neuropolitique
06-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Sweetness. Trailers look great

otaku
06-28-2008, 08:04 AM
Cool. This and starcraft. Can't wait

punkoffgirl
06-28-2008, 09:05 AM
The game play footage is lookin' pretty awesome!
http://kotaku.com/5020479/diablo-iii-videos-trailer-gameplay-footage

klausien
06-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Nice! here's hoping for an XBLA & PSN release of Diablo 2 if Diablo 3 comes to consoles.

boatofcar
06-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Nice! here's hoping for an XBLA & PSN release of Diablo 2 if Diablo 3 comes to consoles.

As somebody who's never played Diablo, would it translate well to consoles? I know it got a PS1 port, but was it any good?

BHvrd
06-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Looks like WoW lite.

Cartoony graphics, simple gameplay.

If it comes to console "WITH CO-OP" i'll eat it up as far as PC gaming goes I think i'll have better things to do.

Not very impressed unfortunately. Though Diablo 1&2 were/are classics I think they may be missing the bar a bit this time from the looks of it, imo. Just isn't gritty enough.

The new Starcraft on the other hand looks great.

RJ
06-28-2008, 09:48 AM
PS1 Diablo was great. I've gone through it at least 5 times. It's one game I'll NEVER sell/trade off from my collection.

Only way I'll get Diablo 3 is if it's on the Wii.

MrSparkle
06-28-2008, 10:07 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! sick ive been waiting for YEARS for this one! there had been a few major tip offs over the last year that this was in the works.

TheDomesticInstitution
06-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Great News. Now all I need is a new computer to play it!

carlcarlson
06-28-2008, 10:23 AM
"Stay awhile and..." ha, hadn't heard that in awhile.

This is my most hope-for sequel of all time and it's the reason I'll finally upgrade my seven year-old computer. I had been watching the site all week waiting to see what was under that ice. I had a feeling it was going to be this, but I didn't dare get my hopes up.

It looks pretty sweet. Kind of more of the same, but stepped up a lot. I think the developers played a little God of War (and vice versa I'm sure). Either way this looks great and I'm pumped. I wasn't expecting them to be so far along already, but I guess that's the Blizzard way. I didn't actually find a release date yet because I had to give everything only a quick glance, but I'm hoping to have this within a year.

Only way I'll get Diablo 3 is if it's on the Wii.

I am 99% sure you will never get Diablo 3.

FOnewearl
06-28-2008, 10:33 AM
I was glad to see that Diablo 3 is still more of the same but improved and not changed or evolved into something drastically different compared to Diablo 2.

What's with people hoping it gets ported to a console as if they hope to avoid having to play it on a PC? I practically don't play PC games at all with Diablo being the exception to the rule but Diablo is one game I would rather play on a computer with a keyboard and mouse over a controller. Not that I would mind seeing Diablo 2 or 3 on a console just that I think that it would almost be unanimous that it would control better with a keyboard and mouse.

Cornelius
06-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Keyboards and mice work with the PS3, don't they? I still generally prefer PC releases, but I just have less motivation to upgrade my PC these days for some reason, so a console release would be fine with me.

GnawRadar
06-28-2008, 10:58 AM
I loved playing Diablo and Diablo II and the expansion on my PC but I too hope it makes it's way to consoles because I'm not sure if my PC will be able to handle it. Plus, the Co-op mode sounds pretty cool. :D

meancode
06-28-2008, 12:29 PM
As somebody who's never played Diablo, would it translate well to consoles? I know it got a PS1 port, but was it any good?

Yea and the PS1 port was god awful. At least after playing it on a PC for so long. I doubt we will see Diablo anything on consoles. Unless they make one from the ground up.

walrusmonger
06-28-2008, 12:54 PM
blizzard makes their games scale down nicely, so as long as you're not running an ancient piece of crap (as in, 5+ year old emachines you paid $500 for), you should be fine.

