PDA

View Full Version : Game backlogs

Chainsaw_Charlie
09-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Not sure what forum to put this in but how big is your game backlog if you have one?

Mine is 76 and I dodnt know if i'll ever get through it

Nebagram
09-18-2008, 11:24 AM
487. Mostly RPGs. I'm screwed. :)

Kitsune Sniper
09-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Heh.

Try listing all your games at backloggery.com :P

briskbc
09-18-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm at 61 games on PS, PS2, PSP and XBox. I just got a 360 and vowed only to buy a game after I have finished a game. I should be able to stick to that until they get to the point where they are about $5 each. That's usually where by backlog explodes. Unfortunately (I should say fortunately) that's the price on used PS2 and Xbox games in some stores around here.

Lady Jaye
09-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Way too many games to name them all...

Many of them RPGs but some of them not, like God of War.

The backlog is worse on the computer, not so bad on the PS2 and GameCube and not nearly as bad on the DS and GBA (although I do have some games to finish on those two handhelds).

I don't include games like the Tony Hawk series or even the Katamari games, since they are more of the "gaming in short sessions" type.

At the very least, I should finish FF IV Advance, FF V Advance, Dragon Quest IV, Yoshi's Island DS (not going for 100%) and Dragon Quest Heroes before I buy any more DS games...

namzep
09-18-2008, 12:32 PM
A few hundred, probably. A ton are RPGs that I've picked up and haven't had the time to play. Also, went a little crazy on DS games and have about 15 or 20 that I still haven't touched (quite a few still sealed). Probably should try and play through Etrian Odyssey II before my copy of Dragon Quest IV gets here but that's proably not going to happen.

Sabz5150
09-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Don't make me think about that @_@

I know off the top of my head I have the entire US PS1/PS2 Shin Megami Tensei lineup waiting, all of Shadow Hearts, Atelier Iris, Mana Khemia, Growlanser, etc. etc. etc.

Too long to list :puppydogeyes:

Lady Jaye
09-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Shadow Hearts 1 isn't that great a game, just so you know (horrible voice acting and a badly-explained Judgment Ring)... It had great potential though and I read that the sequel Covenant is much improved.

Lady Jaye
09-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh, and even though the backlogs can contain older games, since completion of games is more of a modern gaming element (I don't see many Atari 2600 games on anyone's backlog...), I will swoooosh this thread over at Modern Gaming. :)

Sudo
09-18-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't have any, since I started only playing one game at a time with this console generation. All of my PS3, 360 and DS games (with the exception of DQ IV that I just started yesterday) are finished. I have a few PS2, Gamecube and Xbox games (and a lot of PSX/N64/Saturn) games I never finished, but I've resigned myself to the fact that they will most likely never be completed, as there are far too many current-gen games coming out all the time for me to ever want to play most of the older ones again.

izarate
09-18-2008, 01:07 PM
393. And growing every week :(

YoshiM
09-18-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm guessing my backlog is probably in the high teens with modern games, though probably more in the high twenties/low thirties adding in some of my 16-to-64 bit titles. I don't really count PC games anymore as I hardly ever play on my PC anymore. And like others I tend to spend more time trying to pick a game than actually playing. I'd love to get back to that younger "I have to spend time with game as it's the only one I've got right now" mentality. Unfortunately I'm sometimes a sucker for sales.

SpaceHarrier
09-18-2008, 04:50 PM
About 200 or so games in various genres.

PapaStu
09-18-2008, 04:53 PM
**snicker**

DS alone i'm looking at +/- 175 titles, and thats just even playing for the first time, let alone what i've got that i'm playing through, or have started and walked away from. I won't even mention PlayStation or PS2 backlogs, its bigger than anyones total listed thus far. All told, i'd guess that i'm looking at a 1100+ game backlog if I was to guess the bare minimum.

roushimsx
09-18-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty much in the same boat as 'stu, though my backlog has far more PC, less DS and PS1. For reference, right now I'm playing through the Build engine games and am having a blast with Sunstorm Interactive's expansion packs. I'll probably play the Access Software adventure games and possible some of Origin's back catalog after these, assuming I don't get caught up in some PS2/PS3 games. Or Gamecube, because I really do need to screen capture all of the GC port of BG&E. Among other titles.

