PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 HDMI adapter

SkiDragon
07-17-2008, 10:20 PM
I saw a Gamestop branded adapter that claimed to get HDMI out of a non-HDMI 360. I was wondering how this thing actually works. Is anybody familiar with it? does it get a pure HDMI signal somehow or is it just converting from component or likewise.

Thanks.

izarate
07-18-2008, 08:37 AM
It just makes a component to HDMI conversion, most likely.

Borman
07-18-2008, 08:39 AM
I saw a Gamestop branded adapter that claimed to get HDMI out of a non-HDMI 360. I was wondering how this thing actually works. Is anybody familiar with it? does it get a pure HDMI signal somehow or is it just converting from component or likewise.

Thanks.

Yep, some type of Analog to Digital conversion going on Im sure. Could be the VGA being converted, but its still analog.

Leo_A
07-18-2008, 09:35 AM
It's not the VGA signal, so you don't gain anything over pure component like being able to upscale DVD's. It's just converting the component signal. Been confirmed in multiple threads at the AVS forums. There's also been complaints about the quality of it, which isn't a surprise due to the company that produces it.

This thing doesn't magically make your 360 have a HDMI output. It's only usefulness is if you have a unused HDMI input on your set and want to free a component input for something else, or if your set handles the HDMI input better than it's component input (Some televisions do get a better picture that way; and some sets are limited when it comes to supporting some resolutions through component, that the set can support through hdmi, which this then can then resolve for you).