Trebuken
06-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Yea and the PS1 port was god awful. At least after playing it on a PC for so long. I doubt we will see Diablo anything on consoles. Unless they make one from the ground up.

I smell consoles all over this. They went on about how you could play with just the mouse...I think it is definitely console bound...I only want a PC version myself though...by the looks of the trailer it would appear to all have been from a PC version. The nature of the graphics screamed PC...

G-Boobie
06-28-2008, 01:48 PM
I smell consoles all over this. They went on about how you could play with just the mouse...I think it is definitely console bound...

Explain your reasoning there. How is stressing how you can play with just the mouse point to a console port?

I don't think Blizzard has ported something to a console since Starcraft 64, which sucked. I think the PC boys are going to have bragging rights for Diablo III.

carlcarlson
06-28-2008, 02:19 PM
I just finished watching the video, and noticed some cool things. The first is that weapons only take up one slot. This is great because I was constantly having to rearrange my inventory in Diablo 2 to try and fit all of the items in (and of course, I never could). The bad thing about that is we won't be able to really see the cool artwork associated with unique items. I always enjoyed looking at stuff like Vampire's Gaze and Silks. Ah well, small price to pay I guess.

I also liked how stuff can fly at the camera. This may be old news, but I don't think I've really seen that before in a game like this. One time when the barbarian blew up some planks one of them flew right past the camera. Great illusion.

I really liked how they showed the boss prior to actually meeting him. I don't know if everyone saw him, but he's visible walking in the top left of the screen at one point. Atmosphere is so important in games to help set them apart, and I love stuff like that.

When they finally had a party of four going one of the characters picked up a health orb, and it healed everyone. That is REALLY nice, because that means your party won't have to fight over who needs health worse.

One thing I didn't like it the item drop rate seemed to be much less than in Diablo 2. I don't know if that's just because it is too early, and they don't have all of the items worked out yet though. Diablo games are all about the next great item, so it's important to have lots of item drops.

I think this could possibly be done on consoles, but I think it would suffer. It'd be great to be able to play over Live, but I like Battle.net just fine and will gladly upgrade my PC for this. I'm getting the giddy feeling I had back when I first read about Diablo II like ten years ago. I can't wait!

swlovinist
06-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Ports to consoles have improved greatly over the years. With mouse and keyboard support, they should do a console version, but I doubt that they will. I just hope that my new computer can run it!

Sudo
06-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm going to have to play the second game to familiarize myself with the series before D3 comes out. I played the first one at a friend's house years ago, so I don't really remember too much about it.

VACRMH
06-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Doh!

The one PC game that I would actually be excited for is announced, and who knows if my new computer can run it :(

I played the hell out of Diablo on PSX, and actually found it to be much better when I finally sat down with the PC version. The console port just felt so much faster.

koster
06-28-2008, 03:35 PM
The gameplay trailer looks great!

I'm hoping Blizzard opts for a cross-platform release, similar to Ubisoft's Beyond Good & Evil. If Blizzard goes the PC-only route (especially if Vista is a requirement), I won't be playing Diablo III.

Icarus Moonsight
06-28-2008, 04:42 PM
YES! *happy dance*

Maybe there is a God?!? LOL

BHvrd
06-28-2008, 06:55 PM
I dug a little more and found a gameplay vid I liked a bit more.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35677.html

The splatter sound and effects are definetely nice. :D

Still, I dunno how much more of this genre I can deal with on a whole, hell I want me a fully fleshed out MMO. Which I was thinking lately AoC was, but damn the items are worthless in it.

carlcarlson
06-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Still, I dunno how much more of this genre I can deal with on a whole, hell I want me a fully fleshed out MMO.

