PDA

View Full Version : The Orange Box

SpyHunter
07-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Does it matter what order the games are played in?

Leo_A
07-07-2008, 01:39 PM
It doesn't matter with Portal and Team Fortress 2, but you should play Half-Life 2 before Episode 1 and Episode 2, which are continuations of what happened in Half-Life 2.

carlcarlson
07-07-2008, 01:47 PM
And you should play the original Half-Life before even touching Orange Box.

Cryomancer
07-07-2008, 01:57 PM
And you should play the original Half-Life before even touching Orange Box.

In that case he should also play Opposing Force and Blue Shift ? well I guess probably but hey.

carlcarlson
07-07-2008, 02:15 PM
In that case he should also play Opposing Force and Blue Shift ? well I guess probably but hey.

Not necessarily. I never played Blue Shift, and I didn't finish Opposing Force. I think both of those had you controlling a different character (ie, not Gordon Freeman), so they were just kind of the same story but from different angles. I could be wrong though.

PapaStu
07-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Play Half Life first. HL2 doesn't really delve backwards into the whole story all that much. You will be left not understanding quite a bit if you havn't played it.

That being said, I never finished the first HL, and though i've understood most of the encompasing story, there were still parts that I was a little lacking on that forced me to go read a wiki or two to understand what I did miss.

In regards to Orange Box playing...
HL2 - HL2 Ep.1 - HL2 Ep.2 Team Fortress 2 and Portal are totally different games that have nothing to do with the HL lore thats being explored in the HL games.

Playing those out of order will just leave you missing all kinds of chunks of story.

Jorpho
07-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Wait, Half Life: Source isn't included in The Orange Box?

carlcarlson
07-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Not the 360 version, no. Maybe it's in the PC version? When I originally got Half-Life 2 when it was released I got Source with it, but I don't think they're including it this time around.

Chuplayer
07-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Wait, Half Life: Source isn't included in The Orange Box?

It's certainly not on my 360 copy.

I say read a Half-Life 1 plot summary because the game did not age well at all. I played it last year, and it was booooooooooooooooring. Then you can jump directly into HL2 and the episodes. I actually played HL2 first, on the original XBOX, then I played HL1.

Well, I did play HL1 a number of years ago, but I never played it seriously and never got very far. I did think I got far, but it turns out I didn't, and there was still about 75% of the booooooooooooooooring game left.

roushimsx
07-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Half Life: Source is still a pretty fun title to play...bummer you have to get it separately on PC anymore (HL2 Silver was totally one of the best deals ever) and that 360 owners get the shaft. Playing HL1 on PS2 or DC doesn't even begin to compare (even if the clunky framerate could have been taken care of). Hell, avoid the DC version at all costs. That version is yucky...it's a good thing it got canceled.

Portal ties directly in with Episode 2, though I recommend playing it afterwards for full effect. Episode 1 smoothly picks up immediately after the first game ends and Episode 2 does the same at the end of Episode 1, though it'd be great if they merged everything together into one game like Ys I and II on PCECD (isn't Xak I and II the same way?). There's something like a 10 year gap between HL1 and HL2, though for Gordon they flow together. Makes sense once you've played both.

Opposing Force and Blue Shift simply flesh out alternate viewpoints of the Black Mesa incident and aren't really required playing. Both are decent enough and there's also Decay on the PS2 port, but Gordon's story is the only one that really matters right now. Well ok, I guess Barney's story in Blue Shift is nice to see, however short.

Let's hope Black Mesa Source a) comes out eventually and b) is every bit as good as it's promising to be.

Flashback2012
07-07-2008, 06:55 PM
The only game you need is Team Fortress 2. :rocker:

I really wish I could quit playing but it's too damn addicting.
:onfire::rockets::snipersmile::2gunfire:

Jorpho
07-07-2008, 10:07 PM
It's certainly not on my 360 copy.

Oh bother, and it's still $10 on Steam, too.

roushimsx
07-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Oh bother, and it's still $10 on Steam, too.

