PDA

View Full Version : US Wii LAN Adapter in retail packaging?

GM80
07-01-2008, 09:59 PM
The official Nintendo-branded Wii LAN Adapter, if ordered from Nintendo's online store, comes in a plastic "parts department baggie."

I've seen European retail boxes (attached), and I assume there are Japanese retail units as well, but have yet to see one in the US. Anyone sell them now? Were there any at launch?

zektor
07-02-2008, 10:12 AM
The official Nintendo-branded Wii LAN Adapter, if ordered from Nintendo's online store, comes in a plastic "parts department baggie."

I've seen European retail boxes (attached), and I assume there are Japanese retail units as well, but have yet to see one in the US. Anyone sell them now? Were there any at launch?

Discontinued afaik. I saw one very recently at a Walmart in the clearance area. This is where you should look!

Vectorman0
07-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Discontinued afaik. I saw one very recently at a Walmart in the clearance area. This is where you should look!

I think the one you saw was a third party one, and the official wireless ones never saw retail distribution in the US.

sisko
07-02-2008, 10:48 AM
I think the one you saw was a third party one, and the official wireless ones never saw retail distribution in the US.

I'm not sure I understand you fully, but:

The official DS USB wireless adaptor is the same for the Wii....which was discontinued.

The third party USB wired adaptor for the Wii was also discontinued (I believe).

That being said, I've been using the third party USB wired adaptor since it came out over a year ago and love it to pieces. It works infinitely better than the craptacular official wireless adaptor.

GM80
07-02-2008, 10:54 AM
There is an official, first-party WIRED adapter which can be purchased from Nintendo.com in the US. That's the one I'm asking about.

It DID have a retail release in Europe, and I'm curious if such a retail version even exists in the US. BestBuy.com lists one (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8193466&st=wii+lan&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1164157285316) as being made "by Nintendo," for example, but it is actually the Datel third-party unit and not the branded one you get from the online store.

zektor
07-03-2008, 12:13 AM

No no...this was an official retail boxed Nintendo product. Almost makes me want to go and buy it tomorrow when I hit that location. It was clearanced to $30-something.

GM80
07-03-2008, 08:11 AM
No no...this was an official retail boxed Nintendo product. Almost makes me want to go and buy it tomorrow when I hit that location. It was clearanced to $30-something.

At least take a photo :)