 02:33 AM
I checked both of the strat guides on gamefaq and found them lacking. I've got the game but sadly never got around to playing it yet. Check the Atlus boards, perhaps someone could help you there?

Kobra
06-12-2008, 01:05 AM
I finaly manage to beat him (donīt ask me how i did it...but I think one of my other characters was standing in a wrong place somehow ). Thanks for the replies.

About the game itself: Itīs average. Mostly because of the battle system and the linear missions. The story is definitely a lot better than many other J-RPGīs, and thats why I went all the way. I used about 65-70 hours to get through it, and that was more than enough for me.

c0ldb33r
06-12-2008, 08:25 AM
About the game itself: Itīs average. Mostly because of the battle system and the linear missions. The story is definitely a lot better than many other J-RPGīs, and thats why I went all the way. I used about 65-70 hours to get through it, and that was more than enough for me.
Hah! We all know you just played it because, like everything Magna Carta related, its just a big boob fest :D

Actually I know nothing about Magna Carta other than the cover of this game and the wallpapers you find on google images for it, and they all just seem to be anime girls with huge boobs. Great artwork though.

namzep
06-12-2008, 08:30 AM
It's actually a decent RPG. The battle system, as others have mentioned, is one major strike against it. Overall, the story is engaging and the artwork is definitely good. I'd rate it below other Atlus RPGs that I've played (Disgaea being my all-time favorite) but rate it in the mid-range of RPGs that I've played. Of course, I've only ever played a couple of hours into it because I seem to always get distracted by some other game.

Kobra
06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
*Deleted by Kobra*

Kobra
06-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Hah! We all know you just played it because, like everything Magna Carta related, its just a big boob fest :D

Actually I know nothing about Magna Carta other than the cover of this game and the wallpapers you find on google images for it, and they all just seem to be anime girls with huge boobs. Great artwork though.

Yes, the girls are definitely eyecandy. The funny thing is, that it took me one hour to realize that the main character was a dude!...He actually did look pretty hot at first sight (I'm hetero, so don't get any ideas...:D).

c0ldb33r
06-12-2008, 09:33 AM
The funny thing is, that it took me one hour to realize that the main character was a dude!...He actually did look pretty hot at first sight...
lol - I don't know if that's something I'd actually admit LOL ;)