Well into the high hundreds and easily hitting 1k. There's really not enough time in the day, man.

Shadow Hearts 1 isn't that great a game, just so you know (horrible voice acting and a badly-explained Judgment Ring)... It had great potential though and I read that the sequel Covenant is much improved.

I really liked Shadow Hearts' gameplay even if the story was a bit wonky at times. The length and pacing were just right and the judgment ring system is fresh and interesting enough to keep the gameplay interesting and enjoyable. I'm really looking forward to playing the sequels...one day. :(

BHvrd
09-18-2008, 06:10 PM
487. Mostly RPGs. I'm screwed. :)

Lol, I can sympathize. QFT.

KEVMAN569
09-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Heh.

Try listing all your games at backloggery.com :P

This helps me very much! I was looking for something like this.

skaar
09-18-2008, 06:44 PM
I try not to think about it. I figure one day if I end up unemployed sitting at home on a pension I'll have some time to play through them all. I mainly buy to collect these days.

Pantechnicon
09-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Strictly on the "modern" front it's grown to somewhere between 15 and 20 titles across PS2/X-Box/GC. Those 25% Gamestop coupons Sniderman was making available over the last few weeks did not help the situation much. @_@

heybtbm
09-18-2008, 07:00 PM
After my wife and I had our daughter last May, my gaming time pretty much dried up completely. Therefore just about every game I buy now is immediately relegated to my "backlog". My purchasing habits haven't changed...just my available time. At this point, my gaming backlog seems like it's increasing exponentially.

During a regular day, I have 15-30 minute pockets of time to play something and it's usually DS or PSP. Essentially something that I can immediately put down if I have to. I only can turn on the 360 or PS3 when my daughter is asleep (an hour here, two hours there)...and at this point that's almost never. Console gaming (95% of my backlog) is quickly becoming a distant memory.

DKTheArcadeRat
09-18-2008, 07:39 PM
A lot.

DigitalSpace
09-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Even if I limited the total to systems discussed in Modern Gaming, it'd still be too many to count.

SEGA_Queen
09-18-2008, 11:33 PM
I have no idea. I lost track a while ago. Like several other people who posted here, I've got a load of RPGs to beat. (Both Lunars, Grandia, all the PS1 Final Fantasy games, and many, many more!) Not to mention all the platformers I haven't finished yet.

Oh crud! I just remembered that I haven't even beaten the final level/bosses of Sonic Adventure 2 yet, and I've had the game for 6-7 years now!

*Sigh* so many games, so little time.

The 1 2 P
09-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Ugh, thanks for bringing this up. Most likely 500, atleast 200 of which are still factory sealed and probably 480 that have never been touched. I sometimes wonder if I should try to play them all or just sell them.

Cobra Commander
09-18-2008, 11:46 PM
I don't even want to talk about it. So many RPG's it makes my head hurt.
One of the ones I regret not finishing the most right now is Rule of Rose. What a damn cool game. I was begging and begging for that game to be released in the US. When it was, I bought, it played for about 11 hours, got stuck and quit. How fucking sad is that?

Jorpho
09-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Yes, the backlog is depressing.

Rather clever idea in Ebert's column today (http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=ANSWERMAN): overcome indecision by playing through things in alphabetical order!

Except I think I want to finish playing Phoenix Wright first. And there's all those Final Fantasy games too. And so on...

Nature Boy
09-19-2008, 02:00 PM
My backlog is the *biggest* reason I went with only one machine so far this gen. At present I have only one game on the backlog. I had two, but I beat GTA IV which meant I could start up TOB again.

I consider all the stuff I bought last Gen that I haven't really spent any quality time on a lost cause at this point. Yeah I'll get around to playing it , but my focus is on this gen and beating the games I buy not *too* long after I buy em. Everything else is gravy.