PDA

View Full Version : knights of the old republic 2 question

parker619
07-07-2008, 05:57 AM
could i start playing KOTOR2 without playing or looking at KOTOR1 ?

blue lander
07-07-2008, 07:37 AM
You don't have to, KOTOR 2 explains the backstory of KOTOR 1 pretty well.

I'd still recommend playing KOTOR 1 first because depending on the choices you make, the game turns out differently. And in KOTOR 2, the game sort of asks you how KOTOR1 turned out through questions NPCs ask you.

TheDomesticInstitution
07-07-2008, 07:56 AM
I agree. The 1st part of KOTOR II may ruin parts of the first game for you. But if you don't care about spoiling some of the parts of the previous game, then dive right in.

ZackyH
07-07-2008, 09:42 AM
I'd recommend playing KOTOR 1 first because it doesn't crash as much as KOTOR 2. Anyway, make sure to save often because both games actually crashed on occasion.

KOTOR 2 could have been better than the first one if they could have fixed a bunch of the bugs and made a better ending. I thought the story and a lot of the dialog was more well written in the second one until it got to the end where they had to rush it out to meet deadlines.

MrSparkle
07-07-2008, 10:19 AM
KOTOR 1 rocks, as mentioned you can play 2 without playing 1 but you'll be missing out on a great game in the process.

Volcanon
07-07-2008, 07:27 PM
I'd recommend playing KOTOR 1 first because it doesn't crash as much as KOTOR 2. Anyway, make sure to save often because both games actually crashed on occasion.

KOTOR 2 could have been better than the first one if they could have fixed a bunch of the bugs and made a better ending. I thought the story and a lot of the dialog was more well written in the second one until it got to the end where they had to rush it out to meet deadlines.

KOTOR crashed constantly when I played it. Does that mean KOTOR 2 crashes EVEN MORE?

ZackyH
07-07-2008, 10:42 PM
KOTOR crashed constantly when I played it. Does that mean KOTOR 2 crashes EVEN MORE?

It seemed like it. Also, there were some weird cut scene bugs where it would repeat a cut scene or screw up during cut scenes. I experienced all sorts of weird things with the 2nd one that never happened in the 1st.

EX-Soldier
07-07-2008, 11:16 PM
if only there was a way to combine the 2 games, the fantastic storyline & engaging characters of the first with the added features, slightly revamped combat system and improved character development of the 2nd game we would have the greatest game ever made!!!

as it stands, kotor 1 is still the greatest game ever made, admittedly though, by a significantly lower margin =(

blue lander
07-08-2008, 09:11 AM
I didn't have many crashing problems with KOTOR 1, but KOTOR 2 crashes pretty regularly. Save often!