PapaStu
07-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Zomg!1!

True motion 'depth' controllers!?!

Where's my Animal Crossing Wii !?!?!!

Discuss it all here!

tonyvortex
07-14-2008, 03:08 PM
all i care about in life right now is the new animal crossing.

Tommy
07-14-2008, 03:30 PM
never played any animal crossing game. are they fun?

jcalder8
07-14-2008, 03:52 PM
never played any animal crossing game. are they fun?
I own the one for DS, it's fun for awhile but I found I got bored after a couple weeks worth of play.

blissfulnoise
07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Nintendo's Press Conference Big Reveal:

Kid Icarius Wii by Retro Studios

joedick
07-14-2008, 05:27 PM

By Retro? Hasn't the hot rumor (of the past six months) been that Factor 5 is making it?

blissfulnoise
07-14-2008, 05:48 PM
By Retro? Hasn't the hot rumor (of the past six months) been that Factor 5 is making it?

Yep, but I'm making an unfounded guess that Retro's been working on it (they've been totally silent since Prime 3 which had been essentually "done" way before it launched) and that the Factor 5 development has been a red herring.

Besides, wouldn't it be much cooler if Retro was behind Kid Icarus after what they did for Metroid?

GM80
07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Besides, wouldn't it be much cooler if Retro was behind Kid Icarus after what they did for Metroid?

And if it features 1:1 sword and bow wielding with the new "true motion" Wiimote attachment.

:)

Overbite
07-14-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm hoping for some great new game announcements. Lately whenever I play my Wii it's always homebrew.

stonecutter
07-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Just in case people think I am trashing the 360 in the other thread, now my launch Wii has a very loud spinning drive which makes me uncomfortable as hell too. When is this going to stop? How about a warranty extension on the Wii as it appears to be a common problem as well.

jjgames
07-15-2008, 09:02 AM

Matt on IGN, who has been hyping this game forever, just said yesterday it wouldn't show up at the conference. He's lost lots of credibility in my book so I don't know what to believe, but I think Retro will be working on something else. AND I PRAY IT IS SHOWN AT THE CONFERENCE.

GrandAmChandler
07-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Nintendo's big announcement is the DS Redesign. Just watch.

Oobgarm
07-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Animal Crossing: City Folk confirmed, real-time gameplay with internal clock. Due this year.

Oobgarm
07-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Wii Speak microphone, lets you chat in a room with friends, while playing games, post on message boards and message to cell phones.

Looks like a bundle with Animal Crossing.

Icarus Moonsight
07-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Was watching until I lost sat signal. Damn rain clouds. Animal Crossing Wii?!? Hurray!

Oobgarm
07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades - DS to DS song sharing

Spore Creatures for DS - Share creatures via WiFi

Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

Oobgarm
07-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for DS - Same free-roaming gamplay using custom-built engine Due out 'Winter'

Cooking Navi also announced

Oobgarm
07-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Wii Sports Resort - Beach Sports (Jet Skis, Frisbee, Fencing (!)) makes use of Wii Motion Plus, out next Spring

Oobgarm
07-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Wii Music - Utilizes Remote, Nunchuk, and Balance Board, out this 'Holiday'

Not like typical rhythm games, allows for the joy of 'performance' with roughly 50 instruments

Cmtz
07-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Let me be the first to say this Sucked balls!

Oobgarm
07-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Honestly, the press conference seemed kinda lacking. Yeah, Animal Crossing is cool and all, but it's obivous that they're playing the casual angle now.

And Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades? Ugh. Way to kill any momentum(if any) the just-released game has.

Though, GTA and Spore sound to be promising.

GrandAmChandler
07-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Worst. Nintendo. E3. Ever.

Xexyz
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
I never thought I'd say this but, Sony E3 2006 > Nintendo E3 2008

What a shame...

Sudo
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Dear Lord, that was a horrendous conference. I've never felt better about selling my Wii than I do right now.

GrandAmChandler
07-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Where's the Extra Storage?
Where's Kid Icarus?
Where's Kirby Wii?
Where's the new Zelda?
Where's the new DS redesign?
Where's the 60 minutes I lost forever watching this crap?

Dear Cammie, please update your resume.

