PDA

View Full Version : PSX controller port repair

AB Positive
05-04-2003, 08:03 PM
Someone tried to trade in a PSX (large grey) and the controller ports didn't work. They traded in the rest of the stuff and just told me to keep the system. Now that I have this, I want to try repairing the problem, and possibly modding it to play PSX imports (how else will i play Tobal #2?)

Now... anyone have a clue how I do this?

-AG

omnedon
05-04-2003, 09:52 PM
You need another busted PSX, with a hopefully working controller block. Disassemble, and disconnect ribbon from controller block. Replace with another controller block, attach ribbon, re-assemble. that's it.

Repairing the fried block is likely FAR more trouble than it would be worth, and beyond my abilities. It's a part you swap, not repair.

If you are really jammed up, I have spare controller blocks I'd be willing to trade away, or sell for little money.

AB Positive
05-04-2003, 10:08 PM
hmmm, how much would the controller block be? I work at a VG store chain, so getting a used PSX would be rather cheap for me, but if the block is under $10 shipped it would be worth it.

omnedon
05-04-2003, 10:24 PM
The shipping alone would likely be close to $10. If you work for a store, you're golden. Just keep an eye open for one that won't read discs.