PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Mission for Wii US release? Anyone else seen one?

GM80
06-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Anyone else even seen this? I found one thread on another forum saying it was seen in an FYE in March, then I saw (and bought) a lone copy last week.

It's a remake of the eponymous C64 game. It's not even listed on the publisher's website (Codemasters), nor could I find a single review of the US version online.

Sudo
06-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Chances are that if they quietly slipped it into stores like this and there are no reviews, that it most likely sucks. Have you played it yet?

-^CrožBow^-
06-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I've seen the Wii version a few times at my local Best Buys. They usually have it placed near the other low quality budget titles like Billy the Wizard etc. From what I have read on the Wii version, it is exactly identical to the DS version. Only the DS version is cheaper and exclusive to Gamestops.

That is about all I know of the Wii version. But at least I have seen it.

Bojay1997
06-28-2008, 06:25 PM
This was a Best Buy and FYE exclusive. Several local Best Buys in Los Angeles still have a few copies in stock. Super Fruitfall for the Wii came out at the same time and I believe was also exclusive to Best Buy.

Flack
06-28-2008, 07:27 PM
I actually thought the DS version was pretty good (http://www.review-o-matic.com/games/index.php?file=impossible_mission-ds). I haven't run across the Wii version yet but I would probably pick it up just for the sake of owning it. If you liked the original you'd like this version as they are nearly identical save for the updated graphics.

josekortez
06-28-2008, 08:55 PM
I have the DS version, but I found it boring. Then again, I never owned a C-64.

icbrkr
06-29-2008, 08:13 AM
I picked it up a few months ago - to be honest, while the graphics update and feel of the game is true to the C64 version, the control scheme is awful. You can't hold the controller sideways like a classic controller, you must hold it like a wand. WTF? Seriously, it's a platformer with pixel perfect jumps, trying to shoehorn the Wii controls in there was a lame move. Too bad, I loved the C64 version :/

GM80
06-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Super Fruitfall for the Wii came out at the same time and I believe was also exclusive to Best Buy.

Dang it ... you just had to mention this game and make me track down a copy, didn't you? Never heard of this one before tonight, either (and I'm trying to pick up the obscure ones cheaply as they come out).

notoriusvig
06-29-2008, 08:00 PM
I saw this at a local Sam's Club last week and it doesn't look too bad. It was priced around $18 when I saw it.

Excalibur212
12-28-2008, 01:11 AM
Thanks to this thread, I ran out and bought the last remaining copies of Impossible Mission for the Wii (USA/NTSC retail version) at my local FYE. After coming across this post, i started making calls to my local BestBuys, FYE's and Sam's Clubs, but it had already disappeared from all their websites, as if it never even existed (a clueless BestBuy teen salesrep asked if i was sure of the name, and a GameStop employee even told me their database claimed it had never been released for the Wii, even though i had seen and held in my own hands 2 copies at BestBuy a month earlier!). I called 5 FYE stores, 4 of which didn't even sell video games at all, and the last one about 45 minutes away said they had 3 copies remaining on a clearance rack). I immediately jumped in the car and headed there, bought the last 3 copies, one to keep and play myself and the other 2 to auction off on eBay!

Interested bidders should contact me via my eBay username Excalibur212 (http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/AdvSearch?ec=4&generatetoken=true&sofindtype=25&userid=Excalibur212) (do NOT attempt to reach me using a private message here; i will most likely never check this site); I will start an auction for one as soon I get an email expressing interest in bidding! Good luck!! :-)

jupitersj
12-28-2008, 02:28 AM
Yes, because DP'ers are just jumping at the chance to bid on a price gouging game flipper that will never contribute to this site other than advertisement....

Icarus Moonsight
12-28-2008, 03:07 AM
Could one put up a more tactless initial post? Get a job you loser. :p

I wasn't aware... Bold text highlighted yellow must bring the monies... buttery bastard.

Mayhem
12-28-2008, 07:27 AM
I was wondering why this thread had resurrected... I managed to get a copy during the summer at Best Buy for $10...

maxlords
12-28-2008, 08:51 AM
LMFAO @ Excaliber. Good thing gas is cheap...

Bojay1997
12-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Check your local Costco if you still are looking for this game. They have it as part of those Crave Wii game two packs in the holiday section. Super FruitFall for the Wii is also part of some of the two packs. I believe they are $30 per pack, so actually less than I paid at Best Buy a year ago.

icbrkr
12-28-2008, 09:45 AM
There's a pile of them at the checkout at my local Best Buy.