PDA

View Full Version : If you have a Japanese PSN account, consider yourself lucky...

diskoboy
06-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Xenogears and Einhander just went up on PSN.

Why have 95% the US classic PSX/PSN releases been total shit? When are we gonna get Einhander? Gran Turismo's 1 & 2? When are we gonna get Nitrous Oxide? What about releasing Vib Ribbon over here?

Mr. Smashy
06-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Screw Xenogears and Einhander. I'd rather have Rakugaki Showtime (which was also just released on PSN in Japan).

exit
06-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Well I have a Japanese account, but I'd hardly consider myself lucky, considering I can't read Japanese. Hopefully they'll bring some of those over here, the first thing I would do is purchase Xenogears.

Neil Koch
06-25-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm really surprised they haven't made stuff like Metal Gear Solid or Gran Turismo available in the US... they're certainly much better than games 2Xtreme (ack).

Ed Oscuro
06-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Screw Xenogears and Einhander. I'd rather have Rakugaki Showtime (which was also just released on PSN in Japan).
And then you'd rather have Einhander once you get it.

Mr. Smashy
06-26-2008, 12:23 AM
And then you'd rather have Einhander once you get it.

I already have Einhander. Rakugaki Showtime is a little tougher to come by.

G-Boobie
06-26-2008, 01:41 AM
Seriously... What the fuck is wrong with Sony of America? It's like they're allergic to money or something. There are, what, like twenty PS1 games on the US PS3 right now, and with a few exceptions they're pretty lackluster.

Japan gets Rakugaki Showtime and Einhander? And we get Syphon Filter 3 and Spyro the Dragon?

Huh. I'll lay money we don't see any of the Square stuff on PSN. We didn't see Metal Gear Solid, Trap Gunner, Silent Bomber, or Rhapsody and we won't see this.

I wonder about the reasons for the US getting the shaft with PSN and Virtual Console DLC. Does anyone have a for really real reason why we're left out in the cold on this stuff?

Ed Oscuro
06-26-2008, 02:05 AM
I already have Einhander. Rakugaki Showtime is a little tougher to come by.
Well aren't you the lucky one. ;)

I still need most every game in this list (with the exceptions of MGS and Silent (?) Bomber), so I'd better be quiet.

Xizer
06-26-2008, 04:34 AM
Seriously... What the fuck is wrong with Sony of America? It's like they're allergic to money or something. There are, what, like twenty PS1 games on the US PS3 right now, and with a few exceptions they're pretty lackluster.

Japan gets Rakugaki Showtime and Einhander? And we get Syphon Filter 3 and Spyro the Dragon?

Huh. I'll lay money we don't see any of the Square stuff on PSN. We didn't see Metal Gear Solid, Trap Gunner, Silent Bomber, or Rhapsody and we won't see this.

I wonder about the reasons for the US getting the shaft with PSN and Virtual Console DLC. Does anyone have a for really real reason why we're left out in the cold on this stuff?

Hey pal. Spyro the Dragon is awesome. http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2342/emotcrossarmsiv3.gif

Is there some advantage to downloadable PlayStation Network PS1 games that I don't know about? Why the big fuss?

I just play the actual PS1 discs...

Mayhem
06-26-2008, 04:54 AM

Has it? Might bring the originals down in price a little then... finally able to grab it!

The 1 2 P
06-26-2008, 04:55 AM
Hey pal. Syphon Filter 3 is awesome. http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2342/emotcrossarmsiv3.gif

Fixed;)

Xizer
06-26-2008, 05:19 AM
Fixed;)

Meh, maybe it's the fact that there's so many damn shooters/action games for the PS1, but Syphon Filter just feels generic.

Whatever, they're both "awesome" then. http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2342/emotcrossarmsiv3.gif

smork
06-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Is there some advantage to downloadable PlayStation Network PS1 games that I don't know about? Why the big fuss?

I just play the actual PS1 discs...

Agreed -- in the case of an expensive rarity like Rakugaki Showtime it makes sense, but Syphon Filter? I can buy that for a few bucks loose somewhere if I don't actually have it.

Dun get the fuss.

G-Boobie
06-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Agreed -- in the case of an expensive rarity like Rakugaki Showtime it makes sense, but Syphon Filter? I can buy that for a few bucks loose somewhere if I don't actually have it.

Dun get the fuss.

True. But you aren't getting Einhander, Rakugaki Showtime, or Xenogears for six bucks on Ebay either. The downloadable games are, at most, fifteen bucks and have all the manuals and so on available as digital content.

It a great cheap alternative to paying Ebay prices on some of the best games for PS1.

The 1 2 P
06-26-2008, 07:08 PM

Dun get the fuss.

Did they ever release Syphon Filter 2 or 3 in Japan? I've found alittle evidence that says very small quantities of SF 2 were released there but theres no proof that SF 3 ever made it there. If 2 was released there it's apparently very rare.

Xizer
06-26-2008, 07:18 PM
True. But you aren't getting Einhander, Rakugaki Showtime, or Xenogears for six bucks on Ebay either. The downloadable games are, at most, fifteen bucks and have all the manuals and so on available as digital content.

It a great cheap alternative to paying Ebay prices on some of the best games for PS1.

Or, you know, you could just get a chipped PS1.

No way would I pay fifteen bucks for not only no physical product, but a fucking PS1 game.

:rockets: