PDA

View Full Version : Question about DS Paddle Peripheral

bluenote
07-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if the DS paddle peripheral, (the one you need to import for Arkanoid DS), works for other DS breakout games like Break 'Em All? Also, what other Breakout clones are there for the DS? I remember another one was supposed to be really good, but I completely forget the name.

Thanks!

ubersaurus
07-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm pretty sure it needs special code to be enabled, and that's only in Arkanoid and SIE.

Oobgarm
07-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Nervous Brickdown is another one that's good. Couldn't tell you anything on the spinner control, but it looks like Uber nabbed that one.

Gapporin
07-15-2008, 04:20 PM
I wish Break 'Em All used the paddle control. L/R buttons as the only use of movement is a serious failure. It doesn't help that I actually like playing the game, it's just that darn control scheme I can't stand.

Sweater Fish Deluxe
07-15-2008, 09:05 PM
A coder/hacker named Yasu released an Action Replay cheat code that allows you to use the paddle in Mario Kart. It probably wouldn't be too hard to make similar codes for other games. The problem is trying to map digital controls to an analog paddle isn't ging to produce super results. I've been wanting to look into the Action Replay thing and see if it would be easy to remap touchscreen inputs to the paddle, for instance in a game like Ridge Racer DS.

The paddle wouldn't really work in Nervous Brickdown since most levels require more than just one the one dimensional movement of a traditional Breakout clone.

...word is bondage...