PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 2 Blowout: Premium Drum Kit, Full-Size Guitars, New Modes, lots of info

Oobgarm
07-11-2008, 06:23 AM
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11340&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Looks like the new Game Informer has the goods on the sequel, which has suddenly started looking pretty good. Hopefully this may curtail the burnout that's been setting in for some folks with this large wave of rhythm/instrument based games.

Just a rundown for those who don't want to click and read the 8 scans from Game Informer:

Xbox 360 exclusive to begin with, out for all consoles by Christmas
New no-fail mode
'Battle of the Bands' mode (goals are set for bands to compete and see who is the best)
Band World Tour (online)
No Solo Tour, a consistent band is maintained no matter how many players are playing
'Tour Challenges' are playable instead of the city-to-city progression of the past (pre-fab criteria that evolves with DLC)
Ability to hire employees to help generate more cash for the band
Drum Trainer (for those who need practice, like myself), with Freestyle Mode for messing around
Auto setlist generation based on your criteria (artist, genre, etc.)
DLC carries over
Old instruments work
New drums have expansion slots for cymbals, metal-reinforced foot pedal
New drums have velocity sensitive pads, are softer and quieter
New gutiars look more like actual instruments with sunburst finish and 'woodgrain' neck
New guitars have less 'clicky' buttons and more firm strum bar
Ion brand 'premium' drum kit sold individually which features 3 cymbals in addition to the 4 pads, plus the possibility of turning it into a real electronic drum kit
Limited number of full-size gutted Fender Strats for a more authentic feel
Deeper character customization
Availability of real-word merchandise for their created band
Redesigned navigation (no more accidentally backing out of menus)

New Standard Drum Kit and Guitar:

http://www.dustincarter.com/dp/rb2-1.jpg

New Ion Premium Drum Kit:

http://www.dustincarter.com/dp/rb2-2.jpg

JunkTheMagicDragon
07-11-2008, 06:53 AM
promised myself i wouldn't buy new instruments when i got rb2 (my house is already adorned with 4 guitars and 2 drum kits).

ah, but that ion kit calls to me.

YOU MANIACS! DAMN YOUS HARMONIX!

carlcarlson
07-11-2008, 07:10 AM
What's with the bass pedal not being attached on the ion set? I hope that's a mistake, because I can't imagine that working. If it is a mistake then I might actually be excited (depending on price) because that set looks great. Otherwise, I am one of the aforementioned "burnouts".

Icarus Moonsight
07-11-2008, 08:13 AM
That Ion trap looks nice. :D I'd want that with or without the game just for the electric drum kit option. If you can buy one separate I'm sure gonna think about it. ;)

GnawRadar
07-11-2008, 09:41 AM
If that new Ion Drum Kit turns out to be a decent electronic kit I will definitely be picking up RB2. I decided to pass on Rock Band, but since I recently had to sell my real drum kit I've been itching to play and this might just be able to fill that void.

otaku
07-11-2008, 09:45 AM
I already have a metal pedal and a quiet kit for my drums but looking at that ion set I may need to get that.... hopefully I can sell my old drums toward these new ones, anyone want the old kit?

MrSparkle
07-11-2008, 10:47 AM
If theres one thing i couldnt stand about the drum set for rockband 1 it was the bass pedal. that premium drum set looks killer the fact that it doubles as an actual velocity sensitive electronic drum kit rocks. probably puts it out of most peoples price range though. less squishy strum bar, LOVE IT! thats one area where i think they took a big step backwards from guitar hero, the strum bar on the rock band guitars was awful! But i thought the symbols on the regular drum set were going to be part of the kit, what are optional symbols going to be used for optional notes?

Princess-Isabela
07-11-2008, 12:34 PM
at first I didn't know why people were saying " I like symbols", I didn't see symbols to begin with, then I realized people were just mispronouncing cymbals, hehe.
but back on topic, - I don't see that ion drumset costing less than $300.

carlcarlson
07-11-2008, 04:57 PM
But i thought the symbols on the regular drum set were going to be part of the kit, what are optional symbols going to be used for optional notes?

This a good point. It looks like the colors on the cymbals are the same as on three of the pads. So does that mean you have a choice between two things to hit for those notes? If so, that would result in either sloppy sounding music or a tom sound when you just hit the cymbal. Either way, that's dumb.

Kitsune Sniper
05-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Edit:
No, why did you delete the post, now I sound more like an idiot than usual :P

jcalder8
05-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Edit:
No, why did you delete the post, now I sound more like an idiot than usual :P
Way to bump up a thread from 08 :P

Kitsune Sniper
05-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Way to bump up a thread from 08 :P