PDA

View Full Version : Wii latest update kills TP HACK but not HB Channel

Cmtz
06-17-2008, 05:49 AM
So the latest update 3.3 kills the homebrew for you if you did not install the homebrew channel. Reports also say that the datel freeloader is not working.

It was good while it lasted, but I guess all good things have to come to an end. It's weird how Nintendo didn't kill the homebrew channel and ideas why not?

Oobgarm
06-17-2008, 06:41 AM
I bet they've been working on patching the TP hack for a while now. Once the next update comes along, I bet we can say goodbye to the homebrew channel itself and any other 'custom' channels this update didn't take care of.

Granted this menu update is optional...so I won't have to update until the next OMG HUEG GAME comes out. Looks like I'd better install those other channels I was looking at.

poloplayr
06-17-2008, 07:57 AM
does anyone know what features this new update actually adds?

GrandAmChandler
06-17-2008, 08:07 AM
does anyone know what features this new update actually adds?

You can move your Mii to your Mii Parade. That's it.

MrSparkle
06-17-2008, 08:13 AM
OH NO! now ill have to choose between my two favorite things in life.... homebrew wii software.... and miiparade! oh the horror!

djbeatmongrel
06-17-2008, 08:15 AM
OH NO! now ill have to choose between my two favorite things in life.... homebrew wii software.... and miiparade! oh the horror!

until a new game requires you to update your system

dsullo
06-17-2008, 08:19 AM
is there a website or something that discusses the wii homebrew stuff? I need to find out more..

namzep
06-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Zektor provides a nice writeup in This Thread (http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117245). It made it easy for a lazy person, such as myself, to setup the Homebrew channel and get some homebrew emulation running.

Neil Koch
06-17-2008, 09:46 AM
You can move your Mii to your Mii Parade. That's it.

From what I've read, it also adds some sort of game rating/ranking board in the Nintendo Channel. I don't have the channel (not worth the 250 blocks IMO) so I can't confirm that.

Cmtz
06-17-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't know what I'm gonna do.. I'm thinking of buying another wii...just so i can play my games on this one. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

ThoughtBomb
06-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Hmm, interesting info. Too bad I already downloaded the update. Guess I'll just continue comp emulating for now...oh no. Someone from Nintendo may have just read that. I'm so dead.

theoakwoody
06-17-2008, 10:04 PM

I don't think Nintendo will ever require this because they always looking at the greatest denominator. They know a ton of people don't even have a wireless router much less buying the adapter to allow you to hook up your wii to your router. How can they require someone to update their system? This would piss parents off who don't want their kids online for whatever reason. I think its safe to say no one will be required to do any of these optional updates in order to play future games.

Borman
06-17-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't think Nintendo will ever require this because they always looking at the greatest denominator. They know a ton of people don't even have a wireless router much less buying the adapter to allow you to hook up your wii to your router. How can they require someone to update their system? This would piss parents off who don't want their kids online for whatever reason. I think its safe to say no one will be required to do any of these optional updates in order to play future games.

Theyve already done it, as simple as putting the update on the game disk.

Cmtz
06-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Actually they have already done it. Mario Galaxy required you to update your system's firmwire. So it's very possible. I mean it will happen.

zektor
06-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Actually they have already done it. Mario Galaxy required you to update your system's firmwire. So it's very possible. I mean it will happen.

Not only possible, but it WILL happen. Nintendo will want you to get that new patched firmware on your Wii for sure :) Time to buy a second Wii for non-homebrew reasons...

Gapporin
06-17-2008, 11:36 PM
Time to buy a second Wii for non-homebrew reasons...

That's something I've always been wondering about. Could it possible that with systems like the Wii (and possibly the PSP) that need a dedicated machine to run unsigned code, that it actually increases revenue instead of supposibly taking away or dropping? Something to ponder...

Sweater Fish Deluxe
06-18-2008, 12:12 AM
And then a new exploit for loading homebrew will appear and then a new firmware update will come out and then a new exploit and so on and so forth et cetera et cetera.

Or maybe the Wii hackers will take a page from the PSP hacker's handbook and ditch that whole oneupsmanship game and start releasing their own hacked versions of the official firmware updates that keep the compatibility and features of the update, but also allow running unsigned code.

...word is bondage...