PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy imported Club Nintendo Wii controller?

geneshifter
09-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey guys, I need some advice on a reputable import seller. I am wanting to buy one of those Club Nintendo Super Famicon Wii controllers but I have never really bought anything from Japan on ebay or otherwise. Any suggestions from you that have? Is Play-Asia good? Thanks!

Alfador
09-13-2008, 09:29 PM
I've ordered a couple things from Play-Asia, no complaints here.

roushimsx
09-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Play Asia is my favorite import dealer that I've dealt with. Should you ever need to use it, their customer service is legendary. Plus, when you order, they stuff a $5/off coupon in there for use on your next order (which puts a serious dent in the shipping charges). Nice way to keep repeat business.

Unless I can get something for drastically cheaper elsewhere, I stick with ordering from them.

heybtbm
09-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Play Asia has been sold out of those controllers since the first day they were available. Good luck. Ebay is your only hope at this point...and you will PAY for the privilege.

geneshifter
09-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Play Asia has been sold out of those controllers since the first day they were available. Good luck. Ebay is your only hope at this point...and you will PAY for the privilege.

Do you know of a reputable Japan ebay seller? If I go ebay, I would like to go with someone that others have used in the past.

walrusmonger
09-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Do you know of a reputable Japan ebay seller? If I go ebay, I would like to go with someone that others have used in the past.

Just check their feedback, if they have a healthy amount of positive and few/no negs, and they have 100 or more transactions from selling, you can probably trust them.

Lady Jaye
09-14-2008, 09:09 AM
From what I can see (only through ebay.com, not Japan), a Super Famicom Wii controller will set you back about $50 if you go the BIN route.

geneshifter
09-14-2008, 01:00 PM
From what I can see (only through ebay.com, not Japan), a Super Famicom Wii controller will set you back about $50 if you go the BIN route.

Yeah, that looks about right. That's OK with my wife and I since we are playing a ton of virtual console games. We play those much more than the Wii games. The classic controller is kinda crap IMHO.

smork
09-14-2008, 01:38 PM
They're selling for ~3000 yen on Yahoo Japan, so $50ish to the US seems about right. Maybe $45 on a good day.

fpbrush
09-14-2008, 05:32 PM
That's a pretty sweet item...less sweet of a price. I don't have a Wii (yet, fufufu), but is the classic controller that bad :( ?

RPG_Fanatic
09-14-2008, 06:17 PM
I didn't even know Nintendo made these controllers until I saw this thread. I just bought two of them off Ebay for $95.00 they look cool and hope they are as good as the old snes ones. I can't wait till I get them.

geneshifter
09-14-2008, 08:08 PM
That's a pretty sweet item...less sweet of a price. I don't have a Wii (yet, fufufu), but is the classic controller that bad :( ?

Well, my wife and I both are having trouble with the D-pad and the buttons. They work OK but they are loose or something. Not the solid feeling like the original controllers. I'm hoping this controller will be more solid. We also do not like the cord coming out of the bottom of the controller :(

RPG_Fanatic
09-28-2008, 06:05 PM
These controllers are awsome!!!!! They're just like a snes controller, playing Super Mario World is the best!!!!

heybtbm
09-28-2008, 09:11 PM
This controller is PERFECT for Mega Man 9. I love it.