PDA

View Full Version : REJOICE: EA Finally Gives Up On Aquiring Take-Two

The 1 2 P
09-15-2008, 09:41 AM
It's about time I got some good news to report. After months of back and forth negotiations, EA has finally given up it's pursuit to make Take-Two it's lastest conquest: http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/ea-abandons-pursuit-of-taketwo/

So why is this good news for gamers? Because the GTA, Bioshock and 2K sports series are saved from the clutches of the evil megacorporation called EA:angry:. While that isn't exactly unbiased reporting, I can't honestly think of one good thing that would have came from this merger. The games would still cost the same, they would still get delayed when they weren't finished(or needed to launch simultaneously on multiple systems) and no matter how many more in-game ads EA would have put in them--it wouldn't benefit us gamers in any probably way. So I see this as: gamers/Take-Two-1, EA-0:fist:

SegaAges
09-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Well the huge money that could be made (outside of holiday season) from GTA4 has already been made, so it is a waste of EA's time right now.

I am guessing they will eventually try again. I am surprised they gave up this close to holiday season.

Do not get me wrong though, I think it is awesome.

scooterb23
09-15-2008, 10:12 AM
So...we won't get a good NFL Licensed football game now? Damn.

swlovinist
09-15-2008, 11:45 AM
In these times of mega-mergers, I think that third parties will have a harder time making bank as time moves on. Dont get me wrong, games like GTA, Madden and others will do fine. I wonder how much of EA not buying Take Two was becasue of liquidity and being conservitive in times of economic turmoil. While the game industry is booming on paper, I sense some slowing down in the upcoming years, espically for third parties.

Nirvana
09-15-2008, 12:59 PM
So...when does that exclusive rights to the NFL contract expire? I know they'll probably renew it, but hell, if they don't, I will actually look forward to buying football games again.

NFL 2k5 forever.

The 1 2 P
09-16-2008, 03:48 AM
Friendly bump so mods can lock the other duplicate thread by the DP bot.

7th lutz
09-16-2008, 09:32 AM
So...when does that exclusive rights to the NFL contract expire? .

The contract expires in February 2013.

SegaAges
09-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Friendly bump so mods can lock the other duplicate thread by the DP bot.

You and your crazy news.

Nice, you beat forum bots.

The 1 2 P
09-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Nice, you beat forum bots.

I also beat old ladies and small children. I'm an equal oppurtunity ass kicker:devilish:

Nirvana
09-16-2008, 01:53 PM
The contract expires in February 2013.

Radical. They better not renew that.

I also beat old ladies and small children. I'm an equal oppurtunity ass kicker:devilish:

Hahaha