Personally I'm thrilled that it's NOT an online game. There was a rumor going around a few years ago that that is what Diablo 3 was going to be. I hope to never have to pay to play a game, but it would be really hard to resist if it was one of my favorite (if not THE favorite) franchises. I think Diablo needs a definite ending to each installment too, which a MMO doesn't really provide. Man I'm excited.

heybtbm
06-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Personally I'm thrilled that it's NOT an online game. There was a rumor going around a few years ago that that is what Diablo 3 was going to be. I hope to never have to pay to play a game, but it would be really hard to resist if it was one of my favorite (if not THE favorite) franchises. I think Diablo needs a definite ending to each installment too, which a MMO doesn't really provide. Man I'm excited.

I completely agree. MMO's suck donkey dick. Anyway, the gameplay looks great...I can't wait.

TheDomesticInstitution
06-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Maybe there is a God?!? LOL

You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you.

This is not the worst thing that can happen - WE DON'T NEED HIM. We are God's unwanted children? SO BE IT!

cyberfluxor
06-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Looking good if everything is accurate. And if it were an MMO, from the looks of the gameplay (if real footage), I would pay for a good several months or so. It really is a good franchise.

And as for the PS version of the original, it's an improvement over the PC version. Very few PC games get that much attention and Blizzard did a wonderful job on it, hence the continuing high price. I have two great PS copies and don't have plans to sell either for now.

Icarus Moonsight
06-29-2008, 12:30 AM
You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you.

This is not the worst thing that can happen - WE DON'T NEED HIM. We are God's unwanted children? SO BE IT!

As long as I can play more Diablo - I do not care! :D

Leftclickleftclick diediedie! All day long, I sing this song! I lubs to kill stuff.

I really needed this today, after hearing about the Castlevania fighter. :/

FOnewearl
06-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Keyboards and mice work with the PS3, don't they? I still generally prefer PC releases, but I just have less motivation to upgrade my PC these days for some reason, so a console release would be fine with me.

I didn't consider this but I'd still probably roll with the PC version especially if I had to buy a special keyboard and mouse to use with the PS3

One thing I didn't like it the item drop rate seemed to be much less than in Diablo 2. I don't know if that's just because it is too early, and they don't have all of the items worked out yet though. Diablo games are all about the next great item, so it's important to have lots of item drops.

I noticed this too but I actually would like it if the game dropped less items as long as it was all of the garbage that was cut and you still found good items as often (or more often) then you did in Diablo II. It's insane how much stuff would drop in big games in D2, couldn't even see all of the name tags on your screen sometimes!

carlcarlson
06-29-2008, 12:09 PM
I noticed this too but I actually would like it if the game dropped less items as long as it was all of the garbage that was cut and you still found good items as often (or more often) then you did in Diablo II. It's insane how much stuff would drop in big games in D2, couldn't even see all of the name tags on your screen sometimes!

Yeah, but I loved that. That mainly only happened when you were in some high-level place like the cow level or the bit right before Baal, so it makes sense that there would be a lot of drops. I also don't mind the crap drops, because at one point they are good. The drops can't stay level or above your character level the whole time, that would get dull. Crap drops also serve as a good source of gold. Now here's hoping gold is actually good for something this time around!

AB Positive
06-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh crap. I think I'm foreseeing 3 years of my life melting away.

G-Boobie
06-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Lets just go ahead and kill the idea of Diablo III on consoles. (http://kotaku.com/5020577/just--forget-about-diablo-iii-on-a-console-mmkay)

Sorry boys and girls.

unwinddesign
06-29-2008, 04:02 PM
This looks like it will be identical to Diablo and Diablo II, Dungeon Siege, Champion of Everquest (or w/e it's called) and the rest of the semi isometric hack 'n slash dungeon crawlers. Press the same mouse button over and over again, click 800 times for loot, go back to town to sell loot, have potion linked to a hotkey so you can drink more than the enemies can damage you...weeeee!

After playing Oblivion, I really never want to play a game like that ever again. Which isn't to say that D3 looks bad, it just looks...old.

