PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, or has most gaming news been pretty boring, recently?

diskoboy
07-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Apologies if this belongs in the general discussion board...

But is it just me, or has gaming news been pretty dull, lately? I don't think I've seen an article, in the past few months that's really 'wowed' me. Even most game announcements are getting somewhat predictable.

The announcement for Diablo 3 didn't even phase me, and I loved the first 2....

I hope I'm not getting burnt out. Video games have basically been my life, since I was 5...

Even our 'modern games' forum seems alot slower than usual, lately....

RadiantSvgun
07-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Ha!

I've felt like that for a long time. Nothing is exciting to me recently.

Frankie_Says_Relax
07-07-2008, 08:42 PM
It is summer ... and that's traditionally been the slowest period for AAA releases. I'm shocked MGS4 launched in the summer quarter.

s1lence
07-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Well the PS3 2.4 update, failure, and trophies deal has been entertaining over the last week.

Nikademus1969
07-07-2008, 09:30 PM
I dunno...I'm *kinda* psyched about Diablo 3, the first 2 were classics. As of now, that and Fallout 3 are the only games I'm really looking forward to at this point.

Other than those two titles tho, there is nothing out there that is really getting my attention, but like Frankie_Says_Relax said, it IS summer..I'm sure things till pick up eventually.

Dangerboy
07-07-2008, 10:03 PM
You realize E3 is in week, right?

nestlekwik
07-07-2008, 10:07 PM

My response would have been akin to this. July 15-18 is E3 and, obviously, any recent big news will have been reserved for the event.

jcalder8
07-07-2008, 10:12 PM
I was going to say that I have been wowed by some stuff recently but then I tried to come up with the news items I was wowed about and I couldn't think of anything so I guess I agree with you. Most of the exciting news has been about sequels so pretty much more of the same.

rpgadam07
07-07-2008, 10:35 PM

...Obviously, any recent big news will have been reserved for the event.

You took the words right out of my mouth. As soon as I read the title of this thread that's what popped into my head.

unwinddesign
07-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Banjo Kazooie 3
Rock Band 2
Fallout 3
GH: World Tour

I honestly don't know how the hell I'm going to have time to play all this shit in the fall. Jesus. That's not including God of War 1 & 2, Chains of Olympus, Grandia 3 for PS2/PSP that I have to catch up on...and more recent releases like R&C, Uncharted and MGS4 for PS3.

It's as good a time as any to be into gaming, in my opinion.

Cmosfm
07-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Dude, Mega Man 9, how could you not even be remotely excited about that?

swlovinist
07-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Like others said, summer months, and upcoming E3. While I dont expect the E3 thing this year to be spectacular, there will be some news that will get some attention. With that being said, there has been lull and I that lull is going to end in a week.

zektor
07-07-2008, 11:33 PM
I dunno...Chrono Trigger DS is something I am looking forward to...

Icarus Moonsight
07-08-2008, 05:36 AM
If it were not for the recent announcements of Mega Man 9 and Diablo 3. Yeah, it would be pretty dull.

There are a few mysteries though that now carries more tension than excitement.

Factor 5's Wii game
Nintendo's BIG game for Holiday 08
Rumor about price cuts for 360 and PS3
ect

Until there is an announcement or even after E3 is done. Then we'll know if it is exciting or not.

Lothars
07-08-2008, 05:45 AM
Apologies if this belongs in the general discussion board...

But is it just me, or has gaming news been pretty dull, lately? I don't think I've seen an article, in the past few months that's really 'wowed' me. Even most game announcements are getting somewhat predictable.

The announcement for Diablo 3 didn't even phase me, and I loved the first 2....

I hope I'm not getting burnt out. Video games have basically been my life, since I was 5...

Even our 'modern games' forum seems alot slower than usual, lately....

I disagree I think the announcement of Diablo 3, Chrono Trigger DS, PS3 2.4 Firmware as well as Mega Man 9 even though it looks mediocre are all big thing that's happened lately but it could definitely be that e3 is just around the corner.

I think it's a great time to be a gamer.

carlcarlson
07-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Diablo 3 announcement had me giddy for a week.

Chrono Trigger DS isn't as cool (I was hoping for a different look I guess), but still quite awesome.

So I dunno, I'm pretty pumped.

Oobgarm
07-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Dude, Mega Man 9, how could you not even be remotely excited about that?

I will bold Cmos' post for emphasis.

DUDE.

PapaStu
07-08-2008, 08:35 AM
News is sparse due to everyone waiting for E3 *snicker*, TGS, and E for All *snicker* to hit a little later this summer to announce everything.

josekortez
07-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Unless another 2D vertical or horizontal shooter gets announced for Wii or 360, I can't say I care much about any unreleased news.

kainemaxwell
07-08-2008, 10:04 PM
I dunno, I found the news of Mega Man 9 and Chrono Trigge ron the DS very exciting and unexpected.

AMG
07-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Yeah, it's been boring for me overall too. The only announcement recently that got me excited was Doom 4.

SpaceHarrier
07-09-2008, 03:05 AM
But is it strange I'm more excited about MegaMan 9 than any other game?

Fuyukaze
07-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Persona 4 got anounced for a domestic release, even got a street date. It's just you.

diskoboy
07-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Okay - I stand corrected...

