PDA

View Full Version : Finally unlocked the log on Guitar Hero II

ssjlance
06-20-2008, 12:02 AM
After playing Misirlou repeatedly, I finally have 5 stars on every song in the main setlist. I was wondering how much of an achievement this is considered?

Kitsune Sniper
06-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Achievement unlocked:
CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME

ssjlance
06-20-2008, 01:04 AM
Seriously, my wrists are on fire. It hurts to move them more than a little.

GnawRadar
06-20-2008, 02:55 AM
After playing Misirlou repeatedly, I finally have 5 stars on every song in the main setlist. I was wondering how much of an achievement this is considered?

I assume it's on Expert. If it is, then having 5 stars on everything in the main setlist is quite an achievement...and it is one I am still working on. :(

boatofcar
06-20-2008, 07:46 AM

Talk about leaving yourself open for snarky responses ;)

MrSparkle
06-20-2008, 09:43 AM
i still cant 5 star a few of the songs on hard :(

rbudrick
06-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Well, what difficulty are you on?

Also folks, it might be good for those who don't play guitar (and those who do) to learn the proper ergonomic holding of one. Holding a guitar like James Hetfield where you have it waaaay too low is seriously bad for you. Holding on your LEFT leg instead of instinctually putting it on your right leg (for all you righties out there) will seriously improve your guitar holding posture. Of course, an adjustable foot stand for your left foot is encouraged. If standing, don't do the Hetfield. Hold it more like Randy Rhoades, who was classically trained and knew how to hold the guitar more upright. You will also find the guitar far more accessible this way. It may take some getting used to, but your playing will improve (GH and real guitar).

-Rob

Slate
06-20-2008, 11:01 AM

Also folks, it might be good for those who don't play guitar (and those who do) to learn the proper ergonomic holding of one. Holding a guitar like James Hetfield where you have it waaaay too low is seriously bad for you. Holding on your LEFT leg instead of instinctually putting it on your right leg (for all you righties out there) will seriously improve your guitar holding posture. Of course, an adjustable foot stand for your left foot is encouraged. If standing, don't do the Hetfield. Hold it more like Randy Rhoades, who was classically trained and knew how to hold the guitar more upright. You will also find the guitar far more accessible this way. It may take some getting used to, but your playing will improve (GH and real guitar).

-Rob

Unless it is a Fender Jaguar you are playing. But in all honesty, Thanks.

On Topic: It was on expert.

ssjlance
06-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Yeah, Expert unlocks the log. But I play my guitar with it strung really high, like one of the Beatles.

I've also done 5 stars on most of the bonus songs, but Six is only 4 and I can't even beat Jordan.

Kitsune Sniper
06-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Seriously, my wrists are on fire. It hurts to move them more than a little.

Don't let my little joke annoy you. I'm really jealous of you, I'll never be able to get that good at the game. :)

ssjlance
06-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Well, I have the added bonus of already having known how to play guitar, so that helps.

And yeah, it's cool. I don't mind at all, I thought it was funny. Just, gah. My wrists hurt after doing it.

unwinddesign
06-23-2008, 03:07 AM

-Rob

Maybe if you like the neck like half a foot out to the left...

In all seriousness, though, if you don't play classical and aren't classically trained, most people will put it on their right leg, if they're right handed. I think the more important way NOT to induce carpal tunnel is to try to keep your fret hand wrist down, instead of clutched up against the guitar. That will really fuck you up. I notice a lot of GH players kind of have their wrists almost flush with the neck; goddamn, no wonder it hurts so bad after awhile.

modest9797
06-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Wow. That is extremely impressive. I can't even finish half of the songs on expert.