PDA

View Full Version : Good GBA Platformers.

Cloud121
06-23-2008, 05:59 PM
All right, so I've had my Micro for just over a year now, and love it too death. However, looking at the games that I own, and plan to own, just about ALL of them are RPGs and Run 'n Gun. I want some good platformers.

I'm looking for original games. No NES/SFC ports or anything. I don't really know much about them other than all the Mario World/All-Star ports. Then again, I only just recently got into the GBA.

thetoxicone
06-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Drill Dozer is pretty good

Kitsune Sniper
06-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Drill Dozer is pretty good

I was about to mention this one. Completely underrated, often looked over. This is what GameFreak should be doing instead of the countless Pokemon crapfests.

DigitalSpace
06-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Drill Dozer
Kirby: Nightmare In Dream Land
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament
Lady Sia
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
Rayman 3
Sonic Advance 1-3

modest9797
06-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is one of my favorite games.

backguard
06-23-2008, 10:02 PM
i heard astro boy was really good.

Jorpho
06-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Astro Boy is kind of more of a fighter than it is a platformer.

The Castlevania and Metroid games go without saying.

How about Warioland 4? An oldie but a goodie. And perhaps Rockman & Bass?

Cloud121
06-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I forgot to mention I already got Mega Man Zero and Zero 2, Mega Man & Bass, and both Metroids.

I was half asleep when I started the topic.

Tommy
06-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. Is this a pseudo-platformer? Anywho great game.

Sweater Fish Deluxe
06-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Go! Go! Beckham! Adventure on Soccer Island.

Seriously. I know it sounds like it's going to just be some licensed crap (I actually initially thought it was Soccer Kid with a license attached to it), but it's defintiely on of the best original platformers released for the GBA. The mechanics of using the ball are just so well thought out, intuitive and fun. It also has a real nice visual style, with a hand drawn look similar to Yoshi's Island.

European exclusive release, as far as I know.

...word is bondage...

snes_collector
06-24-2008, 04:35 PM
One Piece is pretty awesome, and you don't have to know anything about the anime. Challenging too, and there is extra stuff to go back a find which adds replay value.

joshnickerson
06-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Kim Possible 2 and 3 are actually two pretty decent platformers, with a lot of emphasis on quick jumping, wall jumping and grapple hook action, seems to have been influenced by the 2-D Metroid games.

Don't bother with the first game in the trilogy though, it SUCKS ca-ca-dookie.