The new Thunder Force announcement made me pretty excited.

randomuser83
07-09-2008, 02:22 PM
I think it is not only because it is the off season so to speak for the industry, but that almost all die-hard gamers are getting tired of the same 'ol same 'ol. I personally am starting to be turned off by the flagship games just getting a graphics update with no real improvement to the game itself. I would like to see developers take more time to make the game more "innovative" rather than just making it purdy.

Tommy
07-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Seriously?, Some of the best gaming out there! Try going for a diffrent genre or start playing a sport. Hey raquetball is fun. Some people have nothing else to complain about, what about world hunger or the price of gasoline or the california wildfires? Videogames are what they are and if you have a problem dustinguishing between a game and real life then please seek pyschiatric help. Why dont you develop your own game? Take charge buddy. Please don't flame, :cheers:

Trebuken
07-09-2008, 03:03 PM
If Diablo 3 and Doom 4 can't get you excited then there isn't much left...

I am sure those announcements were planned for pre-E3 to get some attention leading into E3.

We need to remember that Nintendo has announced zilch for the rest of the year...I think 'Rygar' is coming to the Wii.

Chronotrigger is being described as little more than a port, so I'll stick with my SNES copy.

This is a list of games I am looking at for this fall and the beginning of next. Includes many RPG's that might not be top tier games but the rest have potential, though undoubtedly there will be some duds...

Fable II/360 October
Starcraft 2 December
Killzone 2/PS3
Final Fantasy IV/DS July 22
Soul Calibur IV/360/PS3 July 29
Legend The Hand of God/PC August 1
Vampire Rain/PS3 August 5
Too Human/360 August 19
Brothers In Arms Hells Highway PC/360/PS3 August 26
Disgaea 3/PS3 August 26
Tales of Vesperia/360 August 19
From the Abyss/DS August 26
Izuna 2 /DS July 22
Falling Stars/PS2 August 19
Space Siege/PC August 19
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky/PC August 29
Mercenaries 2/PS3/360/PC/PS2 August 31
Gauntlet/DS September 1
Lego Batman PS3/PS2/Wii/360/DS/PC/PSP September 1
Rise of the Argonauts PS3/360/PC September 1
Master of the Monster Lair/DS September 2
Infinite Undiscovery/360 September 2
Tiberium/360/PS3/PC September 2
Depths of Peril/PC September 5
Spore/PC September 7
Mount and Blade/PC September 5
Legendary/PC/PS3/360 September 9
Crysis Warhead/PC September 16
Dragon Quest IV/DS September 16
Star Wars the Force Unleashed PS3/360/Wii/PS2/PSP/DS September 16
Warhammer Battle March/360 September 16
Yggdra Union /PSP September 16
The Witcher Enhanced Edition/PC September 16
Just Cause 2/PC/PS3/360 September 23
King’s Bounty The Legend/PC September 23Golden Axe Beast Rider /360/PS3 September 30
Rygar The Battle of Argus/Wii September 30
Star Ocean First Departure/PSP September 30
Star Ocean Second Evolution/PSP September 30
Valhalla Knights 2/PSP September 30
Bionic Commando ?
Crash Bandicoot, Mind Over Mutant October
Dead Space PC/360/PS3 October
Fallout 3 /PC/PS3/360 October
Far Cry 2 PC/PS3/360 October
Fracture PS3/360 October
Ghostbusters/All October
Halo Wars /360 October
Little Big Planet PS3 (Download only?) October
Project Origin /PC/PS3/360 October
Puzzle Quest Galactrix/PC/DS/360 October
Age of Empires Mythologies/DS November
Call of Duty 5/ALL November
Gears of War 2/360 November
Huxley 360/PC November
Mirror’s Edge PC/360/PS3 November
Prince of Persia PC/360/PS3 November
Resistance 2 /PS3 November
Tales of Symphonia Wii November
Two Worlds The Temptation PC/360 November
Valkyria Chronicles PS3 November
The Agency PC/PS3 December
Brutal Legend PS3/PC Unknown
Disciples III Renaissance Unknown
Drakensang PC Unknown
Sacred 2 Unknown
Darkfall PC Unknown
Persona 4 PS2 RPG

Not many exclusive games there folks, and many more with PC editions than I expected...PC gaming lives...

diskoboy
07-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Seriously?, Some of the best gaming out there! Try going for a diffrent genre or start playing a sport. Hey raquetball is fun. Some people have nothing else to complain about, what about world hunger or the price of gasoline or the california wildfires? Videogames are what they are and if you have a problem dustinguishing between a game and real life then please seek pyschiatric help. Why dont you develop your own game? Take charge buddy. Please don't flame, :cheers:

Photography or drawing is what I do when I'm not gaming. Actually, I just bought a Nikon D60 DSLR with my stimulus check (Thanks Mr. Bush - at least you were good for something..)

I think it's just the typical summer lull that's got me in this funk. It'll probably pick up when E3 hits.

Tommy
07-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Yah, summer gaming is relatively slow. Glad you are into photography, I am also and have been taking many pictures over here in Sicily. Very beautiful indeed. Gaming is a big part of my life but I am mainly into old stuff anyways. Hopefully something comes out that strikes your intrest ^^;.