PDA

View Full Version : is it my 360 or TV?

mailman187666
06-11-2008, 08:35 AM
ok so, I've had my 360 being unused for a while. I've been playing PS3, wii, and PSP lately. So I decide to hook up the 360 when I picked up Ninja Gaiden 2. Whats happening is I'll play for about a half hour, then all the sudden the colors start to look distorted and all washed out. Then when I quit out of the game and try to change from 1080i to 720p or 480p, I'll hear sound but no picture shows up. Sometimes it'll kick right back to the way its supposed to be after the [red and greenish] distorted colors show up everywhere. I've tried multiple games on it both disk and xbla games. I never tilted or moved it while running, there is no freezing or 3 red lights. I even tried switching component cables around, I tried hooking it up to different component inputs on the TV and its the same thing. I have an xbox 1 hooked up with component that I ran for a while and it worked fine. Even jiggling the cables doesn't seem to have an effect on it. My PS3 wasn't doing this at all a day before this started happening but I need to hook it up and see if it does it with that. Anybody have an idea or similar occurances.

heybtbm
06-11-2008, 08:42 AM
LG strikes again!

Seriously though, this is a new one. So many possibilities. Is the 360 component cable and system set to "HDTV"?

mailman187666
06-11-2008, 09:54 AM
yup, everything was set to HD and I tried 2 sets of component cables.

If it turns out being my 360, everything 360 related is being sold, I've had enough.

Trebuken
06-11-2008, 02:07 PM
What type of HDTV?

I had a CRT (tube) HDTV do this to me...
I have had similar issues with things being set to HDMI...copy protection...

gepeto
06-11-2008, 02:30 PM
ok so, I've had my 360 being unused for a while. I've been playing PS3, wii, and PSP lately. So I decide to hook up the 360 when I picked up Ninja Gaiden 2. Whats happening is I'll play for about a half hour, then all the sudden the colors start to look distorted and all washed out. Then when I quit out of the game and try to change from 1080i to 720p or 480p, I'll hear sound but no picture shows up. Sometimes it'll kick right back to the way its supposed to be after the [red and greenish] distorted colors show up everywhere. I've tried multiple games on it both disk and xbla games. I never tilted or moved it while running, there is no freezing or 3 red lights. I even tried switching component cables around, I tried hooking it up to different component inputs on the TV and its the same thing. I have an xbox 1 hooked up with component that I ran for a while and it worked fine. Even jiggling the cables doesn't seem to have an effect on it. My PS3 wasn't doing this at all a day before this started happening but I need to hook it up and see if it does it with that. Anybody have an idea or similar occurances.

I had a refurb sent sent to me. I turn it on fine when I put in timeshift and let the demo run it started fine and then like you descibed the colors started getting distorted almost a predator look then ultimately sound and no pic. I believe it is systemboard problem. I returned it immediately and got another one.

mailman187666
06-12-2008, 09:26 AM
the only thing is I've had the 360 for a while now. It is in fact a CRT HD also. I figured out it wasn't the TV though because I hooked up my PS3 with component at the same resolution and it worked fine the whole time. Like stated before, it does look like predator vision or something. Now since my system is a little older, MS won't cover it because its not the RRoD. Am I screwed here? or is there any way to make it get the RRoD? the 360 is from back when the RRoD systems were still being manufactured. SHould I just leave it on all day and see if it eventually gets the RRoD?

otaku
06-12-2008, 09:39 AM
by a nyko intercooler and run the system awhile thats how I got the RROD. Best of luck man, this machine truly is a pos. Great games though and nice online service, just a shit machine