If you've never played Half Life before, it's worth it. Well, unless you really want to play Opposing Force and Blue Shift, in which case you may want to just spring for the HL Anthology instead. At least that would open the floodgates to a mountain of good HL1 single player episodes (Poke 646, Redemption, They Hunger, Todenangst, USS Darkstar, Heart of Evil, etc) and you'd get the unadvertised bonus of being able to gib corpses in the original game. Sadly, you can't do that in HL:Source, but the addition of nice water effects, improved map geometry, and havok-powered physics kind of outweigh that for me.

For a first time player though, HL Source is much easier on the eyes.

Leo_A
07-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Half-Life 2 pretty much sets out to tell the story of what is presently taking place in the Half-Life world after several years after the first part of the story.

It stands alone pretty well, you'd only miss out on a few things thrown in to humor the player with nostalgia and such when you meet characters you were around in the previous games and such, especially in the first 20 minutes or so. 99% of it is it's own story.

Half-Life 1 has aged great. The story and atmosphere remain top notch, and it even remains looking decent (Except in the outside portions where it looks pretty bad). I'm sure some Half-Life fanatics that are into it far greater than I am might disagree with me about suggesting HL2 is focused on telling its own story rather than answering questions raised by the first game, but that's my opinion.

But I think HL1, Blue Shift, Decay (I hear a group is porting this to the PC for those that don't own the PS2 release), Opposing Forces, and the three entries so far in the HL2 story are all well worth playing. Uplink and Lost Coast are well worth playing through too.

unwinddesign
07-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I thought Half Life Source was f'in terrible. I just hated the game. Put me off the whole franchise. I have to play HL2, though, at some point...although I'll be skeptical.

Chuplayer
07-08-2008, 05:44 PM
The only game you need is Team Fortress 2. :rocker:

I really wish I could quit playing but it's too damn addicting.
:onfire::rockets::snipersmile::2gunfire:

I quit playing because the scout is dead if there are any of those computer-controlled turrets nearby. I know the game is about teamwork, but damn! A total character class is useless against another! That's like the video game equivalent of rock paper scissors.

carlcarlson
07-08-2008, 06:24 PM
I quit playing because the scout is dead if there are any of those computer-controlled turrets nearby. I know the game is about teamwork, but damn! A total character class is useless against another! That's like the video game equivalent of rock paper scissors.

I've taken out turrets as a scout before, though it is tough. If a scout could do it easily it would be completely unbalanced because they are so much faster than everyone else. Valve did an excellent job with maintaining balance I think, because I have been completely owned by every single character, and vice versa.

Chuplayer
07-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I've taken out turrets as a scout before, though it is tough.

How in the hell did you manage that?

carlcarlson
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
How in the hell did you manage that?

Run and jump a lot. No, not actually.

The same way you do it as a soldier: stand just around a corner where you can see the gun but the gun can't see you. Empty your shotgun into it, and your pistol as well if need be. This won't work if there's an engineer minding it because they can repair it at about the same speed as you are damaging it, but if you can catch one alone you can take it down without any trouble. This works best if you're taking out the gun in the intelligence room because lots of times the engineer will leave, assuming that their gun is safe. I've scored many times this way, even against level 3 sentries.

Leo_A
07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm surprised you guys like TF2 so much, I think it pales in comparison to Team Fortress Classic, which is still the best multiplayer fps imo.

Chuplayer
07-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Run and jump a lot. No, not actually.

The same way you do it as a soldier: stand just around a corner where you can see the gun but the gun can't see you. Empty your shotgun into it, and your pistol as well if need be. This won't work if there's an engineer minding it because they can repair it at about the same speed as you are damaging it, but if you can catch one alone you can take it down without any trouble. This works best if you're taking out the gun in the intelligence room because lots of times the engineer will leave, assuming that their gun is safe. I've scored many times this way, even against level 3 sentries.

I've heard of that technique, but I could never pull it off.

TheDomesticInstitution
07-11-2008, 07:43 PM
In case there's anyone here who doesn't have the Orange Box on PS3, I saw yesterday that the MSRP is now $29.99 @ Wal-Mart (at my local Wal-Mart anyway). I would suspect that this may be old news... but just a heads-up for people as oblivious as me.

BHvrd
07-12-2008, 07:38 PM
In case there's anyone here who doesn't have the Orange Box on PS3, I saw yesterday that the MSRP is now $29.99 @ Wal-Mart (at my local Wal-Mart anyway). I would suspect that this may be old news... but just a heads-up for people as oblivious as me.