TheDomesticInstitution
06-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Watched a 10 minute game play video last night and it looks killer. I'm glad they didn't fix what ain't broken. The graphics are very very nice.

neuropolitique
06-29-2008, 07:19 PM
This looks like it will be identical to Diablo and Diablo II, Dungeon Siege, Champion of Everquest (or w/e it's called) and the rest of the semi isometric hack 'n slash dungeon crawlers. Press the same mouse button over and over again, click 800 times for loot, go back to town to sell loot, have potion linked to a hotkey so you can drink more than the enemies can damage you...weeeee!

After playing Oblivion, I really never want to play a game like that ever again. Which isn't to say that D3 looks bad, it just looks...old.

Weird. When I have access to the TV I play Oblivion. When I don't I sit at the computer and play Diablo II. I find both to be equally enjoyable while being very different games.

carlcarlson
06-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Weird. When I have access to the TV I play Oblivion. When I don't I sit at the computer and play Diablo II. I find both to be equally enjoyable while being very different games.

Yep, my two favorite franchises. They are completely different, I don't know why anyone would compare the two, though. If you want to start making the argument about Diablo 3 looking like the previous two though, then you might as well take a look at Morrowind while you're at it. Really though, that's how it should be. If Blizzard has shown us anything it's that they know how to do a sequel right. Improve on everything while keeping the core gameplay the same, and you'll have a hit sequel to a hit game.

unwinddesign
06-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Yep, my two favorite franchises. They are completely different, I don't know why anyone would compare the two, though. If you want to start making the argument about Diablo 3 looking like the previous two though, then you might as well take a look at Morrowind while you're at it. Really though, that's how it should be. If Blizzard has shown us anything it's that they know how to do a sequel right. Improve on everything while keeping the core gameplay the same, and you'll have a hit sequel to a hit game.

They're both hack 'n slash games, except one is first person and one is third person. RPG leveling, quests, the towns, emphasis on loot (less in Oblivion, but there). Wide worlds where a lot of traveling is necessary, kind of medieval/mythical themes. The point I was making is that Oblivion has all that stuff, plus a more wide open, varied feel...the quests are much more varied than just "beat the crap out of X dude by clicking the mouse button until he dies." They're more similar than not, imo. I never played Morrowind, so that doesn't really apply to me, although from what I've heard Oblivion's technical achievements outspan Morrowind, and the power of recent PCs really helped out the performance of the game (loading times). D2 was well optimized from the start, and the trailer didn't really seem like D3 offered much more, beyond new spells and new attacks. But you're still gonna be clicking on that mouse button constantly.

Again, keyword is that D3 doesn't look bad...just old. More of the same is fine, but I'm going to sit this one out. I've had more than enough of my fill over the years, and D3 doesn't look like it offers anything new. Heavy emphasis on co-op play sounds interesting, but I don't have anyone to play with, so it's a moot point for me. I'm not trying to argue with anyone, and I know I'm not going to convince any longstanding Diablo fans of anything. I just pointed out that video games have progressed a lot since D2, so I'm not interested, and I wonder if some other people might lose interest as well.

Lothars
06-30-2008, 02:34 AM
They're both hack 'n slash games, except one is first person and one is third person. RPG leveling, quests, the towns, emphasis on loot (less in Oblivion, but there). Wide worlds where a lot of traveling is necessary, kind of medieval/mythical themes. The point I was making is that Oblivion has all that stuff, plus a more wide open, varied feel...the quests are much more varied than just "beat the crap out of X dude by clicking the mouse button until he dies." They're more similar than not, imo. I never played Morrowind, so that doesn't really apply to me, although from what I've heard Oblivion's technical achievements outspan Morrowind, and the power of recent PCs really helped out the performance of the game (loading times). D2 was well optimized from the start, and the trailer didn't really seem like D3 offered much more, beyond new spells and new attacks. But you're still gonna be clicking on that mouse button constantly.

