PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger... DS!

Kitsune Sniper
07-01-2008, 11:24 PM
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ctds/

Please don't let them fuck this up... PLEASE DON'T LET THEM FUCK THIS UP...

TonyTheTiger
07-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Wow...

I don't know what to say...

I mean...wow...

So...I'm guessing something big will happen when the clock hits either 6:45 or 9:30? I never could tell which hand was which.

boatofcar
07-01-2008, 11:34 PM
As long as they don't make it 3d like the FFIII and IV remakes...

evil_genius
Sick.

Sudo
I'm at a loss for words. My favorite game... remade?

Kitsune Sniper
07-01-2008, 11:36 PM
As long as they don't make it 3d like the FFIII and IV remakes...

Hence the "PLEASE DON'T LET THEM FUCK THIS UP..." on my first post.

I'm at a loss for words. My favorite game... remade?

I hope it's a port, not a remake.

TonyTheTiger
07-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Well...recently Mega Man 9 moved to the top of my list of most anticipated. It might (just might) have been dethroned depending on what I see of this. Frankly, if it's an "enhanced port" it'll be the same great game. If it's a full blown remake then no matter how great it is (even if it's better than the original) I doubt any of us will admit to it being better. Though it probably won't stop us from liking it just the same. If it's a sequel/pseudo-sequel/etc. then that's cool too. All I ask is that with most of the original creators now at Mistwalker they at least keep the game's "heart" intact.

jcalder8
07-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I want to be excited about it, but they are just going to fuck it up.

TonyTheTiger
07-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Eh. I wouldn't be so quick. The problem is that it'd be wrong to walk into this with a cold heart to a new rendition. Otherwise, you're bound to hate it no matter what you see, good or bad. Personally, I thought I'd be more excited hearing news like this. But, I'm more...curious than anything. I will admit that Square-Enix hasn't been all that impressive lately.

Icarus Moonsight
07-01-2008, 11:49 PM

My sentiment exactly. A straight port or an "enhanced" port (same game plus extra content) would be MUCH more welcome than a 3D update w/ enough CGI cinema to make Lucas blush with embarrassment. Front Mission style please!

kainemaxwell
07-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Wow!!

Apollo
07-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Hence the "PLEASE DON'T LET THEM FUCK THIS UP..." on my first post.

I hope it's a port, not a remake.

Hate to break it to you, but it's an "enhanced port" from what the latest scans of Famitsu say. Picture, although text is in Japanese, can be found here:

http://www.destructoid.com/rumortoid-chrono-trigger-coming-to-nintendo-ds-this-winter--93321.phtml

Edit: Also, I really enjoyed the FF remakes that came out on the DS. Why didn't you like them?

Kitsune Sniper
07-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Hate to break it to you, but it's an "enhanced port" from what the latest scans of Famitsu say. Picture, although text is in Japanese, can be found here:

http://www.destructoid.com/rumortoid-chrono-trigger-coming-to-nintendo-ds-this-winter--93321.phtml

Edit: Also, I really enjoyed the FF remakes that came out on the DS. Why didn't you like them?

Hey, if it's got the original look with added content, then I'm all for it.

Why didn't I like the FF remakes? They turned them into 3D, for one, and a lot of people mentioned that they dicked around with the difficulty. Less monsters on screen at one time, but tougher than the original ones.

boatofcar
07-02-2008, 12:06 AM

Because 3D renderings on the DS look like garbage, that's why.

Aussie2B
07-02-2008, 12:16 AM
A port really isn't anything to get excited about as far as I'm concerned, and as much as I adore the game, I'm not seeking a remake. I think the original is already about as perfect as a game can get, so any changes would just degrade it. I already dislike the few additions made to the PlayStation port, and this would likely take it even further. Like I always say, you don't go painting a grin on the Mona Lisa. Chrono Trigger is a masterful piece of art as it is, so there's no need to fuss with it.

Alfador
07-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Please don't be in 3D, Please don't be in 3D....it can look like the Dragon Quest DS games, those are ok.

Alfador
07-02-2008, 12:23 AM
and yea I think I'd like an "enhanced port" (as long as it's not in 3D) AND a true sequel in the same graphical style, same battle style, same feel, etc. etc..

Poofta!
07-02-2008, 12:52 AM
sorry, i already played this game twice. i want something new and different. i want it in 3d or maybe TRUE sequel (same style but new story).

i dont see why everyone here is jerking each other off about this port being a straight up port. yes its a great game, but for f888 sake we already played it! (twice.). why not something different?>?

if youre so anxiouse to play the original, then hack your wii/psp and play it!! or hell, whip out your snes/ps1/ps2/ps3 and play it. do we REALLY need this to be ported to the ds now?

TonyTheTiger
07-02-2008, 01:01 AM
I think we have to be more sensible about this "OMG DON'T TOUCH IT!" mentality. Sure, we've seen it go wrong when people tinker with things we love (ex: Mega Man X7). But we've also seen it turn to gold (ex: Symphony of the Night). It does no good to sit here and say "I want a new Chrono Trigger and it must look exactly like a Super Nintendo game and have exactly the same engine." That's just stifling. In the end, nobody can take the SNES game away from us. So suffocating the game in 1995 isn't the way to preserve it.

There might be an open debate over whether or not the remakes of the Lunar games were improvements but at the very worst they were certainly competent and presented much beloved games with a new spin. Love them or hate them, though, their existence doesn't somehow ruin the Sega CD games.

Imagine what would have happened if everyone who loved the Tim Burton movies so much had won out. We wouldn't have gotten Batman Begins. It's easy to be afraid that something bad is going to happen. But if we shove something we love into a closet we could perhaps miss out on good things we never would have expected.

Hell, the last time we got just an "enhanced port" instead of a full blown remake we ended up with the SNES game with about 12 tacked on FMVs, a handful of throwaway extras, and about 3 hours worth of loading time.

Cloud121
07-02-2008, 01:09 AM

They fucked up my beloved Final Fantasy IV (Cecil looks like more of a woman than Rydia and Rosa, and Kain sounds like he's 40 years old), so don't worry, they'll fuck this up as well.

Oh and, since I feel like starting a debate....

Chrono Cross >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chrono Trigger.

TonyTheTiger
07-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Well, to be fair to FFIV DS, everyone Amano draws looks like a woman. You just couldn't tell on the SNES since everyone was so tiny.