Yep, Wally-world has it marked the same here. Just couldn't pass it up at that price.

I gotta say that the game so far loads faster than the PC version "at least than on my pc and my pc is pretty good" which is a big surprise to me. The framerate is more solid "stationary", but some of the details in the characters is lacking as well as the over all polish of running it MAXED out on a pc. It's also of interest that this game is one of the few FPS games on PS3 that has great lighting AND anti-aliasing. Half-Life 2 engine was popular for the ability to use HDR and anti-aliasing on cards that didn't*cough*NVidia*cough*support them running at the same time, so it carries over to the PS3 version and it is nice and smooth (yay, no jaggies)!

I'll probably be trying out Team Fortress 2 tonight, not sure, really into the story atm and confused. Gotta admit I never played it much on the pc outside of Half-Life Source "hella fun" so the story actually has me intrigued atm....much better enjoyed on a comfy couch anyway. :)

carlcarlson
07-13-2008, 10:45 AM
I'll probably be trying out Team Fortress 2 tonight, not sure, really into the story atm and confused. Gotta admit I never played it much on the pc outside of Half-Life Source "hella fun" so the story actually has me intrigued atm....much better enjoyed on a comfy couch anyway. :)

If you're really into the story you might want to hold off on TF2. Once I got on there I never went back to the single player. You might be different, but I got addicted. TF2 is the only game I've played where the headset is actually a good thing.

TheDomesticInstitution
08-02-2008, 11:14 PM
I finally picked up the Orange Box a week or so ago for the PS3. I own HL2 on the XBOX, and really loved that game. So for the past two days I've been playing Episode 1, until I beat it tonight. Great game. It didn't seem near as long as HL2, but still an awesome addition. For $30 this was an awesome value. My favorite FPS since Goldeneye... provided I haven't played Bioshock yet. But when it's released on PS3, I'll pick it up to. I'm looking forward to Portal, after I finish the HL2 series.

Kitsune Sniper
08-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Why do people keep buying Orange Box on the PS3? That version is totally gimped and RARELY receives updates. I've got nothing against the system, but the PS3 devs are complete bastards and WILL NOT UPDATE THE DAMN THING. :(

TheDomesticInstitution
08-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Why do people keep buying Orange Box on the PS3? That version is totally gimped and RARELY receives updates. I've got nothing against the system, but the PS3 devs are complete bastards and WILL NOT UPDATE THE DAMN THING. :(

Because there are those of us who do NOT own a 360 (or a gaming PC). When you say "gimped" and "rarely receives updates," what do you mean? I've played portions of a few games on The Orange Box, and have no idea what I'm missing. When I played through Episode 1, it played and looked great. I know that people who own PC versions of the game can download updates and mods and what not. But how is the 360 version better than the PS3? I mean seriously- I don't know.

I owned HL2 on the XBOX and this version plays way better.

EDIT: Read the Wikipedia entry on the Orange Box, and it said that the PS3 version of game suffered from frame rate issues, until a patch in March of this year fixed it. Apparently there was also an issue with voice chat, which is not an issue for us who don't play games online (but this was mostly fixed in that patch too). Other than that, I read nothing else negative about it. I experienced no frame rate issues today, when I played the game and I also thought the graphics looked awesome. I'm watching all this on a 46" 1080p TV set. I also read that the PS3 version includes anti-aliasing, which the 360 doesn't have.

Jorpho
08-02-2008, 11:58 PM
I finally got around to finishing Portal just now. It's... nice, I guess. Not really worth going completely ga-ga over, the way some reviewers seem to, and I'm glad I didn't spend $20 on that game alone. (I would say it reminds me of Lemmings 3D, but every 3D puzzle game seems to remind me of Lemmings 3D.)

I've heard lovely things about the map pack that recreates the Flash version (http://portalmaps.wecreatestuff.com/). Maybe I'll look at that next.

Kitsune Sniper
08-03-2008, 01:03 AM
My main beef with people buying the PS3 version is Team Fortress 2. The PC and 360 versions are getting tons of new content and balance fixes, and the PS3 is being left out. The other four games in the set don't need that many fixes, since they're just... well, single player games. But TF2, being a multiplayer game, NEEDS these fixes and EA just isn't porting these patches and gameplay updates fast enough.

