PDA

View Full Version : Persona 4 "expansion pack" pre-orders on amazon.com

mailman187666
10-09-2008, 03:00 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H14C8C?ie=UTF8&tag=atlus-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001H14C8C

got an email from the Atlus faithful newsletter telling me about this. Its not a limited edition version of the game, it just a bonus package with a bunch of shit thrown in.

-8"+ Teddie Plushie (persona 4's little mascot character)

-a "Konohana Sakuya" XL Tshirt (the persona of one of the main characters)

-the "side B" soundtrack CD by composer Shoji Meguro. Its all the tracks that weren't put onto the soundtrack already comming with each copy of the game.

-last but not least, a 2009 Persona 4 calender.

it seems like this package wouldn't really appeal to people who aren't fans of the series, but I, for one, am a big fan of the series myself. It costs $30 for the set of extras listed above, or you can get both the game and the extras for $66.98. Not sure what the shipping would be but it looks like there is a way to get free shipping. This doesn't look like its for everybody but I'm sure Persona fans would like this one. I'm considering it myself.

GnawRadar
10-09-2008, 04:08 PM
I saw this and immediately said: "I must have it."

I think it's awesome and together for $67 that is cheaper than most special edition game packages that come out nowadays and it comes with a lot more and cooler stuff! The only problem will be buying this stuff and then making the choice to open and use the calendar and wear the t-shirt and possibly ruining them.

eskobar
10-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Agree with both of you; i pre-ordered right away after receiving that e-mail; ATLUS has been playing more attention to special packages.

To me, no company has filled the gap that WORKING DESIGNS left a segment of the industry but ATLUS is going that way.

a time machine could de useful in times like this :(

jedimind7
10-09-2008, 07:01 PM
I have never gotten special editions or extra items when I buy video games however, being such a huge fan of the Persona series I think im going to have to make an exception and get this.

carlcarlson
10-09-2008, 07:51 PM
The plushie would be cool, but other than that it's blah for me. I don't need a calendar laying around that I have to worry about bending, and I sure as heck don't need an XL shirt.

It seems like every time a shirt is included it's XL. I guess the gaming community is supposed to be made up entirely of fatties.

scooterb23
10-09-2008, 11:19 PM
It seems like every time a shirt is included it's XL. I guess the gaming community is supposed to be made up entirely of fatties.

And most of us fatties are thinking "Goddammit, why can't they release shirts in something for us non-waifs"

exit
10-09-2008, 11:39 PM
I think I'll stick with the regular release, which I'm sure won't be as fancy looking as Persona 3 was, but the plus side is no delays because of a faulty book spine.

LiquidPolicenaut
10-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this. For some reason, I never got the Atlus email :( I was gonna preorder anyway but now I decided to get the game and this goodies package. It's nice to know that I will STILL be buying a very good, high quality (i.e.- non-budget) new PS2 game in Dec of 2008. The PS2 refuses to go down! :)

darkslime
10-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Why can't a company that makes bad games fuck us over instead atlus? Then I could boycott them and still play persona 4.

Seriously, this crap should be a preorder bonus or maybe $10 more as an LE set. No way its worth $30.

eskobar
10-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Why can't a company that makes bad games fuck us over instead atlus? Then I could boycott them and still play persona 4.

Seriously, this crap should be a preorder bonus or maybe $10 more as an LE set. No way its worth $30.

Seriously you think this package is worth 10 bucks ?????? :monkey:

The shirt alone is worth 15 to 20 bucks alone ... this package is really interesting and atlus made a very good decision to release this package as expansión pack, do not complain, JUST DO NOT BUY IT !!!!!!!!

GnawRadar
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Seriously you think this package is worth 10 bucks ?????? :monkey:

The shirt alone is worth 15 to 20 bucks alone ... this package is really interesting and atlus made a very good decision to release this package as expansión pack, do not complain, JUST DO NOT BUY IT !!!!!!!!

QFT.