Cloud121
07-02-2008, 02:19 AM
Everyone Amano draws looks like a woman? I don't ever recall a bunch of scribbles looking like women.

boatofcar
07-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Imagine what would have happened if everyone who loved the Tim Burton movies so much had won out. We wouldn't have gotten Batman Begins.

How the heck do you even draw a conclusion like that? And on top if it, it's a flawed analogy. Tim Burton didn't invent Batman or Batman movies.

Plain and simple, if it's in 3D, I'm not going to buy it. 3D RPGs look like crap on the DS. I couldn't care less about "preserving" anything. I'm not going to waste money on something that I'll enjoy more playing in its original iteration.

Overbite
07-02-2008, 04:47 AM
There's nothing wrong with 3D, stop being such 2D fanboys

kainemaxwell
07-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Everyone Amano draws looks like a woman? I don't ever recall a bunch of scribbles looking like women.

He's right actually. If you look at many of Amano's paintings for the early FF characters (1-6) he does draw them with a bit of feminism (ie: Locke).

carlcarlson
07-02-2008, 07:24 AM
2D or 3D, I'll buy it. I don't mind FF3's 3D look, but I still love me some 2D as well. Either way, it's Chrono Trigger, so I don't really care. I hope they do something to spruce it up though, otherwise I would just play my SNES copy again.

boatofcar
07-02-2008, 07:47 AM

Stop not reading my posts. There's nothing wrong with 3D, provided it's on a console that was meant for it.

Once again, 3D games look horrible on the DS. Please call me a 2D fanboy for saying that. Please.

Icarus Moonsight
07-02-2008, 08:04 AM

I would want this game as a portable SNES cart surrogate. So, yeah, 2D please. 3D is nice and all but, it doesn't have to be the standard presentation for all new releases. Keep 2D alive damn it! It worked well enough the first time.

Fanboy this :ass:

GnawRadar
07-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Well, like most people I will buy this game whether it is 3d or 2d and play it and beat it, then I will determine whether they shit on one of my favorite games of all time. I know they can never recreate the feel of the SNES version but just hearing "Chrono Trigger DS" makes me happy. Those who love the game will be able to replay it and make their judgments, but unfortunately this new DS version could bring about a new generation of Chrono Trigger fans. These fans would be fans of the new(3d) version, not the original and that is the part that makes me sad because the chances of them playing a 3d version and then taking the time and money to get a SNES and the cart or getting the PS1 version are slim to none. Sure they will be able to play an updated version of an amazing game which could also be good, but they will most likely not get to enjoy the beauty of the SNES version.

Dark_Sol
07-02-2008, 08:56 AM
I don't like remakes. It's like reanimating the dead.
---
Remember the dead, but fight for the living! (c)

heybtbm
07-02-2008, 09:09 AM
My predictions:

Of course this will be 3D (ala FF III and FFIV)...but it will still be great. If you want to play 2D Chrono Trigger so bad, just hook up your SNES or FF Chronicles disc.

Still...I never understood why Square-Enix didn't release Chrono Trigger for GBA. They were on a pretty good "SNES RPG" roll for awhile.

Sudo
07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
More official info from Square-Enix on Kotaku. (http://kotaku.com/5021416/square-enix-confirms-chrono-trigger-ds) Highlights include a holiday release in NA, an exclusive dungeon for the DS version, and wireless play mode. No mention of whether or not it's going to be 3D.

MarkMan
07-02-2008, 10:33 AM
It's going to be an 'enhanced' port like the GBA versions of FFIV-FFVI!

GnawRadar
07-02-2008, 11:10 AM

Yes, from what is released so far it doesn't seem to be 3d. *phew* :-P

TonyTheTiger
07-02-2008, 11:29 AM
How the heck do you even draw a conclusion like that? And on top if it, it's a flawed analogy. Tim Burton didn't invent Batman or Batman movies.

No, but it was the first "real" Batman movie unless you count the one based on Adam West's show. And there were tons of people around saying things like "No way Nolan could do it better" and the like. If they had things their way Tim Burton would have been at the helm and we probably would have gotten a worse movie because of it. I don't particularly agree but a good lot of people find that Superman Returns is a worse movie than it could have been specifically because it was too faithful to the Richard Donner films.

Besides, I wasn't saying that doing it 2D would be bad. I was mostly responding to this:

and yea I think I'd like a [...] true sequel in the same graphical style, same battle style, same feel, etc. etc..

I was saying that basically cut and pasting the SNES game (especially if you're talking about actual sequels) would be stifling. There's a difference there. Hell, stifling attitudes are what damn near killed 2D fighting games. It's only now that we're starting to see genuinely high res sprites.

Plain and simple, if it's in 3D, I'm not going to buy it. 3D RPGs look like crap on the DS. I couldn't care less about "preserving" anything. I'm not going to waste money on something that I'll enjoy more playing in its original iteration.

Are you sure it's 3D on the DS in general or 3D as Square-Enix has done? Though not an RPG, New Super Mario Bros. looked pretty nice. Oddly enough, maybe they need to be less ambitious to make 3D look good on there. I actually agree that there was something "off" about FFIII and looks to be the same in FFIV. Like the models are jittery or something.

What I'm more interested in is whether or not they'll use Ted Woolsey's script with a few minor changes (ala FFVI GBA) or if they'll localize it from the ground up.

MrSparkle
07-02-2008, 11:29 AM
sorry, i already played this game twice. i want something new and different. i want it in 3d or maybe TRUE sequel (same style but new story).

I've beaten this game enough times to have seen every ending AT LEAST once. I own the original on snes and i'd definitely excited for this regardless of what it is they change. the original isn't going to change just because they make a new version (plus it'll drum up interest in chrono trigger and make my snes copy temporarily more valuable (not that i would ever part with it)).

I hope its a great remake, or port, or enhanced port, or whatever they decide to do with it.

BUT IF THEY GIVE CHRONO A SINGLE LINE I WILL CRUSH THEM!

also no voice overs (thank god cartridge based media makes that unlikely anyway)

if they wanted to go just a bit further into magus's or frog's back story that might rock though.

*edit* wireless battles??? weird guess I'll just have to wait and see.

TonyTheTiger
07-02-2008, 11:39 AM
I've beaten this game enough times to have seen every ending AT LEAST once.

BUT IF THEY GIVE CHRONO A SINGLE LINE I WILL CRUSH THEM!