Cmtz
07-15-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm gonna admit that I have been a Nintendo Fanboy forever! I love Nintendo. But, Nintendo you bring me a FUCKING frisbie game. Seriously A FUCKING FRISBIE game. WOW. WOW. WTF is that. WTF! FUCK NINTENDO! I guess when you're number one you become stagnant.

Oobgarm
07-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Nintendo you once knew and loved has left the building.

If gaming really is headed in this direction, and everyone assimilates eventually, EVERYONE will be a casual gamer. And that makes me sad.

pwpcody
07-15-2008, 12:32 PM
I believe everyone seems to be over reacting a little bit. Sure there were no stellar announcements but isn't it better than hearing nothing at all? It's not like they are going to stop making good games.

icest0rm
07-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Wii Sports Resort will be the game of the decade.

PapaStu
07-15-2008, 12:44 PM
TGS is coming...(and that other show that tends to be Nintendo exclusive, but i'm forgetting its name at the moment). You know that Nintendo never drops teh big bombs at E3. Japanese companies stay loyal to their own shows.

I predict a soft Sony E3 as well for the same reasons.

Atari 5200
07-15-2008, 12:45 PM
lol, this is starting to sound like a gamefaqs message board! LOL

joedick
07-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Did you guys not watch last year's conference? It was pretty much the same thing. As long as USA Today and ABC News are at the show, they're not going to cater to you. They have other venues for that. E3 will be for the casuals. Games like Wario Land and Kid Icarus will be revealed on web sites and in magazines.

blissfulnoise
07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Hopefully TGS will have something positive to show.

No Punch-Out, no Factor 5 project, no Retro product, no real annoucements for WiiWare or Virtual Console, no "Slim" DS redesign.

Further proof that Nintendo hates you, your family, and that heavy feeling in your wallet.

Rob2600
07-15-2008, 02:10 PM
the press conference seemed kinda lacking. Yeah, Animal Crossing is cool and all, but it's obivous that they're playing the casual angle now.

I think some of the games sound interesting. Animal Crossing, Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Music will be a lot of fun. Plus, there are some great games coming out this year that we already know about, like Guitar Hero: World Tour, de Blob, Samba de Amigo Wii, FaceBreaker K.O. Party, etc. We will have plenty of fun Wii games to play during the next six months.

I'm curious to see if Nintendo announces any other special MotionPlus games though. Surely there are more in development.

Wii Speak microphone, lets you chat in a room with friends, while playing games, post on message boards and message to cell phones.

Looks like a bundle with Animal Crossing.

Great, now there will be racist trash talk and death threats in online Wii games, too?

Simply Dave
07-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm really looking forward to Wii Animal Crossing. I had a blast with the Gamecube version.

diskoboy
07-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Thank you, Nintendo.

You just made my decision to sell my Wii a helluavalot easier.

geneshifter
07-15-2008, 04:29 PM
THAT was...just...horrible. Just horrible. Bye bye, Nintendo! I love(d) you!

joedick
07-15-2008, 04:47 PM
This is amazing. There's more drama here than a thread on new VC games.

Frankie_Says_Relax
07-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Holy overreactions Batman!

Overbite
07-15-2008, 04:55 PM
The Wii is a great homebrew console, it's really easy to "mod" so you can use your Wiis for that!

Icarus Moonsight
07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Beware the ides of July?!? LOL

Though the presentation may have been tame and the content offered somewhat watered down, it wasn't all that bad. Just disappointing considering what people were expecting. I won't start thinking bad stuff unless TGS is equally unimpressive. I believe PapaStu is right in that regard. They almost have to be holding back.

Nebagram
07-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Frankly, Animal Crossing is my most anticipated game of the coming few months, even above Fable 2. That one game alone makes up for a weak supporting cast. :)

joedick
07-15-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't think they're holding back, they just don't seem to want to talk about anything we won't be playing in the near future. It seems the days of us knowing about the next mario or zelda years in advance are over.

The only disappointment to me is that there hasn't been a word on Fatal Frame. I hope it comes out here. On the plus side - though many fear it will bring about the end of gaming as we know it - the cooking 'game' is finally coming!