When I bought Orange Box, I bought it for the HL2 games and Portal. I had no interest in TF2. But I tried it, and loved it, and I can't imagine not having TF2. And all the updates are freakin' sweet to have. :\

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start a fight. You say you don't play games online, so... I guess this doesn't apply to you.

Jorpho
08-03-2008, 01:22 AM
So... Is there an actual manual for TF2 somewhere? Right-clicking the game in Steam and selecting "View player manual" just brings up this six-page document on the sentry gun. I mean, I thought there'd be something that would neatly explain what does what, or even a short single-player training mode, with bots and such.

It doesn't help much that the game is a laggy mess on my machine. Time to get that new sound card.

Kitsune Sniper
08-03-2008, 02:05 AM
So... Is there an actual manual for TF2 somewhere? Right-clicking the game in Steam and selecting "View player manual" just brings up this six-page document on the sentry gun. I mean, I thought there'd be something that would neatly explain what does what, or even a short single-player training mode, with bots and such.

It doesn't help much that the game is a laggy mess on my machine. Time to get that new sound card.

Congratulations, you've just found out why I hate Valve the most - they don't MAKE MANUALS. That Sentry pamphlet is the closet you'll get to one.

Trust me, you don't need a manual. Just hop onto a newbie server and start playing. You'll get the hang of it after watching other people play. It took me three days to learn how to play as most classes! Except for the Demoman, which I just can't seem to get. (My favorite class? A three-way tie between Heavy, Scout and Sniper.)

Jorpho
08-03-2008, 02:58 AM
I just spent about fifteen minutes trying to heal people with the Syringe gun! (Actually, it kinda works, but I don't think that's what you're supposed to do.)

TheDomesticInstitution
08-03-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start a fight. You say you don't play games online, so... I guess this doesn't apply to you.

No, no... I wasn't being an asshole- I was really wanting to know why the hate for the game. And, you answered my question.

The reason I don't play online games is my crappy satellite internet connection. Not only does it lag, but I also have a bandwidth cap of 17gb download and 5gb upload a month. If I reach this cap which I easily do (on the upload portion anyway), they bump my connection speed to an almost unusable speed- it makes 26400 dial-up look like high speed.

But, If our semi-rural area gets DSL, then I may play stuff online. In which case, now I know that TF for the PS3 sucks. But until then, I'm loving the rest of the orange box.

Kitsune Sniper
08-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I just spent about fifteen minutes trying to heal people with the Syringe gun! (Actually, it kinda works, but I don't think that's what you're supposed to do.)

Um, wait, the Syringe gun is an attack weapon. You have to use the heal gun to heal people. ;p

ALWAYS stay close to a character, especially one that's attacking the enemy. Medics are a Heavy's best friend. ;)

Jorpho
08-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Whaa, now my abilities have been publicly derided. :(

That's the other thing that's missing: isn't there a convenient ettiquite guide somewhere for people who don't know what they're doing? Or an extremely newbie-friendly server?

Lerxstnj
08-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Played HL1 on PC. Played HL2 on Xbox (one of my top 5 games of all time!). Playing HL2E1 on PC. I don't like playing games on PC much anymore, but I couldn't wait. When I get a 360 I will get Orange Box and look forward to E2. I may even replay E1. Pretty crazy when you have to use 3 different machines to play thru a series. I just hope HL3 (if there is one) is not a PS4 exclusive!

Jorpho
08-08-2008, 01:40 AM
So do any of you play TF2 on some particular server? Occasionally I wonder if it is safe to stop self-deprecating. (You know, change my name from CannonFodder over to Dogmeat.)

Ed Oscuro
08-08-2008, 01:58 AM
I have written a LOT about HL and HL2 recently HERE (http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=21506).

Not necessarily. I never played Blue Shift, and I didn't finish Opposing Force.
I guess you don't get the ASHPD reference in Portal, then, do ya

Well, I won't ridicule anybody for not finishing OpFor, but I thought it was halfway decent. Not necessarily a must-play, though. Also the original music selections were horrid static garbage for the most part.

HL has some gameplay issues, but it's a must-play in my view.

And if you have HL, you might as well try out Afraid of Monsters and both Poke 646 episodes, just sayin'.

