PDA

View Full Version : My Weight Loss Coach (DS)

c0ldb33r
07-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Lately I've been on a health kick - getting lots of exercise, eating right, etc... I've also been buying a few things here and there to help with exercise. I noticed that "My Weight Loss Coach" included a free pedometer that you stick into the GBA slot of a DS. I thought this was neat, so I picked it up.

It's more than a simple pedometer. The DS cartridge will keep track of your weight, exercise, distance traveled, etc... One thing that's really neat is that it gives you daily challenges. Some are immediate ones (at the next TV commercial, get up and jog in place for 5 minutes) and others are 24 hour ones (don't put salt on your food for 24 hours). The challenges are pretty simple but neat nonetheless.

I "played" it for the first time tonight. I stuck on the pedometer and ran a 5K. I was just about to update my distance on the DS when I thought I'd post this thread.

Has anyone else picked this up? What are your thoughts on it?

FlufflePuff
07-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I saw it in the store and laughed at the idea, but after reading your post I'll have to take a second look at it. I like the idea of the challenges and I certainly could stand to lose a pound or two.

Icarus Moonsight
07-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Seems like a no-brainer Wii Fit companion. Do Wii Fit at home and take the DS thingy with you when you go out. It's simple synergy. At $40 though, it sounds a bit too steep for me. I saw it at Target tonight and bought a $.25 pedometer from the $1-spot instead. LOL