Icarus Moonsight
07-15-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm sure Fatal Frame will come up at TGS. Among many other things left out of the E3 party. Hell, Nintendo announced the Revolution at TGS. There is a definable pattern here somewhere. ;)

E3 06 was a special case. I don't think we will ever see another E3 with the highs and lows that year came with. When you peak, it's all downhill for at least a little while.

josekortez
07-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Just in case people think I am trashing the 360 in the other thread, now my launch Wii has a very loud spinning drive which makes me uncomfortable as hell too. When is this going to stop? How about a warranty extension on the Wii as it appears to be a common problem as well.

Yeah, I was hoping that Nintendo would announce when they would repair my Wii that they broke after I played their damn Smash Bros. Brawl game for free. The thing won't even turn on anymore. And my warranty is over.

My next 1:1 motion might be tossing the damn thing out the window.

icest0rm
07-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Did you guys check out Shigeru Miyamoto playing the saxaphone...on the Wiiremote?! All I can say is, WOW. I'm sure this will the game to get this holiday season.

Rob2600
07-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Did you guys check out Shigeru Miyamoto playing the saxaphone...on the Wiiremote?! All I can say is, WOW. I'm sure this will the game to get this holiday season.

Now I'm really excited for Wii Music. I'd rather play instruments and conduct an orchestra than shoot more WWII soldiers or play another turn-based RPG. That's just me though.

joshnickerson
07-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Nintendo you once knew and loved has left the building.

If gaming really is headed in this direction, and everyone assimilates eventually, EVERYONE will be a casual gamer. And that makes me sad.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/joshnickerson/messageboard/waahburger.jpg

Wolfrider31
07-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Now I'm really excited for Wii Music. I'd rather play instruments and conduct an orchestra than shoot more WWII soldiers or play another turn-based RPG. That's just me though.

You mean the way he rocked back and forth and pressed random buttons? If I want something to play music for me I'll stick with my iPod.

Rob2600
07-15-2008, 10:09 PM
You mean the way he rocked back and forth and pressed random buttons? If I want something to play music for me I'll stick with my iPod.

"over 50 different virtual instruments like drums, saxophone, piano, violin, guitar, and more....players will be able to play tunes from Super Mario, F-Zero and other Nintendo classics.

...you can form a band with WiiMusic. The demonstration for the game wrapped up with six people playing different musical instruments together."

I'm sold.

I'm gonna admit that I have been a Nintendo Fanboy forever! I love Nintendo. But, Nintendo you bring me a FUCKING frisbie game. Seriously A FUCKING FRISBIE game. WOW. WOW. WTF is that.

Is E3 over already? There won't be any more announcements?

sisko
07-15-2008, 10:51 PM
I haven't gotten a chance to see the video, but have they forgotten about Pilot Wings?

:(

The 1 2 P
07-16-2008, 02:49 AM
The only thing that impressed me about the show was the short video of Star Wars: Clone Wars with the light saber duel. Other than that, I wasnt really impressed. It's nice that they got a GTA game for the DS, but why couldn't they put one on the Wii too? Anyway, this definitely wasn't a very strong show for Nintendo. They may have announced a new Animal Crossing game, but most people were waiting for a new Zelda, Metroid, Mario or even Kid Icarus game.

Of course, the fact that they had the worst E3 show(it's a toss up between them and Sony) really doesn't matter. The Wii and DS are still selling like Boy Scout cookies at Michael Jackson's house, so regardless of their showing it's business as usual.

Icarus Moonsight
07-16-2008, 03:31 AM
The only part of Wii Music that excited me was the drum set. If it's $20-30 then it is worth it for the drum set mode alone. $50 and I might just wait to pick it up latter, on the cheap. This is obviously targeted at folks who want a more relaxed and organic music experience and those who keep failing Joan Jett songs in Guitar Hero... on easy mode. LOL

The Wii Music band stuff made me think of the animatronic goon band at Chuck E. Cheese and Showbiz Pizza Place. Maybe it's just because I can actually play a few instruments, I don't know. Though, I must admit, jammin' freestyle with your non-musically inclined friends and relatives just might be a blast. *shrugs*

Sabz5150
07-16-2008, 07:39 AM
You mean the way he rocked back and forth and pressed random buttons?

