PDA

View Full Version : A good fighting game controller for the X-Box 360?

Nirvana
06-16-2008, 12:54 PM
I downloaded Steet Fighter II: HF Remix off of X-Box Live Arcade, and the standard 360 controller just doesn't work that great for me. I find myself constantly messing up on Shoryuken's that I can easily hit on a Playstation controller, or even an SNES controller. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I'm not looking for an arcade stick.

diskoboy
06-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Hori DOA4 controller, if you can find it. Or the Hori EX2, which is the DOA4 stick, minus the graphics.

An arcade stick will be your best bet. Most regular controllers don't have the precision you need when playing fighting games.

norkusa
06-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I've got that HORI DOA stick and love it. My only complaint is that the buttons feel a little flimsy but other than that, it's top-notch.

And I think the EX2 is only $40 on clearance at Gamestop if you can find one.

DreamTR
06-16-2008, 02:56 PM
I could have swore he just said he was NOT looking for an arcade stick.

A third party company I worked for is working on a six button controller but it won't be out until about February (SFIV release).

If you want to use a PSX controller, (PS2 Dual Shock) on 360, you need an XFPS 360 adapter which runs about $80 or so from www.play-asia.com

kedawa
06-16-2008, 06:50 PM
This hori pad looks like it has an okay dpad.

Poofta!
06-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Hori DOA4 controller, if you can find it. Or the Hori EX2, which is the DOA4 stick, minus the graphics.

An arcade stick will be your best bet. Most regular controllers don't have the precision you need when playing fighting games.

is it that same stick which the joystick "clicks" when it goes to whichever direction, as if it pressed a button? if so, that sound pisses me off to no end.

Damaramu
06-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Agreed. I hate joysticks that make that sound. I much prefer the springy, quiet joystics found in the arcades.

norkusa
06-16-2008, 10:25 PM
I could have swore he just said he was NOT looking for an arcade stick.

Ugh, I just noticed that. Forget what I said.

Nirvana
06-17-2008, 01:45 AM
This hori pad looks like it has an okay dpad.

K, well I looked up where I can get that pad, and so far, it seems like Renchi.com is the only place where I can buy it imported from Japan. Also, another site, I think it was videogamecentral.com said it is coming out July 2nd. Anyone know any other place I can get it for cheap before then?

If worse comes to worse I'll just wait til July 2nd, maybe it'll be out in stores. More information would help, I seriously did a lot of searching for the controller and most sites seem to say their out-of-stock or they are waiting next shipment. It kinda confused me.