Again, keyword is that D3 doesn't look bad...just old. More of the same is fine, but I'm going to sit this one out. I've had more than enough of my fill over the years, and D3 doesn't look like it offers anything new. Heavy emphasis on co-op play sounds interesting, but I don't have anyone to play with, so it's a moot point for me. I'm not trying to argue with anyone, and I know I'm not going to convince any longstanding Diablo fans of anything. I just pointed out that video games have progressed a lot since D2, so I'm not interested, and I wonder if some other people might lose interest as well.

I think your totally off base though, It's not trying to be the same game as oblivion,

They are two totally different games well oblivion is more open ended and in 3d third person/first person

Diablo is an isometric 3d game which is much more hack and slash but still has alot of strategy

I just think that your saying they need to change but it just seems like your picking apart Diablo 3 from a alpha trailer, give it time but to compare oblivion to diablo is nonsense and makes me shake my head.

I also don't know why you say it looks old, it looks anything but old

even Diablo 2 stands up in ways that morrowwind doesn't

It's two different looks to the games but in some ways it does look just as good as oblivion.

Lothars
06-30-2008, 02:35 AM

I think your totally off base though, It's not trying to be the same game as oblivion,

They are two totally different games well oblivion is more open ended and in 3d third person/first person

Diablo is an isometric 3d game which is much more hack and slash but still has alot of strategy

I just think that your saying they need to change but it just seems like your picking apart Diablo 3 from a alpha trailer, give it time but to compare oblivion to diablo is nonsense and makes me shake my head.

I also don't know why you say it looks old, it looks anything but old

even Diablo 2 stands up in ways that morrow wind doesn't

It's two different looks to the games but in some ways it does look just as good as oblivion is.

Icarus Moonsight
06-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Old?!? Does anyone bother to look at which forum they are posting in anymore?

Elizabeth! It's the BIG ONE. I'm coming home darlin'! I'M OLD! :frustrated:

Leftclickleftclick diediedie...

carlcarlson
07-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Has anyone been following this game since last week? I can't believe the fuss people are making about the art direction. I can agree that it is straying a bit from the franchise's look, but people are acting like someone just killed their dog. Does anyone here feel that strongly about it?

neuropolitique
07-06-2008, 10:56 AM
People need things to cry about. Looks great to me and a friend of mine who still has all his original characters from 2 saved.

TheDomesticInstitution
07-12-2008, 09:28 PM
It sure looks like Blizzard is trying to coattail on the success of WoW, and gamers are speaking out:

Diablo Fans Petition Against III's Artistic Direction (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168512)

Diablo online petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/d3art/petition.html)

Now call me an asshole, but I think the game looks great. I've never played WoW, and still I play Diablo II. I mean the game does look a bit grittier in the "after" shots, which is cool- but seriously it seems a little petty. From the gameplay videos I saw, it seems to fit nicely in the spirit of the Diablo series. I don't see the big deal, and don't consider the look of III much of a departure.

Whatever.

I won't sign the fucking petition. No offense to you Stonic... I just don't agree with the trivial nature of it.

neuropolitique
07-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Those "How it looks" "How it should look" pics in the link posted are ridiculous. If these kids are really that upset about it they should just turn down the gamma when they buy it. And they will buy it.

G-Boobie
07-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Gee, I sure hope that Blizzard takes time out from developing some of the most important upcoming games for the PC platform to realize that a bunch of neck bearded man-children are so starved of anything of real importance to worry about, that they've decided they want Diablo III to be all, like, dark and stuff like Lestat because vampires rule or something. Then they can make it resemble a Hot Topic, like it should have been in the first place and the internet can die happy knowing that it's destiny has been fulfilled.

Replay Diablo II, sons and daughters, There's plenty of fucking color in there. Remember the jungle? Remember the desert?

The 'WoW' aesthetic is primarily to disguise a very scalable engine so that people who don't have 8800 graphics cards can actually play the fucking thing. Blizzard has figured out that people will buy PC games if their computer will actually run them. Good on Blizzard. And to hell with internet petitions in general. Waste of good bandwidth.