Me thinks your first statement is not true.:wink 2:

SkiDragon
07-02-2008, 07:07 PM
I would much rather see a sequel. As much as I like Chrono Trigger, I would rather spend my time playing a game I have never played before, of which there are plenty.

Kitsune Sniper
07-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Me thinks your first statement is not true.:wink 2:

The game came out in 1995. That's thirteen years.

Something tells me he's not lying. :P

Jimid2
07-02-2008, 08:39 PM
2D or 3D, I'll buy it. I don't mind FF3's 3D look, but I still love me some 2D as well. Either way, it's Chrono Trigger, so I don't really care. {snip}
Ditto... FF3's look on the DS was fine by me - and it was great to be able to play the game without paging through the reams of a mimeographed fan translation trying to match blurry blue hand-drawn kanji to the on-screen Japanese text! I'm actually looking forward to playing FFIV on the DS, as well... ;)

Lostdwarf
07-02-2008, 11:08 PM
will this increase or decrease the original value hmmmmm?

mike

thegardentool
07-02-2008, 11:29 PM
It's been a long time since I've played Chrono Trigger. Every now and then I've seen it in second-hand stores and thought about buying it. I haven't usually because of price, loose and label condition.

I did find Chrono Cross for $4 at a pawn shop quite a while ago, maybe six months. I haven't played it yet but from what I hear it's a good game as well.

I'm just not that excited about any portable releases. I owned a Gameboy and stopped playing it when I got a Super Gameboy. I owned a PSP for about three months a couple years ago. I still see there hasn't been a good game for it out since. :)

I guess I just like playing video games how I learned them, on a big screen with a controller or keyboard/mouse.

rkotm
07-02-2008, 11:41 PM
IF they dont fuck this up, then the DS=best Nintendo product since SNES. It could be 2D but "redrawn" with a more updated look and remixed music. Id be fine with 3D as long as its not a straight port. that'd be boring as hell unless they made use of the DS's touch screen in a unique way (performing a triple tech).

TonyTheTiger
07-03-2008, 12:17 AM
will this increase or decrease the original value hmmmmm?

mike

I doubt it'll change. It might be a crappy port but the FF Chronicles version didn't do much to the price of the original.

Icarus Moonsight
07-03-2008, 12:58 AM

*fist pump* YES! :D

G-Boobie
07-03-2008, 04:37 AM
Goddammit Square Enix... What the Hell is wrong with you?

Don't get me wrong: Chrono Trigger is excellent. But I've played through it many, many times already. How about, I don't know... a NEW game? I mean, you've got the time; it's not like you're the one who'll actually be coding the fucking Chrono port; you'll farm it out to Tose, and they'll hand you a buggy, shady piece of crap a la FF IV GBA, and you'll have the balls to charge me five fucking dollars more than even Nintendo asks for their games for the privilege of playing it again. Great. I can't wait.

Well, fuck you. You haven't released a new game worth a shit since FF XII, which by the way you tried to kill internally like eight times in case you think I forgot. Even that's divisive; a lot of people don't like FF XII. And don't you dare get me started on Dawn of Mana. You bitch.

OK, OK... The World Ends With You was pretty great, but you didn't actually tell anyone about it, did you? You didn't exactly ship more than twenty copies of the game at first, did you? Too busy remaking Dragon Quest games, are we? How many 'enhanced ports' have we had to endure over the last few years? Front Mission DS, Dragon Quest IV, FF and FF II like fifty times each, the GBA FF games, Sword of Mana, Final Fantasy IV on DS... And you have even MORE on the way. Every Dragon Quest up through seven, apparently, now Chrono Trigger, and eventually Final Fantasy VII..

Bah. Why do I even bother with you? You're not the company you used to be. You're worse than EA these days.

Call me when you actually finish a new game. Until then, don't call me, I'll call you.

/ end rant

...Seriously though, what the Hell is wrong with Square these days? They make latter-day Sega seem like a logical and on the ball company.

Cryomancer
07-03-2008, 05:13 AM
Because it makes money, of course.

Personally I just wish the remake fests would be consistant. Like do ALL the Dragon Quests together in the same engine and graphics or something. Imagine DQ 1-9 with DQ 8 graphics, or even a step above that, all together on one disc. Throw on some emulators and roms of the originals too, everything all together. I'd buy the hell out of that.

Oh well at least I have Blue Dragon to remind me why I liked RPGs and how (at least semi-)original storylines are still possible.

Wraith Storm
07-03-2008, 05:24 AM
At least now I might have a chance to "get into" Chrono Trigger.

At the time of release on the SNES I was still to much into Final Fantasy 6. A friend let me borrow CT and played a ways into it, but I kept tossing it aside in favor of FF 6. I just found FF 6 to be a MUCH better game.

boatofcar
07-03-2008, 08:41 AM

...Seriously though, what the Hell is wrong with Square these days? They make latter-day Sega seem like a logical and on the ball company.

They wouldn't make them if people stopped buying them. Why is it so hard to understand that?

evil_genius
07-03-2008, 10:37 AM
good rant g-boobie

badinsults
07-03-2008, 12:56 PM

Don't get me wrong: Chrono Trigger is excellent. But I've played through it many, many times already. How about, I don't know... a NEW game? I mean, you've got the time; it's not like you're the one who'll actually be coding the fucking Chrono port; you'll farm it out to Tose, and they'll hand you a buggy, shady piece of crap a la FF IV GBA, and you'll have the balls to charge me five fucking dollars more than even Nintendo asks for their games for the privilege of playing it again. Great. I can't wait.

Well, fuck you. You haven't released a new game worth a shit since FF XII, which by the way you tried to kill internally like eight times in case you think I forgot. Even that's divisive; a lot of people don't like FF XII. And don't you dare get me started on Dawn of Mana. You bitch.

OK, OK... The World Ends With You was pretty great, but you didn't actually tell anyone about it, did you? You didn't exactly ship more than twenty copies of the game at first, did you? Too busy remaking Dragon Quest games, are we? How many 'enhanced ports' have we had to endure over the last few years? Front Mission DS, Dragon Quest IV, FF and FF II like fifty times each, the GBA FF games, Sword of Mana, Final Fantasy IV on DS... And you have even MORE on the way. Every Dragon Quest up through seven, apparently, now Chrono Trigger, and eventually Final Fantasy VII..

Bah. Why do I even bother with you? You're not the company you used to be. You're worse than EA these days.

