PDA

View Full Version : Etrian Oddesey 2

mailman187666
06-23-2008, 10:27 AM
it was supposed to be out last week and I have yet to find a store who has even recieved any in at all. Anybody having trouble with finding one? I loved the first one and this one seems to be getting better reviews. Looking foward to it.

Icarus Moonsight
06-23-2008, 11:12 AM
I bought two the other day. One at GS and the other at Game Crazy. Of course I pre-ordered one (Game Crazy). Etrian was the best RPG I have played in many years. So of course I am breaking my rule, just this once or twice now actually, LOL and collecting sealed copies of both 1 & 2. Other than the two copies I bought and the one I left on the shelf at Gamestop I haven't seen a single one other. Good luck, it's an awesome game so far.

Phosphor Dot Fossils
06-23-2008, 11:24 AM
What's the difference between this and a Magnavox Odyssey 2??

nestlekwik
06-23-2008, 11:57 AM
it was supposed to be out last week and I have yet to find a store who has even recieved any in at all. Anybody having trouble with finding one? I loved the first one and this one seems to be getting better reviews. Looking foward to it.

Afraid not. Even my local, small-town GameStop, which never gets the niche games I want it to, is carrying copies of EOII so I'm kind of surprised you can't find it, unless it actually sold out that fast around you (doubtful, though). If all else fails you can order from Atlus direct online or get it from any of the online retailers.

mailman187666
06-23-2008, 12:31 PM
looks like I'm just going to have to get it online. I wonder why nobody has this around me. Thats kind of strange I think. That happened with SNK arcade collection near me too and I just found one yesterday for PSP at a bestbuy....finally.

GrandAmChandler
06-23-2008, 01:21 PM
What's the difference between this and a Magnavox Odyssey 2??

Not much, both are fantastic!

nestlekwik
06-23-2008, 02:07 PM
looks like I'm just going to have to get it online. I wonder why nobody has this around me. Thats kind of strange I think. That happened with SNK arcade collection near me too and I just found one yesterday for PSP at a bestbuy....finally.

I know the SNK releases tanked so badly with stores in my area, they didn't carry them at release. I have seen, however, that recently a huge surge of them have hit Wal-Marts in my area, so they must have got a good deal on a bulk lot of budget titles. Did the first EO sell really poorly in your area? I'm a little doubtful on that too, but even if it did, it seems Atlus is becoming a real powerhouse and my local stores are carrying just about anything the company releases now.

Fuyukaze
06-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I got lucky. Called up the local gamecrazy and they had one copy left. Just walked in and bought it. After playing the hell out of the first and almost beating it, the second should only add to the experience. With all the mapping improvments made, the new skills, and new charcter classes, it should be great.

mailman187666
06-24-2008, 09:18 AM
well I finally found one store that had Etrian Oddysey 2 and was able to pick one up for both me and a friend of mine. It was the only store I'd say in a 30-50 mile radius to me that even had one copy. They actually had 3 but two of them were those fucking gutted copies. I sucked it up and bought the damn thing anyway because of the hell of a time trying to find them I had. So I guess 3 days worth of looking and calling finally paid off. The first Etrian Odysey was also hard to find in my area when it came out.

nestlekwik
06-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Good to hear. I hope you enjoy the game.

Trebuken
06-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I got the last copy at my Gamestop. One of their 'opened but new' copies.

chicnstu
06-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I got a copy today at GameStop. It was the only one they had on the shelf, one of those opened ones that said NEW. I took it to the counter then the guy went to a lower shelf behind him and pulled out a sealed one instead of selling me the opened one.

I also bought a sealed Rondo of Swords along with it. Is this a new thing for GS?

Icarus Moonsight
06-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Unfortunately, no, it isn't.

mailman187666
06-25-2008, 08:32 AM
to tell you the truth, I've been getting nothing but thier opened sealed copies lately. It seems like every time I go in there now I'm always buying thier 'last copy'. You know what though? I actually have a gamestop nearby that has little plastic sealable pouches that they have been using for those. Not quite the same but at least they are trying.