This is a pretty good deal considering the total for the whole package is only $70 incomparison to a new XBOX360/PS3 Limited Edition for $70 that only comes with a poster or a bonus DVD or just a shiny case.

carlcarlson
10-10-2008, 01:17 PM
I dunno, I don't see $30 there. The plushie is cool to be sure, but the tshirt is about $10, the calendar is a freebie, and Atlus has given soundtracks away plenty of times. I prefer figures and that sort of thing.

eskobar
10-10-2008, 03:22 PM
I dunno, I don't see $30 there. The plushie is cool to be sure, but the tshirt is about $10, the calendar is a freebie, and Atlus has given soundtracks away plenty of times. I prefer figures and that sort of thing.

Side B Soundtrack
Teddie Plush
T Shirt
Calendar

Caledar as a freebie ?? .... mmmm do not think so, why should they give away all those items for free !?, the materials and work hours are also free for Atlus ??

Let's remember that the game comes already packaged with a soundtrack and if you preorder on Amazon you can be lucky to get a free artbook.

The game alone is worth 40 usd and you have the choice to buy the expansion or not, but question the value of the package is abusive :wink 2:

mailman187666
10-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Well I ordered the whole package with the game and the expansion pack bonus. 67.99 is what it came to be with the super savers free shipping. It'll come in a little later but I'll have plenty of other games to play up till then. I'll probably still be working on Fallout 3 by the time Persona 4 comes out. I plan on hanging up the calendar, wearing the shirt, and I'll probably let the cats play with the plushie and put the CD away for safe keeping. If anything gets fucked up a little bit, oh well, I got my money worth out of them lol.

carlcarlson
10-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Side B Soundtrack
Teddie Plush
T Shirt
Calendar

Caledar as a freebie ?? .... mmmm do not think so, why should they give away all those items for free !?, the materials and work hours are also free for Atlus ??

Let's remember that the game comes already packaged with a soundtrack and if you preorder on Amazon you can be lucky to get a free artbook.

The game alone is worth 40 usd and you have the choice to buy the expansion or not, but question the value of the package is abusive :wink 2:

Yeah, I'm sure the stuff is worth the money to a lot of people, just not me. I don't like printed materials, and an XL shirt would look ridiculous on skinny ol' me. I also don't enjoy listening to game soundtracks (I get enough of the music in the game). The plushie is cool, but that's about the only thing I'd want.

Look at me being all picky!

Aussie2B
10-10-2008, 06:27 PM
If you think video game promo shirts are big for you guys, try being a small woman. I guess I could maybe use it as a bed shirt, but it's definitely not something I'll be able to wear outside of the house. :( I can definitely use a 2009 calendar, though, and soundtracks are always awesome (but like I said about Ar tonelico 2, they really should only need to make one album).

Even though I haven't put more than an hour into Persona 3, I figured what the heck and ordered this, Persona 4, and Eternal Poison in one shot. Who knows if I'll get to the games any time soon after release, but it's worth picking up what may be the last few RPGs for PS2. Call it an experiment to see if these games actually become expensive later on.

And is it just me, or wouldn't it be wiser to make this special set include items that the fans are already familiar with? With all the stuff being exclusive to Persona 4, it's hard to stir up excitement about merchandise related to a game you haven't played, unless you've imported. I know I'd be much more excited about a Jack Frost plushie or something (I don't know if Jack Frost is actually in the Persona games, but it's all a part of the grand scheme of MegaTen).

Nate Nanjo
10-10-2008, 10:26 PM
I don't know if Jack Frost is actually in the Persona games, but it's all a part of the grand scheme of MegaTen).

Jack Frost is in the Persona games. I saw the bundle and I would have bought it if they had the Jack Frost Plushie.

PDorr3
10-11-2008, 02:45 AM
I pre-ordered, just because I think this stuff will be worth something in the future and I am hoping I really get into P4 as P3 really had a nice appeal but I never fully got into it.

mailman187666
10-13-2008, 11:19 AM
wasn't there a sidequest in Persona 3 that you had to find 3 Jack Frost Plushies? he is also a persona in that game as well. I would have want to go with a Jack Frost rather than Teddie in the set as well, but I'll take what they are offering because to me, it is worth the money.