Call me when you actually finish a new game. Until then, don't call me, I'll call you.

/ end rant

Have you tried The World Ends With You?

G-Boobie
07-03-2008, 01:17 PM
They wouldn't make them if people stopped buying them. Why is it so hard to understand that?

I understand it just fine. It just pisses me off. Creative bankruptcy and hard cold arrogance. It isn't just the remakes that bothers me, or at least I don't think of the remakes as a classical 'cause'. I think of them as a 'symptom' of Square going down the toilet. They remake their old games to strip mine their fanbase, because Final Fantasy XIII is hitting Water World proportions, and because they are otherwise creatively bankrupt. People will buy them: I know that. I myself bought the three Final Fantasy GBA games, so I'm not exempt. But if you're going to release a game I've played fifteen times already and expect me to buy it, at the very least don't charge me five dollars more than anyone else on the market. I guess that's what pisses me off most.

G-Boobie
07-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Have you tried The World Ends With You?

Yeah, if you look in my rant there, you'll see I gave them that one. It's a pretty good game for sure.

Aussie2B
07-03-2008, 04:40 PM
For what it's worth, I think games like Front Mission, Final Fantasy III, and Dragon Quest V & VI are worthwhile because they give Americans an opportunity to play an official localized version of a game they've never received before, and I'm always willing to throw my money behind that, even more so than brand new releases. If I was Japanese, then, yeah, they'd be the same as any of the other remakes, so I wouldn't care as much.

But considering all of the world has received Chrono Trigger and the PlayStation port gave gamers an affordable option, I'd much rather see an new sequel, and they can be innovative with it as much as like they like (but hopefully it would turn out better than Chrono Cross), Just don't ruin a game that's already practically perfect. Yes, anybody can go back and pop Chrono Trigger in their SNES, that goes without saying, but it still offends my sensibilities to see it toyed with. Just because technology has grown more powerful doesn't mean that anything they'll do to it will be an improvement. You can't improve what isn't lacking in the first place.

joedick
07-03-2008, 04:52 PM
at the very least don't charge me five dollars more than anyone else on the market. I guess that's what pisses me off most.

Well, I don't think they're randomly charging more because they can. Their games have to be put on larger cards, which costs them more, which is passed on to us.

Of course, the reason they take up more space is usually because of some CG intro they pasted in, so you can argue whether it's money well spent...

TonyTheTiger
07-03-2008, 05:12 PM
I'd much rather see an new sequel, and they can be innovative with it as much as like they like (but hopefully it would turn out better than Chrono Cross)

I felt like Chrono Cross was genuinely good. It just had a couple of issues with it's structure that annoyed me.

1) The script was absurdly obtuse. I don't need to be inundated with pages worth of pseudo-philosophical existential nonsense when a simple "there are multiple timelines" would suffice.

2) I didn't like how most of the cast members proved relevant for a tiny plot point and then were reduced to just hanging out in battle and regurgitating the same generic dialogue in different funny accents.

Just don't ruin a game that's already practically perfect. Yes, anybody can go back and pop Chrono Trigger in their SNES, that goes without saying, but it still offends my sensibilities to see it toyed with. Just because technology has grown more powerful doesn't mean that anything they'll do to it will be an improvement. You can't improve what isn't lacking in the first place.

The thing is, look at something like the now defunct Chrono Resurrection. I don't think anyone was suggesting that the end result would have been superior to the original. But the general consensus was that it is nice to see something we love with a new twist. Play it or ignore it, it's something different. I followed Chrono Resurrection and there were very few "You're screwing with a good thing" posts. Most of it was "Wow, it looks good." Or "I'm looking forward to seeing CT with a new coat of paint." I feel the same way about RPGOne's retranslation of the game. I don't think Ted Woolsey did a bad job. In fact, I love his script. But that doesn't mean I have to be offended by someone taking something and retooling it and seeing how it comes out.

Besides, there are differences between changes that make sense and changes that don't and it's usually easy to spot the difference. Redrawn high res sprites? Makes sense. Replace all guns with walkie talkies? Does not make sense.

If anything, think of it like a romhack.

Aussie2B
07-04-2008, 01:22 AM
I followed Chrono Resurrection and there were very few "You're screwing with a good thing" posts. Most of it was "Wow, it looks good." Or "I'm looking forward to seeing CT with a new coat of paint."

The problem is that if you really read into it, those people ARE thinking the new product will be superior because they're making disparaging comments about the original without even realizing it. I mean, if they're saying that they're looking forward to seeing the game with a "new coat of paint," well, what is that implying? If you're giving a house a new coat of paint, it's because the old paint is outdated and/or worn out, and you'd think it would look superior with a new coat. Even a word like "wow" has a lot of meaning because that exclamation demonstrates surprise and pleasure because how the game appeared blew them away compared to their view of the original.

Not that people aren't allowed to think an update of any game is superior, but I'll stick with my stance that Chrono Trigger is essentially perfect until the end of time. :) And as a result, I can't condone the idea that it needs any form of updating or "upgrading".

TonyTheTiger
07-04-2008, 02:41 AM
The problem is that if you really read into it, those people ARE thinking the new product will be superior because they're making disparaging comments about the original without even realizing it. I mean, if they're saying that they're looking forward to seeing the game with a "new coat of paint," well, what is that implying? If you're giving a house a new coat of paint, it's because the old paint is outdated and/or worn out, and you'd think it would look superior with a new coat. Even a word like "wow" has a lot of meaning because that exclamation demonstrates surprise and pleasure because how the game appeared blew them away compared to their view of the original.

That is totally not true. It's entirely possible to like to see something from a different angle without that suggesting you somehow feel the original is inferior. Hell, DC comics' line of Elseworlds is based around that concept entirely. Sometimes it's cool to see what Superman would be like if he grew up in Cold War Soviet Russia. That does not mean that the people who liked to see that somehow think that there's something wrong with the traditional Superman.

Not that people aren't allowed to think an update of any game is superior, but I'll stick with my stance that Chrono Trigger is essentially perfect until the end of time. :) And as a result, I can't condone the idea that it needs any form of updating or "upgrading".

You're conflating two completely different ideas. Just because a game is being modified or updated or upgraded or whatever term you pick, that does not mean it needs to be and that somehow having interest in that new version means you are dissatisfied with the old version.