SeverThe7th
07-26-2008, 12:16 AM
I came back from a vaction and found out when i was at the newsagent, Pc Powerplay. Pretty shitty article on it but oh well. My comp can run Hellgate (albeit not very smoothly), so im hoping i wont have to upgrade.

I still havent completed the grail on DII (dont know if i ever will) and i still want a Lo Rune. People are estimating 1-3 years till its actually released. Im thinking more like 1-1.5 years. I gotta get this, but i dont want to play it as fanatically as i did number 2.

Does anyone know if its a prequel to number 1 or sequel to 2?.. im guessing the latter.

carlcarlson
07-26-2008, 09:52 AM
It takes place 20 years after II.

Nirvana
08-04-2008, 10:37 PM
I am so damn excited over this. I've been a huge Diablo II fan for awhile, and I still play it. I am really looking forward to all the updates they have on the game.

Lady Jaye
08-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Did you guys see the interview in MTV Multiplayer, where the game's lead designer blasts back at the fans who've been making mockup screenshots because they find Diablo III to be too bright, too WoW-like? Personally, I like to be able to see what I'm doing when I'm playing...

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/08/04/diablo-iii-designer-turns-tables/

carlcarlson
08-07-2008, 02:36 PM
I'll be honest, I prefer every single one of the altered shots to the originals. A few of them are pushed too far (the rainbow shot), but I agree that the current palette is too... pastel? I also didn't find many of Jay's reasons very convincing. Losing profiles? I had no trouble seeing anything in any of those shots. If anything, the increased contrast helped me find stuff. I can understand the technical constraint though.

I think they need to drop the whole "this is what Diablo 2 ACTUALLY looked like". I'm playing Diablo 2, it doesn't look like this. And Diablo 1 definitely doesn't look like that. Yes there are vibrant colors in the previous two games, but they are very selective. D3 has them all over the place. The dungeons are way too blue and green. That last shot (necromancer's choice) looks great compared to the "WoW gayness". I think you'd have to be blind to not see the influence that the WoW team members are bringing to the project.

I'm not trying to bash the project, I love Blizzard and haven't been this excited about a game since Diablo 2 was announced. I just wish the entire Blizzard North crew was still working on it.

Also, the necromancer has been confirmed as not being in the original game. I don't know if that is old news, but I didn't read that until this morning.

Richter Belmount
08-08-2008, 12:51 PM
I find the bane of the video gaming industry the choice in graphics and color as it all has become oriented around mundane gray and brown. Everything has to be grey or brown cause its realistic! (sarcasm) Honestly those colors just darken a games palette and you can barely see shit. You could be playing the best fps game of all time with some of the best graphics! But it gets all hindered by the fact you cant see anything in the 1st place when you play it.

So you have palette with realistic brown and grey , that hinders the players vision and the players excitement for the game , just to favor a artificial reasoning for realism inside a video game. Instead of having a product with the same appeal of old school games that generally were more exciting in terms of graphics and that left a impression on you.

carlcarlson
08-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I don't think anyone is arguing that brown and grey are realistic. The argument is that these new screens aren't true to the look and feel of the previous Diablo games. I haven't heard anyone say they want Diablo to look/feel realistic.

MrSparkle
08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Those petition fucks are just trying to increase the value of their +light radius items they don't even have yet. Lol seriously though it is a little bit too light and cartoony and i do feel the aftershots look more inline with the series dark artisitic style. If they dont change it i will still buy it though. Heres hoping the end game is a little bit more fun beating the game 3x with each character on harder difficulties doesnt really do it for me. Alright so i'm on hell difficulty and my equipment rocks doesnt change the fact that im beating the same quests YET AGAIN, only thing to do once you get that far is duel and if your character wasn't carefully groomed from the start to duel you will just get owned.