Anyway, here's what I think:

HL2 - great for the most part, has some doldrums but you can run or drive past them surprisingly fast. You can just drive or run past stuff you don't want to deal with much of the time. Horrible weapon selection, with the exception of the grenade, RPG, gravity gun, and some other stuff I can't spoil. Unfortunately all the automatic weapons suck. You only get 12 extra .357 bullets now, too, due to testers sniping with the suit zoom. No gauss gun - no egon gun either. Lame, lame. Also, everything has terrible accuracy. At least the low ammo count gives you reason to explore the well-designed maps and find all the awesome secret caches - in fact I found a new one this playthrough. SPOILER: Definitely try to find the hidden vortigaunt.
HL2 lost coast (not given out with Orange Box, but I think everybody can get it) - not bad gameplay for the time allotted, although it's a shame about how bad that cliff village looks ;D
HL2 ep 1 - just a touch worse than HL2. Has a couple memorable moments though.
HL2 ep 2 - maybe on par with HL2. Stupid achievements for the most part, although I wish I'd know the easy ways to take out Hunters. I've played this one through 1.7 times recently (argh Little Rocket Man achievement doesn't trigger like you'd think), so I've completed it from start to finish at least twice.

Portal - decent enough, and while the story and mood is brilliant it's also pretty short. I'm not really interested in going for the last two achievements at this point. Got both records where you need to solve a map with only two portals, though!

Team Fortress 2 - now this is what makes the Box shine! What a game.

What a GAME.

I'm not kidding when I say that (aside from HL and the great mods it supports) this is probably the best thing Valve has yet done. Gameplay galore, humor out the wazoo, a huge range of Achievements, and they're adding some persistent game elements (weapons). The game already feels complete with packs of weapons for just two of the characters; it'll be just that much better when everybody has their own pack.

I am pretty good at it too. Add EdOscuro to your friends list!

If the next game pack from Valve has as good a lineup as this one, it's a must-buy even for a stingy bum like myself. This is the only game I've bought at full price in quite a long time (aside from retro stuff, argh).

Ed Oscuro
08-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Played HL2 on Xbox (one of my top 5 games of all time!).
You should try it on a PC or 360, then, because the Xbox port is REALLY stripped down and sluggish framerate-wise. Probably one of the most demanding games on the old Xbox.

ProgrammingAce
08-08-2008, 03:28 AM
am i crazy when i say i just can't get into team fortress 2? It seems really complicated to me, i need someone to walk me through it i suppose.

I have a hard time just figuring out what button does what on the controller. It wasn't until my 3rd of 4th day of playing that i figured out how to switch classes in the middle of a game. The little things need explanations, like the fact you can't capture an area as a spy while disguised.

I have about 6 hours in the game, and i've never won a match. Obviously i don't know what i'm doing, but the largest match i've gotten into was 3 on 3. There doesn't seem to be many people playing on the 360 anymore so maybe i'm not alone.

PaddyTheChump
08-08-2008, 05:45 AM
My main beef with people buying the PS3 version is Team Fortress 2. The PC and 360 versions are getting tons of new content and balance fixes, and the PS3 is being left out. The other four games in the set don't need that many fixes, since they're just... well, single player games. But TF2, being a multiplayer game, NEEDS these fixes and EA just isn't porting these patches and gameplay updates fast enough.

Seriously? The 360 version gets no new content either. In fact, I think the ps3 version will get more content before the 360 version will.

am i crazy when i say i just can't get into team fortress 2? It seems really complicated to me, i need someone to walk me through it i suppose.

I have a hard time just figuring out what button does what on the controller. It wasn't until my 3rd of 4th day of playing that i figured out how to switch classes in the middle of a game. The little things need explanations, like the fact you can't capture an area as a spy while disguised.

I have about 6 hours in the game, and i've never won a match. Obviously i don't know what i'm doing, but the largest match i've gotten into was 3 on 3. There doesn't seem to be many people playing on the 360 anymore so maybe i'm not alone.

There still are a fair number of people who play on xbox live. I never have a problem finding a game (sub 10 seconds), and during peak times there are tons of games. I never have trouble finding an 8 vs 8 game.
If you need some help with tf2, add XfilesX to xbox live, and I can help you out if you want.
edit: that offer goes to anyone who wants to play, just add me!