Mega Man X is often lauded as one of the greatest games on the Super Nintendo. That doesn't mean that Maverick Hunter X on the PSP is somehow Capcom saying "Hey, we're doing it right this time!" And it certainly does not mean people who played and liked Maverick Hunter X are saying "Wow! This is how it should have been from the start!" You're looking for something sinister that just isn't there.

Besides, since when do things that suck and are totally unloved get remakes? Call me when they remake Rise of the Robots with high definition visuals. If anything, the fact that a game gets remade and that remake manages to garner some interest is a testament to the original. Even if the remake sucks, it still means that people loved the original enough to try to do something with it.

G-Boobie
07-04-2008, 03:12 AM
Well, I don't think they're randomly charging more because they can. Their games have to be put on larger cards, which costs them more, which is passed on to us.

Of course, the reason they take up more space is usually because of some CG intro they pasted in, so you can argue whether it's money well spent...

Yeah, I'd thought of that, and it's a good point, but Front Mission DS was 40 bucks new and it's a straight port of an early SNES game. Ninja Gaiden DS is a huge cart: so are Lunar Knights, Dementium, Age of Empires, and Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. They retailed for thirty five or less.

It's not every cart of theirs, to be fair. Rocket Slime was thirty five, but it was also a Tose job(though an awesome Tose job).

I just resent paying forty bucks for what is essentially a ROM hack, that's all.

As we all do, I bitch because I care. There was a time when Square really stood for quality and innovation in my mind. I love Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger. Final Fantasy IV, V and VI were great, and if I didn't really care for the Playstation iterations of the Final Fantasy games, I DID care for Einhander, Vagrant Story, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve, Bushido Blade... the list goes on. If you compare that to the output of today's Square Enix... I mean, it's been ten years: where the hell is Einhander 2? You can port Final Fantasy 1 ten times, but you can't make a good Mana game? You can farm out every goddamn game that isn't Final Fantasy out to Tri-Ace(who are great, don't get me wrong!), Factor 5 and Tose, but you can't put out ONE SINGLE GAME on a current gen system within three years of their launch?

Think about that. The 360 has been out for three years. The PS3, two. There hasn't been a single Square Enix developed game for either of them. No Final Fantasy. No Mana. No Ivalice Alliance. And of course, no fucking Einhander 2 :(. Parasite Eve 3 is a cell phone exclusive. There is no God.

It worries me that, as a company, they're stagnating. They're pumping out rehashes of old games at a ridiculous pace, while their 'new' games are no where in sight. Tri-Ace is releasing a few new games this year, come the holidays, but that's it. Final Fantasy XIII isn't anywhere near done. Front Mission 6? Haven't even heard a whisper. Mana? Dead dead dead. Einhander 2? Who knows?

Am I the only one who thinks Square Enix is pretty nuts?

No, sir. No, no I am not. (http://kotaku.com/393195/square-enix-lose-money-need-more-greenbacks)

Volcanon
07-04-2008, 03:19 AM
If it was on a console I owned (PS2, Computer), I might pick it up if it didn't suck a few months after it was released after I had a chance to see if it was good or not.

After getting burned on fetid crap like Master of Orion 3 I never buy anything new anymore.

In other news, there's certainly more design space and area for development of characters etc, it just remains to be seen if they will.

I agree, I would rather see new material. I've played all of these old games already and while it's nice to have dragon quest 4 on a better console and without the forced idiot AI like it had on NES (hey let's cast instant death on the last boss EVERY TURN!), do they really need to remake FF1-6 so much? Once per decade is enough.

Poofta!
07-04-2008, 11:17 AM

/ end rant

g-boobie, quoting this for truth. i agree wholeheartedly.

with the minor exception of them releasing/translating previously unreleased in the US rpgs (although i cant say they were that good...)

i loved FFXII, can you please tell me when/how they tried to kill it internally over and over? i would love to read about it. link please?

trader342
07-04-2008, 12:15 PM
I think they will bring out Chrono Cross as well, why would they just port one?

RegSNES
07-04-2008, 01:19 PM
I should be thinking "MORE milk money?" but I'm not. Just like Final Fantasy IV on the DS, I'll be picking this up because its Chrono freaking Trigger. Chrono. Freaking. Trigger. The last few weeks have been excellent for game news. Diablo III, Mega Man 9 and now Chrono Trigger on the DS. I love this hobby.

Fuyukaze
07-04-2008, 02:43 PM
All I can say is I look forward to the anouncment of a release date. I just hope it's for 30$ instead of 35 or 40.

RegSNES
07-04-2008, 02:47 PM
All I can say is I look forward to the anouncment of a release date. I just hope it's for 30$ instead of 35 or 40.

Knowing Square-Enix, I'm sure they'll slap a $35-$40 price tag on that baby.

kainemaxwell
07-04-2008, 04:49 PM
2) I didn't like how most of the cast members proved relevant for a tiny plot point and then were reduced to just hanging out in battle and regurgitating the same generic dialogue in different funny accents.
That's pretty much why I didn't like CC much- felt too Pokemon-ish.

G-Boobie
07-05-2008, 04:40 AM
Knowing Square-Enix, I'm sure they'll slap a $35-$40 price tag on that baby.

Forty bucks. I'll bet money on it. Any takers?

badinsults
07-05-2008, 06:06 AM
The thing is, they keep doing rehashes of old games because they are the only things that sell. The remake of FF3 on the DS sold over a million copies the first week in Japan, I believe, and also sold extremely well in the US. By comparison, The World Ends With You, which is a very unique and cool game, sold poorly. Perhaps this has to do with poor marketing, but you don't hear much about it on the message boards either. The thread on this forum for The World Ends With You, for instance, is less than a page, yet the Chrono Trigger DS one is already approaching three. Let's face it, more people are interested in a port of a 13 year old game than an innovative new game, even if the remake costs $10 more.

Nick Goracke
07-05-2008, 06:20 AM
It worries me that, as a company, they're stagnating. They're pumping out rehashes of old games at a ridiculous pace, while their 'new' games are no where in sight.[/URL]

The genre has already collapsed; after Final Fantasy 13, I wouldn't be surpised to see the company give up on console RPGs.

carlcarlson
07-05-2008, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't be surpised to see the company give up on console RPGs.

Um, I would.

