PDA

View Full Version : 360 Oblivion DLC problems, or dammit Bethesda, here we go again.

G-Boobie
06-10-2008, 12:00 PM
I played the Hell out of Oblivion. Like, 100 hours with my main character played the Hell out of. Last year, when the Fighters Stronghold or Fortress or whatever came out, I had already moved on to other games, but I reflexively downloaded it anyway. Last night, I got the Oblivion urge and booted it up.

The first thing I did was take the Fighters Stronghold quest, clear it out and buy all the various 'rooms' for it. Immediately I had problems.

I could no longer find anyone to recharge my magic items; even characters that were previously able to charge my items were no longer capable; the icons didn't even show up. The Magic Emporium in Cyrodil closed permanently.

Annoyed, but still blissfully unaware of how bad things were, I went to my new fortress and realized that none of the rooms I bought had shown up. I went back to the vendor and saw that he had absolutely nothing left to sell. Neither did any other vendor.

I deleted the save file with the fortress in it(I always have at least two concurrent saves because Bethesda is known for this crap), exited to the dashboard, and deleted the Fighters Stronghold DLC from the hard drive. The game works fine now.

Morrowind and Oblivion are two of my favorite games, but goddammit I am tired of how buggy and janky they are. It's hard to look forward to Fallout 3 when I know it's probably going to be rife with the same problems.

Anyway. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a known fix?

heybtbm
06-10-2008, 01:21 PM
I've never been able to get the items I bought actually show up in my fighters stronghold. I have no idea why. It's as empty as the day I first stepped inside. It's not really a big deal to me, so I never tried to delete/re-download the content.

The main Oblivion DLC issue I've had is after downloading the Knights of the Nine quest...several other minor quests in the game simply stopped working (i.e. unable to progress). Thankfully, I finished the game and a majority of the quests so it was no biggie in the scheme of things. I still have put in a solid 140 hours on my main character. Bugs and all, it's my favorite 360 game.

MrSparkle
06-10-2008, 03:51 PM
if only you had the pc version there would be hope of a player made fix! (and better graphics)