Anyways, I played a lot of Etrian 2 last night and I am very much addicted as I was the first one. Its a bit better because there is basically more of everything. I'll tell you though, there is just as much grinding and difficulty in this one as the first. Not a whole lot of new ideas were put into it, its more or less just bigger.

Icarus Moonsight
06-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Well, there was nothing wrong with the first one. They seem to have followed the "If it ain't broke" axiom... thankfully. One thing I noticed is they patched some of the holes from the first game. Especially in the abusable skills side. It's much more balanced with less useless skills and less easily obtainable and overpowered ones.

I was really shocked when I sent my guys into the labyrinth to loot the Take point in the first level, first stratum when the text box read: "OH NO!..." then a giant flower decimated my party in two turns... brutal. I will beat you! LOL

mailman187666
07-03-2008, 08:24 AM
speaking of brutal, I can't get past the boss on the 8th floor for the life of me. I keep leveling up but the damn thing can waste me away in one turn. Anybody pass that part yet?

Raedon
07-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Every kid I talked to about EO1 thought it was to hard. I miss the old grind RPGs I guess. Plus, Bards Tale is one of my all time favorite titles. No one local has a copy in so I went online. It's in the mail. :)

PDorr3
07-03-2008, 08:00 PM
speaking of brutal, I can't get past the boss on the 8th floor for the life of me. I keep leveling up but the damn thing can waste me away in one turn. Anybody pass that part yet?

I'm on the same floor. You are actualy not supposed to beat Salamox, infact unless you are level 40-50+ many say you shouldent even attempt beating it unless you have like a revenge Hexer or something and a DH to stall it with bindings.

Icarus Moonsight
07-04-2008, 02:27 AM
It's like the Wyvern in the first game. Just because you can reach a FOE/boss doesn't mean you're supposed to be able to defeat it. :D Damn, I love these games! If you thought the first one was too hard (I'm talking to you Nancy, you know who you are! LOL ) don't even attempt the second. It will kill you with frustration. Or make you wish for death, which is sometimes worse. :evil: If you wish to make the game harder and haven't played the first one here is the password (repost from GameFaqs) to do so. You get a carry over item Town Crown from the first game (+15 hp/tp and +2 to all stat) and a Guild name of C.Q.C. with you can change... thankfully.

L63UUZ1ulh&F&nEow&z3
ffzptP&&XP?DVAl&zCbh
pIrRScJ1iV?Kg&&E&otb
&F?VQXvyhSd&&?

mailman187666
07-07-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm on the same floor. You are actualy not supposed to beat Salamox, infact unless you are level 40-50+ many say you shouldent even attempt beating it unless you have like a revenge Hexer or something and a DH to stall it with bindings.

so are you just supposed to grind until you are a high enough level to beat Solomox? I've grinded quite a bit but not to the levels you are saying. Is there something I'm missing or anything? or am I just going to be grinding till solomox is weaker than me?

Icarus Moonsight
07-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Continue on past Salamox. Then when you have a good mainline party between 40-50lvl, come back and whoop his ass. ;)

mailman187666
07-08-2008, 09:15 AM
the only thing is it doesn't let me go up any further without beating salomox first so I'm kinda stuck between floors 1-8 until I'm strong enough.

mailman187666
08-22-2008, 02:42 PM
so has anybody stuck with this game long enough to beat it yet? even without using any kind of online guides or anything? I'm STILL working on it ever since release.

Cantaloup
08-22-2008, 04:24 PM
so has anybody stuck with this game long enough to beat it yet? even without using any kind of online guides or anything? I'm STILL working on it ever since release.

I finished the main story, but I'm still working on the post-castle content. The monsters are so strong that I decided to retire my level 70s and grind up some improved characters. They're in the 30s so I have a ways to go, so I decided to take a break from the game.