Sudo
07-05-2008, 11:16 AM
The thing is, they keep doing rehashes of old games because they are the only things that sell. The remake of FF3 on the DS sold over a million copies the first week in Japan, I believe, and also sold extremely well in the US. By comparison, The World Ends With You, which is a very unique and cool game, sold poorly. Perhaps this has to do with poor marketing, but you don't hear much about it on the message boards either. The thread on this forum for The World Ends With You, for instance, is less than a page, yet the Chrono Trigger DS one is already approaching three. Let's face it, more people are interested in a port of a 13 year old game than an innovative new game, even if the remake costs $10 more.

TWEWY actually sold relatively well. It sold out its initial shipment, and is still hard to find for many people in retail stores. Obviously not as successful as a FF game, but still not horrible.

Lothars
07-05-2008, 12:25 PM
The genre has already collapsed; after Final Fantasy 13, I wouldn't be surpised to see the company give up on console RPGs.

I think your insane that you think that, the genre is still alive

It's not getting as many games but it's still getting a decent amount so it definitely hasn't collapsed

Icarus Moonsight
07-05-2008, 03:39 PM
They seem to have so many properties that they just sit on. It's the fans fault though. If the game wasn't Final Fantasy it didn't sell as well. They pigeon-holed themselves into FF and teen angst story tunnel vision chasing after der monies.

They want to impress both sides of their fanbase? The folks who want a new fresh game and the folks who want a decade + old repeat?

How about Actraiser or better yet, Rad Racer guys? Oh yeah, nm. There's risk involved! They're a bunch of pussies and they'll be near bankrupt (again) soon after 13 is done. :/

Poofta!
07-05-2008, 03:47 PM

i was in japan right before the World ends w/ you release, and trust me, marketing for that game was HUUUGE. akihabara had a half-skyscraper tall poster advertising the game and you couldnt walk into any eletronics store without seeing huge standees for it. also all subways and train cars had ads for it.

TonyTheTiger
07-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Video game consumers are often times a most fickle bunch. And I myself am guilty of this. Craving something new yet spending money on the tried and true. Only to eventually get bored of the same old run of the mill routine and then complain about how there is nothing new.

Honestly, I think it does have a lot to do with money. We've been conditioned through our wallets to be very conservative consumers and only buy what we know we want. Sure, most of us here probably buy a lot of games on the cheap via the second hand market but, even then, most games don't drop in price under $10 or so. And that usually takes a few years. And RPGs specifically tend to be on the high end of budget priced games. So aside from reading reviews and hearing word of mouth, it's not always easy (or smart) to plunk down a decent wad of cash on a game that might turn out to be not your cup of tea or just plain crap. And publishers don't even get a good grasp of what the second hand sales consist of. It's really only the sales of new copies that are counted. And at $40+ a pop, it's extremely hard to impulse buy in this hobby.

So the take away is that it's a hell of a lot safer to buy the next Final Fantasy since we at least know what to expect as opposed to the new fresh experimental game that we might end up getting burned on. Even quirky games that are now highly regarded (Katamari Damacy) often need a first pass and enough word of mouth before they really take off. In a way, the fresher an idea, the higher the bar is set. The next Final Fantasy can be so-so and still do pretty well thanks to the legacy. But a brand new game has to be amazingly good in order to not fall into financial mediocrity.

badinsults
07-05-2008, 05:51 PM
i was in japan right before the World ends w/ you release, and trust me, marketing for that game was HUUUGE. akihabara had a half-skyscraper tall poster advertising the game and you couldnt walk into any eletronics store without seeing huge standees for it. also all subways and train cars had ads for it.

And yet there was none of this in North America.

Daria
07-05-2008, 09:08 PM
So you all just recently figured out that Square releases mediocre bullshit?

Also I'm with Aussie, while ports and remakes are nothing more then money milking cash-cows, ports and remakes of games that have otherwise never been released in English can only be a good thing. (:

carlcarlson
07-05-2008, 10:56 PM
So you all just recently figured out that Square releases mediocre bullshit?

I have yet to figure this out. While neither of my two favorite franchises are done by Square, I still enjoy quite a few of their games. Chrono Trigger is definitely in my top 10, FF 7, 9, and 12 rank high on my rpg list, and they've got a ton of other smaller franchises that all also warrant a play through. Heck, the last game I bought was The World Ends with You, and before that I got FF12: Revenant Wings. I think big companies just draw a lot of fire, whether they deserve it or not. I for one am thrilled about the CT remake, and would gladly buy a remake of FF7 and 9 as well. I understand the concerns people have about Square just cashing in, but I don't see anything wrong with updating a classic.

Blitzwing256
07-05-2008, 11:39 PM
keep in mind that square caters to a smaller crowd then say ea games. they don't quite have the income that the god of madden has, so if they have something like a remake thats going to guarantee them a return, that gives them the opurtunity to make some money to release some of the more niche crap that they release, just remeber alot of the smaller stuff like einhander parasite eve or the saga series aren't going to make them as much money. (also keep in mind alot of the niche stuff tanks at release...yea i'm looking at you romancing saga/unlimted saga) as awesome as final fantasy is, making money is the number one deciding factor on what does get released,

I didn't really love chrono trigger (good game, but way overrated) but I will pick up a legit copy and support it in hopes of it helping to fund something that isn't mainstream/been there done that.

G-Boobie
07-06-2008, 01:29 AM
keep in mind that square caters to a smaller crowd then say ea games. they don't quite have the income that the god of madden has, so if they have something like a remake thats going to guarantee them a return, that gives them the opurtunity to make some money to release some of the more niche crap that they release, just remeber alot of the smaller stuff like einhander parasite eve or the saga series aren't going to make them as much money. (also keep in mind alot of the niche stuff tanks at release...yea i'm looking at you romancing saga/unlimted saga) as awesome as final fantasy is, making money is the number one deciding factor on what does get released,

I didn't really love chrono trigger (good game, but way overrated) but I will pick up a legit copy and support it in hopes of it helping to fund something that isn't mainstream/been there done that.

Here are a few articles that completely undermine your position that Square is some kind of 'underdog indie game designer.', without, and I quote you, sir, "the income that the god of madden has".

Reality, here we come.

Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#PlayStation) we have the best selling Playstation games of all time. Note that there are two Square games in the top ten, four in the top twenty, and seven in the top fifty, for a combined number of units sold at 29.69 million worldwide. So much for 'niche'.

Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#PlayStation) we have the best selling PS2 games of all time. Square Enix has FOUR of the TOP TEN spots, for a combined total of 20.92 million sold. That's just the top ten. So much, again, for 'niche'.

