PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sega Saturn Gungriffon players....Xbox?

Xian042
06-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Hello Gang,

I'm curious to know if there is anyone out there thats played and loved Gungriffon for Sega Saturn, and how the Xbox Gungriffon stands up to it?

I played the PS2 Gungriffon and wasn't crazy. Does this one play more like the old one?

Thanks!

Wraith Storm
06-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Gungriffon 1 and 2 on the Saturn are incredible games!!! Some of the best mech games ever made IMHO! They were simple, yet deep and engrossing.

Unfortunately, when the PS2 version was released they really changed the formula and not for the better... The graphics were solid but the game itself sucked, i thought. It was too dumbed down with all the spinning icons and such... instead of refule points with the helicopter.

The Xbox Gungriffon is a return to the original formula. It closely resembles the mold set by its Saturn brothers. It's very good but tough as nails.

Xian042
06-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Gungriffon 1 and 2 on the Saturn are incredible games!!! Some of the best mech games ever made IMHO! They were simple, yet deep and engrossing.

The Xbox Gungriffon is a return to the original formula. It closely resembles the mold set by its Saturn brothers. It's very good but tough as nails.

Sounds good, looks like its definately worth the 7 bucks its going for at GameStop then!

I never played Gungriffon II, but I read its more of the same great gameplay.
Too bad they didnt make the xbox gungriffon compatible with the Steel Batallion controller!

DaBargainHunta
06-25-2008, 08:16 AM
I didn't care for the Xbox version. Then again, I liked the PS2 version. So take that for what you will.

Damaramu
06-25-2008, 08:26 AM
What I want is MORE Gungriffon; on the 360 preferably.

Wraith Storm
06-25-2008, 03:37 PM
What I want is MORE Gungriffon; on the 360 preferably.

Game Arts made the newer Sylpheed game for the 360, so I wouldn't be suprised at all if they have a Gungriffon game in the works for it as well.

Xian042
06-26-2008, 09:33 AM
I picked up the game on the way home.

I have to say, being a fan of the original, this game made me smile right away. Right from the opening music I knew this game was going to be more to my liking. I HATED the opening cinema you can't skip, its just a way too long montage of the action, no point at all. Once you get past that noise its pretty good.
The reviews of the game just bashed its subpar graphics. But I loved how the game felt like a true gungriffon sequel.

good stuff!

Wraith Storm
06-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Glad to hear that you are enjoying it!

Granted, none of the Gungriffon sequels have the ground breaking intro from the original, but its the game that truly matters. Thats where the PS2 abomination fell flat and thankfully the Xbox version got the series back on track. :)

I found this installment to be the toughest in the series though. I could never beat the final battle. :(