You mean like Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

GrandAmChandler
07-16-2008, 08:30 AM
Penny Arcade's Take on Nintendo's E3 Press Conference:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/grandamchandler/nintendo.jpg

-GAC-

diskoboy
07-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Dead Rising might be coming to Wii.

Too bad I already have it on the 360, or I might give a fuck.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/16/rumor-dead-rising-coming-to-wii/

blissfulnoise
07-16-2008, 12:13 PM

But you'll be able to waggle to break away from a Zombie attack! Not that it will matter much with only 5 Zombies on the screen at any one time.

Rob2600
07-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Tthis definitely wasn't a very strong show for Nintendo. ... they had the worst E3 show(it's a toss up between them and Sony)

According to Yahoo, Sony has "taken the lead" and "this year's E3 belongs to Sony:"

Yahoo! Games - Sony impresses, Nintendo disappoints (http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/e3-2008/e3-2008-blogs/1227326)

Is that true or is Yahoo clueless?

Icarus Moonsight
07-16-2008, 01:00 PM

This and Ninja Gaiden 2 were the biggest reasons I want to get a 360... Dead Rising on Wii is welcome indeed. :)

Yahoo! is clueless. All the press confs were lackluster. No one won really.

blissfulnoise
07-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Man, does Madworld (http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/20100) looks awesome or what?

Rob2600
07-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Man, does Madworld (http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/20100) looks awesome or what?

Two words: Man Darts!

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119425

SkiDragon
07-16-2008, 06:51 PM
This E3 as a whole has been pretty disappointing. New game announcements were severely lacking, and unsurprising. It has renewed my interest in classic gaming, that's for sure.

However, did anybody else notice that there were at least 5 wii remotes hooked up to Wii Music at the same time? I didn't know this was possible.

Moon Jump
07-16-2008, 07:33 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/5/d/f/5dfe2bc6342e21622f7af671b0a94e99.gif

The 1 2 P
07-16-2008, 09:07 PM
According to Yahoo, Sony has "taken the lead" and "this year's E3 belongs to Sony:"

Yahoo! Games - Sony impresses, Nintendo disappoints (http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/e3-2008/e3-2008-blogs/1227326)

Is that true or is Yahoo clueless?

I've never had anyone "add" a typo while quoting me:? As for Yahoo, I guess they liked MAG. If you read my post in the Sony thread, I said that I liked the Resistance 2 footage and I was really impressed by the DC Universe unveiling. But still, there were no "wow" moments. And as an unbiased gamer I can honestly say that Sony did NOT have the best of the three shows. Yahoo was wrong.

Rob2600
07-16-2008, 09:51 PM
funny Star Trek/Nintendo animation

Hilarious! :)

I've never had anyone "add" a typo while quoting me

Sorry about that!

Rob2600
07-16-2008, 10:17 PM
So, to summarize, what were the Wii games at this year's E3?

Animal Crossing: City Folk
The Conduit
Dead Rising
MadWorld
Major Minor's Majestic March (from the makers of Parappa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy)
Mega Man 9
Pikmin 3 (announced)
Wario Land: Shake It!
Wii Music
Wii Sports Resort
EDIT: de Blob
EDIT: Star Wars: Clone Wars

Also, MotionPlus and Wii Speak.

What else am I forgetting?

Querjek
07-17-2008, 12:14 AM

The Conduit
Dead Rising
MadWorld
Major Minor's Majestic March (from the makers of Parappa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy)
Mega Man 9
Pikmin 3 (announced)
Wii Music
Wii Sports Resort

Sorry for being out of the loop, but I haven't been following the PS3 or 360 at all--although this list of Nintendo games seems short compared to past year, for some reason I don't think it's that terrible, but I dunno...

But hey, didn't some website say that Kid Icarus was confirmed to be shown at E3 or something?

boatofcar
07-17-2008, 12:50 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/joshnickerson/messageboard/waahburger.jpg

Man, that burger looks awesome. I'm so hungry!

And everyone should know how these type of threads go. Rob2600 defends Nintendo no matter what, Diskoboy always brings up selling his Wii, and everyone else is disappointed but will stick with Nintendo just in case they announce their next great game.

Rob2600
07-17-2008, 02:54 AM
everyone should know how these type of threads go. Rob2600 defends Nintendo no matter what, Diskoboy always brings up selling his Wii, and everyone else is disappointed but will stick with Nintendo just in case they announce their next great game.