Also in response to a console port. WHY!??!?!111one! Seriously everyones worried their computers won't be able to run this. It's not like its a vvery heavy game graphically i'd say any off the shelf computer from the last 5 years can run this based on the graphics showed off in the game play demo. I love this forum but i feel like the pc gets a bad rap as a gaming platform here. The pc IS and will always be in my eyes the premier gaming platform. Sure there are some nice things about standardizing a set of hardware and services and calling it a console. But my pc can smack the hell out of a ps3 and it cost less to build. Online gaming... yep had that for 15 years.... HD resolutions.... yep had that for like 20 years now... Gamepads.... check infact you can use the newest gen consoles gamepads without even needing adaptors in most cases!... so lets see why put this on a console.... oh i know is it because the saturn port of warcraft 2 was so awesome!?!?? NO? well then maybe because the n64 port of starcraft rocked so fucking hard?!??! NO!?>?! Oh i know it must be the outstanding success in terms of gameplay of the ps1 port of the original diablo right!? WELL THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS IT!? Sales, thats the only reason to do so, some people dont own pcs and stick to their consoles so religiously that this is the only way to sell to them. Its nothing more than a watered down quick cash in, blizard and vivendi have no problems with that though.

Some things i would like to see in this. Not axing the necro and replacing it with a lame ass witch doctor. Maybe ill start a petition to ensure the necros continual role in the series. More item variety (no i'm not crazy!), When in endgame the set of equipment you NEED is very limited every class has it boiled down to one ultimate armor set that destroys all else. Continue the newly introduced synergies which really add to the character customization. Fix the party questing i hate the stupid rules concerning quest item drops when people already completed the quest previously. Oh the game host did this quest already and you just completed it well then your just not getting that horodric cube! Some kind of antirush strategy, won't people just relax and play through the game for once why must you go from level 1 to beating diablo within 20 minutes! Slightly better protection in hardcore mode from being ganked by other players (nothing like having that char you put so much time into being ambushed (usually with a glitch of somesort) and killed forever!). Ability to revisit diablo 1 and 2's worlds in your questing (going back to tristram in diablo 2 rocked!). How could i forget this... MUCH LARGER STASH! MUCH LARGER!!! Value to gold (if you lose 2 mil gold in one day getting killed in cow runs and write it off in your head as oh well golds useless at this point in the game anyway you know you have a problem.). More friendly fighting npcs like the barbarians in the first quest of act 5. Bigger, Better, and ultimately more confusing crafting system. No horadric cube! (it takes up space sure it has more space inside than it takes up but know what got really old really fast? Ill give you a hint emptying that SOB every time you want to actually use it.)

Lady Jaye
08-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Well today and tomorrow is the Blizzcon, and it's expected that more light will be shed regarding Diablo 3. I don't mind waiting eventually till 2010 if it means a better product in the end, but the one element I can't wait to get more info about is the system requirements.

I find it very interesting that rumor has it that it will have similar specs to WoW, meaning that my Mac G5 would be able to run D3. I sure hope that these rumors will turn out to be true and not changed along the way to exclude PPC Macs.

swlovinist
08-21-2009, 03:21 PM
I dont buy new PC games, but I will buy this when it comes out. Gosh Dang Diablo 3 looks slick

carlcarlson
08-23-2009, 09:54 AM
The monk has been confirmed as the fourth class, and Diablo 3 was not named as one of Blizzard's 2010 releases. I'm sure there is a ton of other interesting info from Blizzcon, but those are the two things that jumped out at me.

Also, the latest screens look kind of horrible in my opinion. Everything looks too cartoony and "poppy", there is absolutely no realism. In motion it might look good, but as a shot these have me less excited than I was a year ago. I kind of wish they were just going with hi-res sprites and sticking with the D2 style.

Nirvana
08-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Monk looks pretty great. I actually like the screenshots so far. God I can't wait for this to come out.