Here (http://www.gunslot.com/blog/top-twenty-five-25-best-selling-video-games-all-time) are the 25 best selling games of all time. Final Fantasy VII is on there, number 19 at 9.8 million.

Crisis Core has sold 1.25 million copies. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#PlayStation_Portable)

Square Enix is a fucking HUGE company. They also own Taito. They publish Tri-Ace. What the Hell are you thinking?

Yes. Making money is totally the point of all these remakes. But, as I previously pointed out, that hasn't exactly been a winning strategy. (http://kotaku.com/393195/square-enix-lose-money-need-more-greenbacks)

Blitzwing256
07-06-2008, 06:09 AM
they're huge sure, but not ea games huge, a stinker hurts them far more then a stinker will hurt ea or thq.
a good note is ff12 tanked royally in the us (compared to previous ff releases) ,its a good example of them trying something new and it failing miserably and costing them some scratch.

anywho, my point simply was chrono trigger is a great way for them to make some extra money to support better projects yadda yadda so I don't mind supporting it (and hey maybe the extra content will be worth playing, I really dug the extra stuff in the ff2 and ff4 remakes). I for one would love to see parasite eve 3 and einhander 2 style games coming out more often, but unfortuatnly making games is much more expensive then it was back in the ps1 days.

Cryomancer
07-06-2008, 12:50 PM
The closest thing to "cool indie developer makes shitty cash in games to fund "real" project" is probably Grasshopper Manufacture.

Drag0nsfyre
07-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Looks pretty cool on the trailer. :) NOT 3d either! :D :cool:

TonyTheTiger
07-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, it looks like Chrono Trigger on the trailer albeit appearing to have some kind of filter running ala Super Eagle or something. Nothing surprising but it's nice to get confirmation. I'm more interested now in what the "enhancements" will actually consist of. We know of a new dungeon but are we going to see some other newness or just a handful of the extras from the Playstation version?

Wraith Storm
07-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah... I'm glad to see it's a straight port with maybe a few extras added in.

Finally after all these years i'm gonna get the chance to set down and see what all the hype is about. I just hope they dont skrew it up like they did with the GBA FF6 port. I thought that FF 4 and 5 were solid ports but FF6 is sacred to me and Square messed it all up. There was slowdown galore, the music didn't sound right, and it was buggy as hell.

Here's hope they do a good job with the Chrono Trigger port.

TonyTheTiger
07-06-2008, 06:43 PM
So what are the odds we'll be getting Woolsey's work?

G-Boobie
07-06-2008, 08:38 PM
So what are the odds we'll be getting Woolsey's work?

We'll probably get something along the lines of FF VI Advance. Close to the original translation, but cleaned up a bit.

G-Boobie
07-06-2008, 08:48 PM
they're huge sure, but not ea games huge, a stinker hurts them far more then a stinker will hurt ea or thq.
a good note is ff12 tanked royally in the us (compared to previous ff releases) ,its a good example of them trying something new and it failing miserably and costing them some scratch.

anywho, my point simply was chrono trigger is a great way for them to make some extra money to support better projects yadda yadda so I don't mind supporting it (and hey maybe the extra content will be worth playing, I really dug the extra stuff in the ff2 and ff4 remakes). I for one would love to see parasite eve 3 and einhander 2 style games coming out more often, but unfortuatnly making games is much more expensive then it was back in the ps1 days.

...You aren't paying attention.

FF XII sold 5.2 million. 1.7 in America alone. That's sold through; not sold into retailers. How the hell is that a failure? It doesn't matter if it didn't sell well next to X or VII or whatever: It was profitable. It. Made. Money. That doesn't cost scratch: that creates scratch. Do your research, son. Seriously.

And lets talk about their 'better' projects, shall we? Dirge of Cerberus. Chocobo Mystery Dungeon II. Dawn of Mana. Romancing Saga. These are the projects that these re-releases are funding. Every once in a while we get a The World Ends With You, but they're farther and farther apart.

My point is that modern Square has no fucking idea what the Hell they're doing, so they continually remake and re-release their old games on new formats. That may have been great ten Final Fantasy 1 ports ago, but it's starting to wear thin, especially with Virtual Console, PSN, and XBLA available.

Slapping an eagle filter on a ROM and selling it to me for forty bucks when your fellow companies are charging ten bucks a download for the same content is pretty fucking ballsy for a company who's credibility is starting to be called into question. I'm just saying.

c0ldb33r
07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
FYI - there's a teaser trailer up.
http://kotaku.com/5022371/yes-this-is-the-chrono-trigger-ds-trailer

It's pure SNES. Frankly, I'm a little disappointed. I'll still buy and love it though.

Icarus Moonsight
07-06-2008, 09:23 PM
I didn't even think of that. Why isn't SE putting anything out on VC? Seems almost crazy since their fans already buy their games each time they are released and re-released and ported, then enhanced, later still upgraded... and so on and so on. You're right G-Boobie... they don't know WTF they are doing.

Almost seems like they have tacked all their past game release boxes on the wall and when they need to start planning a new game for release they throw the magic decider dart. Then they spin the sequel/port/upgrade/off-shoot wheel in the bonus round! YAY! Presto, the new game is ready to be worked on!

Leo_A
07-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I didn't even think of that. Why isn't SE putting anything out on VC? Seems almost crazy since their fans already buy their games each time they are released and re-released and ported, then enhanced, later still upgraded... and so on and so on. You're right G-Boobie... they don't know WTF they are doing.

So with a minimum of work, they can repackage it for $40 on a handheld instead of less than $10 on a digital download service.

Sudo
07-06-2008, 09:38 PM

Almost seems like they have tacked all their past game release boxes on the wall and when they need to start planning a new game for release they throw the magic decider dart. Then they spin the sequel/port/upgrade/off-shoot wheel in the bonus round! YAY! Presto, the new game is ready to be worked on!

They know exactly what they're doing. Why would they put Chrono Trigger on the VC for $8 when they can charge $40 and sell over a million copies?

boatofcar
07-06-2008, 09:40 PM

Sigh...they know exactly what they're doing. They're making money. Square makes more money releasing a physical product for $40 than they do releasing a DL product for $10. Once again, as long as people keep buying ports at full retail price, Square will keep releasing them. Why the heck wouldn't they?

