PDA

View Full Version : Contents in "Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy"

SkiDragon
07-17-2008, 10:28 PM
I was meaning to buy a used copy of this game, but I can't seem to find one with the instruction manual. I did find one copy that appeared to come with a map, but nothing else.

What were the original contents of the box for this game?

Gapporin
07-17-2008, 10:30 PM
The instruction manual and the map were the one and the same, I believe. The map was folded up in the original dimensions of a regular PS2 manual so it fits in the left side of the case. But of course you could fold it out and all that.

So, to answer your question, the game included the case, the game disc and the map/manual.

SkiDragon
07-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Ok, I guess I should go back and buy that, although the map was a little bit ripped.

PapaStu
07-17-2008, 11:53 PM
Heralding back to the days of yore when games like PaRappa The Rappa's instructions were all folded up as a Poster on one side/Instructions on the other, Jak & Daxter did the same.

There have been a few other PS/PS2 games that have done that as well, but they are slipping my mind at the moment.

bcks007
07-18-2008, 03:17 AM
Shadow of the Colossus had a sideways manual. That and Jak & Daxter, are the only special manuals i know about. The working designs games had a nice shinny manuals they used.

edit:

Ratchet & Clank, is also a poster/manual.
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, is a sideways manual like SotC, but the pages turn different on each of those. One top to bottom, other left to right.

studvicious
07-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Yep. Jak I just came with a map. Jak II was the same if I'm not mistaken, I'm really not sure though.

bcks007
07-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Jak II came with a normal manual. But it had a reversable front cover where a map was on the other side. I only know around 10 ps2 games that have artwork/map on the other side of the cover. I do not own Jax 3, so i can't speak for what that has or doesn't have. :(

mEgAsHoT
07-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Jak II came with a normal manual. But it had a reversable front cover where a map was on the other side. I only know around 10 ps2 games that have artwork/map on the other side of the cover. I do not own Jax 3, so i can't speak for what that has or doesn't have. :(

That's weird, my copy of Jak II does not have any artwork on the backside of the game cover. Well, it must be because I have a Greatest Hits copy, or I am just not looking for it. :P

bcks007
07-20-2008, 03:54 AM
Well that could be why, as i own the Normal copy of it. I never thought about special covers/maps, getting removed on the GH copy's.

There is actually 2 copys of the GH edition for Jax 2 supposedly, is your copy the SCUS-97265, or SCUS-97509 version?

PDorr3
07-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah I got my Jak and Daxter poster hanging up on my wall. I wish more games came with posters, it adds alittle something to the overall value to me if the game is enjoyable.