Borman
08-08-2008, 05:47 AM

I cant get into it either. I was a fan of Team Fortress Classic using the original Halflife Engine, but TF2 just doesnt click with me

Jorpho
08-08-2008, 07:49 PM
I am pretty good at it too. Add EdOscuro to your friends list!

Okay. I can only find "Ed Oscuro", though, not "EdOscuro". Is that you?

Leo_A
08-08-2008, 07:53 PM
You should try it on a PC or 360, then, because the Xbox port is REALLY stripped down and sluggish framerate-wise. Probably one of the most demanding games on the old Xbox.

I disagree, it turned out very well. On a 480i television, the 360 version doesn't look all that much better, and the frame rate isn't bad at all on the Xbox port. I only had frame rate issues a few times, and I get just as many playing HL2 and the two episodes on Orange Box on a 360.

Sometimes I wonder if everyone being critical of HL2 on the Xbox ever actually played it, or just repeated what a few popular review sites had to say about it (Not saying that's the case with you though).

Worth pointing out I played it back in the day at a 4:3 aspect ratio at 480i, while the game supported widescreen and progressive scan as I recall. I should return to it someday and see if those have a negative effect on how well it runs. And some may be critical of it after playing it in BC mode on 360's, which ran it very poorly at first (Though I heard a later BC update made it run much better).

I loved Team Fortress Classic, but I don't like Team Fortress 2 one bit.

Jorpho
08-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Another TF2 free weekend coming up. Not quite sure what the point of those is - you'd think anyone who would be willing to download several gigabytes (?) for the sake of a few days of play would probably already be playing. Does this mean that each and every server will be full of people who really don't know what they're doing? I haven't played in a while now as it seemed to be keeping me up at night, but I guess it's time for another go.

By the way, how do those unlockables work, anyway? Do you just have to get all the achievements for a given class? But if it's that simple, why isn't every Medic and Pyro always weilding the unlockables?

Jorpho
11-12-2008, 12:29 PM
I've heard nice things about the recently-released Half Life: Decay (http://decay.half-lifecreations.com/), but I can't figure out if this is supposed to be for Half Life: Source or the original Half Life. (Or do people not make mods for the original Half Life anymore?)

ANONPLOX
11-12-2008, 12:40 PM

im definetly not fond of the new Medic or Spy abilities they seem almost like a newbie ability to help the halfwits play the game. TFC/TF1.5 FTW

Kitsune Sniper
11-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I've heard nice things about the recently-released Half Life: Decay (http://decay.half-lifecreations.com/), but I can't figure out if this is supposed to be for Half Life: Source or the original Half Life. (Or do people not make mods for the original Half Life anymore?)

It's for the original Half-Life.

Also, you already have this if you own the PS2 port of Half-Life. It was that port's bonus game.

Jorpho
11-12-2008, 01:59 PM
im definetly not fond of the new Medic or Spy abilities they seem almost like a newbie ability to help the halfwits play the game. TFC/TF1.5 FTWA halfwit spy won't last very long...

How about Fortress Forever?

Frica89
11-26-2008, 12:32 AM
I can't stop playing with this box. Just beat HL2....I was blown away by the sense of realism and immersion that the game provided. Some parts seemed to drag on a little bit too long (a common complaint from what I've heard) but overall they were fun. The last few hours of the game were AMAZING. Video games don't really get any better than that.

Now I don't know if I should start HL Ep. 1 or Portal.

I'm absolutely hooked on Team Fortress 2. It is simply the greatest online shooter I have ever played, bar none. So much thought went into all of the levels and characters that all of the classes are very balanced and are useful in every map. The art style is awesome and the game is just plain hilarious. I can't wait until the 360 gets all of the updates.

carlcarlson
11-26-2008, 07:49 AM
When I first got Live I played nothing but TF2. I thought it was the best multiplayer ever. Then I got CoD 4 and all of that changed. I've put in roughly 10 days on it and can't stop. I actually went back and tried TF2 last weekend for the first time since I switched and I just couldn't get back into it. It's still a great, great game, but I'm more into the realistic multiplayer I guess.

Half-Life 2 though.. oh man, single player fps don't get any better than that. I need to start episode 1 one of these days.