07-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Ouch.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/887/887547p1.html

Chuplayer
07-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Australia's not a real country, anyway.

DefaultGen
07-09-2008, 10:19 PM
It's not like Australia is exactly known for their on-time, non-censored releases of video games anyway :D I'm about to email Yahtzee begging for a Fallout 3 review now.

EX-Soldier
07-09-2008, 10:38 PM
first they ban underground horrorcore rapper necro now this? the hell is wrong with that backwards-ass country? with their wishy washy fancy pants toilet water spinning opposite ways....YOU LEARN TO SPIN AMERICAN OR YOU DONT SPIN AT ALL!!!

....I expected more from a country founded by convicts...I expected so much more =(

G-Boobie
07-10-2008, 02:53 AM
...Thank God or Kutaragi or whoever for no region locks, huh?

Sorry, my kangaroo friends. Importing looks like the only way to go :(

Lady Jaye
07-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Dear Office of Film and Literature Classification: people over the age of 15 also play videogames. Yes, kids could get their hands on adult games if they were available in your country, but guess what? They could also see movies that are not age-appropriate despite all the best age classification possible.

AllSchoolGamer
07-10-2008, 09:56 AM
ok australian stereotypes aside (you fat, gun tootin' capitilist yanks hehe sorry :) )

I am really gettin sick to death of all this stupid arse censoring and banning of games in this bloody country. I'm 30 damn years old!!1 Why the hell do I have to keep missing out??? It's just not fair!! :frustrated:

*sigh* alas it was the same growing up with horror movies...I guess the only way to get games unbanned is to replace their collective attention on something else. Mind you though I still got to watch those movies as with these games...no nongaming *expletive deleted* is gonna tell me what I can and can't play.:mad::angry::fist::grrr::grumble::bad-words:

Mayhem
07-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Even if it doesn't come out there, people who want to play it will just import from Europe anyhows...

Trebuken
07-10-2008, 04:15 PM
1984 people...1984.

DJ Daishi
07-10-2008, 04:27 PM
first they ban underground horrorcore rapper necro now this?

yeah, I also disagree.....necro should be banned from the face of the earth.

Emuaust
07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Banning and Refused classifaction are slightly different, after working a little with the OFLC I can tell you there are morons, plain and simple.

There legislation needs major uprooting to bring it into more modern times but it wont happen any time soon, the states of australia have to have all the attorney generals agree that it needs changing, this wont happen any time soon.

Fallout 3 will come out, it will be heavily changed though, why i dont know, fcking OFLC pass Ninja Gaiden II no probs, they also let movies like Saw and the like through but RC this?, I mean WTF?

EX-Soldier
07-11-2008, 02:37 AM
yeah, I also disagree.....necro should be banned from the face of the earth.

...your face should be banned =(

Ze_ro
07-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Y'know, it's one thing if a store chooses not to carry games with a certain rating, and it's one thing if a console manufacturer refuses to allow a company to release games with a certain rating... but these ratings bodies should not be allowed to refuse to rate a game. Censorship isn't their job. Give it an AO rating (or whatever the OFLC equivalent is) and let the rest of the industry decide how to handle it.

If I were Australian, I'd be trying to find ways to file a formal complaint about this type of action.

--Zero

boatofcar
07-14-2008, 01:40 AM
1984 people...1984.

There needs be some kind of 1984 version of Goodwin's Law. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law)

AllSchoolGamer
07-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Well i dont understand how this can be banned for drugs when they let saints row through....you can smoke bongs and joints and pipes in that game.
so silly... again im 30 years old and missing out...games wont get you into drugs, life will :smash:wake up oflc

Nebagram
07-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Australia's game classification system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Bishop) is flawed at best and downright idiotic at worst. They have an 18+ certificate for movies, it just seems that they can't be bothered to apply it to videogames, and it's the Australian consumer that suffers as a result.

So much for the stereotype of the easy-going, laid back Australian.