PDA

View Full Version : original xbox console gift

Mianrtcv
07-13-2008, 03:47 PM
I received an original xbox console as a gift. I am totally into it. It was purchased from a seller on amazon.com. My question is it was wrapped like new, in a non original box... The seller is adamant this is a new and non-refurbished unit. I am just wondering what some signs of a refurbished cosole would be. I have never had one. The unit does look 100 % new and it does appear to be in wrapped as was my original purchased console years back. I only ask because I want to know if this seller is honest. Thanks.

Chuplayer
07-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Going by the "gutted games" philosophy, the console is not new. It's been gutted.

As for signs, look for anything on the hard drive. Saves, music, anything. I don't know if consoles came with an XBOX Live option on the dashboard by default after a certain time, but mine from 2001 didn't. I got that after playing a game that required the console to be updated to support XBOX Live even though I never even connected the console to the internet.

josekortez
07-13-2008, 09:08 PM
The weird thing is that up until recently, I had seen brand new Xbox consoles (the Forza bundle) for sale at Toys R Us for $90.

Mianrtcv
07-13-2008, 09:35 PM
The weird thing is that up until recently, I had seen brand new Xbox consoles (the Forza bundle) for sale at Toys R Us for $90.

I have not seen them in eons. In New York it is feast or famine. As things get older, famine is usually it in the metropolitan areas (sometimes the burbs hold out longer though).

Bojay1997
07-13-2008, 10:48 PM
The last NIB Xbox consoles I saw were at a Navy Exchange before Christmas. Haven't seen a single new Xbox since then.

Borman
07-13-2008, 11:04 PM
If it was officially refurbished by Microsoft, then it sometimes has the stickers on the bottom to say so.