PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 2 Network Adapter

Porksta
10-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I got one of these recently on a PS2 I bought. It said HDD so I thought it was the hard drive. After some research I found out it was the adapter. So what can you guys tell me about this? Do I need an installation disc? Is it even worth my time using it if nobody plays online?

heybtbm
10-19-2008, 08:22 PM
I got one of these recently on a PS2 I bought. It said HDD so I thought it was the hard drive. After some research I found out it was the adapter. So what can you guys tell me about this? Do I need an installation disc? Is it even worth my time using it if nobody plays online?

You don't need the installation disc to play most games. Mainly because the games that have online play have the online software right on the game disc. I don't know exactly how many online games are still operating, but I know the SOCOM and Battlefield 2:MC communities are still thriving with plenty of players.

Frankie_Says_Relax
10-19-2008, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't rule out needing a network setup disc.

Most of the SONY 1st party games have that integrated into the software ... but the 3rd party releases don't.

Even if you want to play PS2 games online games on a PS3 you'll need that network setup disc to create an online profile on a virtual PS2 memory card!

Sudo
10-19-2008, 11:48 PM
I wouldn't rule out needing a network setup disc.

Most of the SONY 1st party games have that integrated into the software ... but the 3rd party releases don't.

Even if you want to play PS2 games online games on a PS3 you'll need that network setup disc to create an online profile on a virtual PS2 memory card!

You can just download the necessary software on PSN for free now actually, no need for the disc.

Porksta
10-19-2008, 11:59 PM
You can just download the necessary software on PSN for free now actually, no need for the disc.

PS2 uses the PSN?

roushimsx
10-20-2008, 12:05 AM
PS2 uses the PSN?

His post was in response to:

Sudo
10-20-2008, 02:26 AM
His post was in response to:

Yeah, I probably should've clarified that a bit more.