PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Gear PS2 Questions

ThoughtBomb
06-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Okay, so for PS2 there's X, X2, Isuka, and X2 Accent Core, right? Which is considered the best, and do characters vary per game? I'm collecting some 2d fighters and wanted to know, thanx.

josekortez
06-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Don't forget the original GG on the PS1 and the GG game on Xbox.

I'd start with the GGX game on PS2 or the GGX2 game on Xbox since they're the cheapest used. Accent Core is showing up used a lot at Gamestop these days.

I'm not a hardcore fanatic of GG, so I can't really tell a difference between the games, even though I own all of the PS2 games you named.

Chuplayer
06-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Guilty Gear X, X2, and XX Accent Core are all part of the same series. XX Accent core is an upgraded version of X2. They just decided to use the Japanese XX notation in America this time around. Notice how I said it's an upgraded version. For PS2, there has been XX, XX #Reload (Japan PS2 only, but it did come out in America on the XBOX and maybe the PSP), XX (I forget this iteration, also only in Japan), XX Accent Core, and XX Accent Core Japanese bugfix edition which I'm not sure is equivalent to the American version of Accent Core. There is also talk of XX Final Paradigm which may or may not come out even in Japan. Or maybe it has come out in Japan. I have no idea.

If you've got no GG games, you might as well get Accent Core. It's supposedly the most balanced version of the main GG fighting game series, or something.

If you've got friends who are into GG, pick up Isuka. It's a spinoff that's like Guilty Gear meets Smash Bros. Lots of people don't like it, but I think it has some potential for a fun four-player experience. The single player experience is horrid, though. If you don't have friends who would play this with you, it's pretty much only worth it for the soundtrack. It's got a few good tunes, so if you find yourself liking GG music, you might want to pick it up anyway.

djbeatmongrel
06-27-2008, 11:12 PM
I was hoping to post and indepth post since Guilty gear is my thing but chu player covered most of it. I will advise against Isuka, its a novell concept but falls a little short. Get accent core.

ubersaurus
06-27-2008, 11:50 PM
The iteration Chu forgot is XX Slash.

I'd just go with Accent Core. It's the newest and has the most stuff in it to the best of my knowledge.

Accent Core Plus is better if you can play the Japanese games on your PS2, but the US AC is fine. The difference is Plus has a new story mode (in Japanese) and some slight changes to the characters.

ThoughtBomb
06-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Hmm, so it would appear that my decision to get Accent Core was a success! Thanks, boys & girls.