Lothars
07-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah... I'm glad to see it's a straight port with maybe a few extras added in.

Finally after all these years i'm gonna get the chance to set down and see what all the hype is about. I just hope they dont skrew it up like they did with the GBA FF6 port. I thought that FF 4 and 5 were solid ports but FF6 is sacred to me and Square messed it all up. There was slowdown galore, the music didn't sound right, and it was buggy as hell.

Here's hope they do a good job with the Chrono Trigger port.

I must have not played the same port as you because I thought the FF6 gba was an great port

I am excited for this and frankly I am really glad it's on the DS instead of the VC

It would be cool if they still released it on the VC but I will not think twice about buying it for the DS

Icarus Moonsight
07-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Sigh...they know exactly what they're doing. They're making money. Square makes more money releasing a physical product for $40 than they do releasing a DL product for $10. Once again, as long as people keep buying ports at full retail price, Square will keep releasing them. Why the heck wouldn't they?

The VC route has little to no overhead when compared to a retail box release. They can release more titles for the same amount of investment and cast a wider net. Front Mission on the DS is having a hard time selling at $20... Though I'm sure Chrono won't have that issue. In these cases they can do both. May have to stager the releases, but that shouldn't be new ground for them.

The strategy makes sense for Nintendo, they are the master in this field. Yet, they have released some of their stuff (some highly desired stuff too) on VC rather than making another retail box release for those games. That's why I think they (SquareEnix) are not so much knowing what they are doing. Oh well.

G-Boobie
07-07-2008, 10:15 PM

How much money are they making, exactly? This is the second year Square lost money. How much overhead is there in marketing a retail product? box art, proprietary media format, manufacturing, printing, packaging, distribution...

It costs about twenty thousand dollars to release a game on VC. Fifteen thousand or so for ESRB rating and another five for VC licensing. You're reaching the same people. More, actually; at ten bucks, the likelihood of new people trying your game if the hype is right is much higher than a cart that costs five bucks more than the next most expensive cart.

Square has released a couple games on the japanese PSN. Einhander(!) and Xenogears(..Uh...), so maybe we'll see a shift in the other direction. Of course, knowing the Square people, they'll assume if Americans won't buy up DS ports, we won't buy digital downloads either. Oh well, indeed.

TonyTheTiger
07-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Square might be coming down with a case of George Lucas. Why would people want the original version with no changes at all when we can give them remakes and enhanced ports?

Lothars
07-08-2008, 05:42 AM
How much money are they making, exactly? This is the second year Square lost money. How much overhead is there in marketing a retail product? box art, proprietary media format, manufacturing, printing, packaging, distribution...

It costs about twenty thousand dollars to release a game on VC. Fifteen thousand or so for ESRB rating and another five for VC licensing. You're reaching the same people. More, actually; at ten bucks, the likelihood of new people trying your game if the hype is right is much higher than a cart that costs five bucks more than the next most expensive cart.

Square has released a couple games on the japanese PSN. Einhander(!) and Xenogears(..Uh...), so maybe we'll see a shift in the other direction. Of course, knowing the Square people, they'll assume if Americans won't buy up DS ports, we won't buy digital downloads either. Oh well, indeed.

Well when I think that your wrong in some ways but I think that a DS port of Chrono Trigger is fantastic, I hope they do release it on VC as well but for it to come out as a portable version makes it worthwhile.

Square probably will do both and for me especially with games like chrono trigger is about time.

Blitzwing256
07-08-2008, 06:40 PM
I can't get into the whole buying vc games with no enhancements at all for a game i've played before , (paying twice for the same thing exact is pretty stupid) but paying for an updated version of a game I love (looking at you ff4!) is a non brainer, i'm a sucker for new content and for those outstanding few games like ff4 sotn dragonwarrior 3 and ff tactics i'll buy them again and again as long as I get something new each time., I however won't buy the same thing again on a differnt medium if its identical (also looking at you psp ff1 and ff2) plus you know portability makes it even bettter, I remeber when ff4ds came out it was the day before I left for botcon and I had an absolute blast playing it on the plane ride to and from the convention.

hbkprm
07-09-2008, 03:33 PM
i was amazed by this shit
im gonna ask my best friend for this on xmas

kainemaxwell
07-11-2008, 01:01 AM
New scans:
http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1256&mode=&order=0&thold=0

TonyTheTiger
07-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Well they made one change. The fourth scan shows some kind of status bar or something beneath the characters. It seems like the battle GUI will be on the other screen. I guess those bars are HP/MP meters.

G-Boobie
07-11-2008, 02:34 AM
I can't get into the whole buying vc games with no enhancements at all for a game i've played before , (paying twice for the same thing exact is pretty stupid) [...]

One thing to remember is that if you have a HD TV, Virtual Console is pretty much the only way to get a lot of these games to look good. My SNES, NES, Genesis, and MS all look like shite on me bravia(No scan lines = crap image).

I know I could get the consoles modded, but I'd rather support the game makers. That's right: even Square :) Given an option, I'd rather play most of these games on a television anyway.

carlcarlson
07-11-2008, 07:19 AM
The screen marked "3" in the fourth scan looks like it has some realtime combat going on. Am I forgetting a scene from the original, or is this a possible multiplayer feature?

Sudo
07-11-2008, 11:14 AM
The screen marked "3" in the fourth scan looks like it has some realtime combat going on. Am I forgetting a scene from the original, or is this a possible multiplayer feature?

They've said there would be wireless play, as well as a new dungeon and touch screen features.

MrSparkle
07-11-2008, 11:42 AM
changes they should make:

1) lavos as a playable character!

2) frog able to transform back and forth from his human form

3) shoot em up levels while travelling through time in the epoch!

4) getting to take magus's castle as some kind of badass homebase if you decide to kill him.

5) lucca needs bigger boobs to offset her horrible glasses

6) chrono should be the most talkative mother fucker in the world

7) inclusion of other akira toriyama characters in the game (goku anyone!!)

8) CHARG'IN MAH LAZER!

9) metalica st anger as new sound track (the old music sucked!)

10) skip 3d altogether go right for 4d!! (hypercubes rock)

11) chrono should get to hit it with marle!

12) drivable dragon tank!

13) new boss: grandson of the son!

14) All of these are extremely sarcastic suggestions please don't make this game suck!

c0ldb33r
07-11-2008, 11:48 AM
changes they should make...
Well they should be options at least.