I know I can be zealous sometimes, but I don't think I was in this thread. I think my posts were fair.

The 1 2 P
07-17-2008, 03:01 AM

The Conduit
Dead Rising
MadWorld
Mega Man 9
Pikmin 3 (announced)
Wii Music
Wii Sports Resort

You forgot Star Wars: Clone Wars. That looked cool because you get to have multiplayer Wii duels, but I doubt they'll let you do it online. But still, it's a new Star Wars game where you get to have lightsaber duels with people in your own home. Thats gotta be fun for parties.

Icarus Moonsight
07-17-2008, 03:32 AM
It was suggested that the Mario and Zelda teams are working on projects. Which, I guess, is almost a given. Especially since TP was actually a Gamecube title and Galaxy is the best selling (worldwide) stand alone software product on the Wii at this time. I don't see this announcement as having less impact than say announcing GoW3 or MAG and then showing a nice little "concept" video. Both parties had no actual substance to show for these games but, Sony's method speaks to many folks a lot louder than a simple mention does. I don't really see much of a difference other than presentation... Maybe that Sony uses the element of showmanship a bit better, but this practice has bit them (both N and Sony) in the ass in the past.

I want to like the Star Wars game but I have a very hard time doing so. Something about it just doesn't look right to me. Vader looks at Lucas, "Your powers are weak old man!" LOL

Sabz5150
07-17-2008, 06:27 AM
What he said:

The Conduit
Dead Rising
MadWorld
Mega Man 9
Pikmin 3 (announced)
Wii Music
Wii Sports Resort

What I heard:

"blah blah blah blah Megaman 9 blah blah blah blah".

blissfulnoise
07-17-2008, 08:50 AM
But hey, didn't some website say that Kid Icarus was confirmed to be shown at E3 or something?

Negative. Kid Icarius is a no show.

But to be fair Madworld looks fantastic, Wario Land looks to be pretty charming, and we'll all bite on Animal Crossing no matter what.

As for the rest:

- Dead Rising will be a clearly inferior port (they said they're going to keep it as close to the original "as possible") with waggle controls.
- The Conduit's best selling point is "hey, that kinda looks like a 360 game if you squint your eyes and click your heels"
- Mega Man 9 is going to be on all platforms.
- Wii Music, man, I don't know who the audience is for this one. Is it like Rock Band for people who want to vaguely immitate a flute without any challenge? Who is the market for this crap?
- Wii Sports Resort, yes, it will sell a bazillion copies but they're going to hate themselves in the morning when they realized they just payed $50 to play a game of virtual Frisbee.
- Pikmin 3 was just a name drop by Miyamoto, no game to show = doesn't count (likewise for God of War 3) but will probably be a great release.
- Shaun White Snowboarding Super Extreme Cross. Radical man, radical.

Rob2600
07-17-2008, 09:40 AM
- Wii Music, man, I don't know who the audience is for this one. Is it like Rock Band for people who want to vaguely immitate a flute without any challenge? Who is the market for this crap?

- Wii Sports Resort, yes, it will sell a bazillion copies but they're going to hate themselves in the morning when they realized they just payed $50 to play a game of virtual Frisbee.

I'm interested in playing Wii Music. The first time I played Rock Band at my friend's apartment, I asked him if there was a free play mode. I was disappointed when he said there wasn't. Wii Music and Guitar Hero: World Tour will fill that void.

Also, Wii Sports Resort won't just be frisbee. Supposedly, it will feature at least nine other games, but I guess nobody knows for sure yet.

joedick
07-17-2008, 10:14 AM

The Conduit
Dead Rising
MadWorld
Mega Man 9
Pikmin 3 (announced)
Wii Music
Wii Sports Resort
EDIT: Star Wars: Clone Wars

I'm sure de Blob is there too, which looks promising.

swlovinist
07-17-2008, 06:08 PM
I will keep this comment leaning positive and E3 related. Looks like Nintendo is making some new software titles that will probably sell well. I am sure they will spill alot more info at TGS then what was shown at E3. Not my favoritie, but it could be worse. I see the Wii doing well, and will continue to do well.