Lady Jaye
10-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Who will get the collector's edition? I'm tempted but it is $40 extra. The artbook is what really interests me...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/collectors-edition/

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/640382_CELG.jpg

portnoyd
10-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Btw, if you have an active WoW sub with all expansions attached, you can contract for a year and get Diablo III free digitally. Nice freakin' deal!

Flashback2012
10-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Who will get the collector's edition? I'm tempted but it is $40 extra. The artbook is what really interests me...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/collectors-edition/

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/640382_CELG.jpg

I had the game on pre-order at Gamestop since I worked there two years ago. When they announced the CE at Blizzcon, I switched over my reserve to that on Saturday. I'm probably going to set up the Annual Pass for WoW as well.

gum_drops
10-25-2011, 10:53 PM
At $40 extra, its a tough call. I really want the artbook too, and the thumbdrive is kind of neat. I am on the fence on this one. Now, if they put it in a tin case that would seal the deal for me.

Lady Jaye
10-26-2011, 05:26 AM
It's already more interesting for someone who doesn't have Diablo II, but I do have the original Diablo Battlechest (which included the first Diablo) and I even installed Diablo II on my netbook via Blizzard's free download program (if you have the CD key to Diablo II, you can redownload the game for free).

portnoyd
10-26-2011, 06:26 AM
We'll be getting 2 copies of Diablo III... one, because Achi already reupped for a year of WoW and two... because Achi needs the Collector's Edition WoW pet. :P

Flashback2012
10-26-2011, 01:14 PM
We'll be getting 2 copies of Diablo III... one, because Achi already reupped for a year of WoW and two... because Achi needs the Collector's Edition WoW pet. :P

I'll end up with essentially two copies as well. Three actually because I did the Annual Pass for both WoW accounts. @_@

Ludwig
10-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Not sure if i should buy that. They changed the whole style. I have nothing against a updated look, but this is a little much.

http://images.mmosite.com/my/upload/a3/a4/dc6b0aa94421804836cc80e82de8c3e6/theme/017c365f3911d975a152b3aaace764e8446.jpg
I'm sure everyone knows this picture by now but it reflects my feelings very well. But i will try it as i probably will get it free if it's true what you say about WoW and diablo 3.

Flashback2012
10-27-2011, 01:57 AM
Actually I was mistaken. Both WoW accounts are set up on the same Battle.Net account and it's only one copy per Battle.Net account. Instead of getting D3 for free, I basically agreed to 4 months of free game time for opting to get the D3 CE.

Oh well, there's the Charger and the pet that comes with the CE. ;)

Nirvana
10-27-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm one of the people that spent hours on Diablo II: LoD...so of COURSE I'm going to get the Collectors Edition :) In fact, if you look up Diablo II on the forums (Either Classic or Modern gaming), I made a semi lengthy just on general discussion of Diablo II :)

I'm really hyped up for this game. Only bad thing...this will hurt my school work for sure! :)

Rickstilwell1
10-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Wait, so now you don't have to have a constant internet connection to play the game? If that's true then sweet. I'd love to get the game.

As far as art style goes, people complained about the art style of Vandal-Hearts: Flames of Judgement, but that didn't stop it from being a good game. Sometimes you have to look past the visuals and enjoy a game for its core gameplay.

Lady Jaye
10-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Nothing seems to indicate that the "always-on" requirement was removed from Diablo 3.

And I like the new art style, at least you can distinguish the characters easily from the background.

Rickstilwell1
10-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Nothing seems to indicate that the "always-on" requirement was removed from Diablo 3.

And I like the new art style, at least you can distinguish the characters easily from the background.

If there is an always-on requirement for Diablo III, I wonder how long it will take before a crack is made to allow offline play?

Lady Jaye
10-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Probably a few hours or days at most.

Nophix
10-28-2011, 09:44 PM
We'll be getting the digital copy for sure. Wife is a WoW player, and we did the annual pass so she can get the mount and beta access. So, I benefit by getting Diablo III!