PDA

View Full Version : Banjo Kazooie HD Original on Xbox Live available right now!

Princess-Isabela
11-13-2008, 06:10 PM
got my original banjo kazooie hd off xbox live, been playing it for little under an hour and already completed first two worlds(100% completion on each), this is what playing BK madly did hehe, I have this game completely memorized and know it fully in and out.
graphics have been significantly improved, framerate is perfect(no chugging from N64 version), runs in true widescreen, and sound seems to be fully remastered, sounds awesome!
controls and everything is perfect, I cannot wait to play it later today,
this is how ports/remakes should be done!
well done Rare
ps.still waiting for BKN&B to arrive, but my time is occupied with classic anyway
ps2.we're getting Banjo Tooie early in 2009 and that also excites me to no end as N64 version have been cursed with an awful dosage of framerate drops.
truly must have title, even if you own N64 version.

Vectorman0
11-13-2008, 06:16 PM
I thought this wasn't due out for a couple weeks because it was to be given out two weeks early with pre-orders of Nuts & Bolts.

BHvrd
11-13-2008, 06:31 PM
By chance did you like the Conker remake when they did that Princess-Isabela? Just curious.

Princess-Isabela
11-13-2008, 07:00 PM
By chance did you like the Conker remake when they did that Princess-Isabela? Just curious.

loved it as well.
there is something about Rareware games that bursts with magic.

@vectorman

that is correct, game is going to be released on 26th which is almost two weeks away but since there were no threads made specifically about it, I thought I'd give my impressions on it and make it an official thread for Original BK.

Dastardly Dylan
11-13-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm wondering if you get the game with preorders at stores like GameCrazy, where I pre-ordered my copy. I hope you can because I really wanna play it again!

RPG_Fanatic
11-13-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm wondering if you get the game with preorders at stores like GameCrazy, where I pre-ordered my copy. I hope you can because I really wanna play it again!

I picked mine up from Gamestop yesterday and they had a shit load of the pre-order. They were just giving them away! I guess no one pre-ordered it.

Princess-Isabela
11-14-2008, 12:28 AM

I know that gamecrazy runs this promotion as well so you should be fine.
ps.50 jiggies and 500 notes in under 3 hours, man is this game addicting ^^

otoko
11-14-2008, 12:41 AM
I know that gamecrazy runs this promotion as well so you should be fine.
ps.50 jiggies and 500 notes in under 3 hours, man is this game addicting ^^

I'm tempted to pre-order just to get the original game. I have no real interest in the new one just yet.

Princess-Isabela
11-14-2008, 03:49 AM
I'm tempted to pre-order just to get the original game. I have no real interest in the new one just yet.

well, if you did not already it may be quite impossible to do so right now as the game has already came out and I know for instance amazon ended pre-order promotion, probably other stores too.
if you won't be able to, original banjo will be available on 26th for download - for 1,200msp.

GrandAmChandler
11-14-2008, 10:02 AM
$15 dollars is an awful lot for Banjo.....

s1lence
11-14-2008, 11:15 AM
I got one on ebay for 10 bucks yesterday......lucky bid.

Sudo
11-14-2008, 01:04 PM
I got it with my N&B pre-order and am in love with the game all over again. I've actually only played N&B a little bit so far, I've been spending most of my gaming time on the original game. It's nice being able to get the fabled Ice Key and other Stop 'n' Swop items just by having a N&B save file, and they actually unlock things in N&B as well.

Princess-Isabela
11-14-2008, 01:09 PM
$15 dollars is an awful lot for Banjo.....

seriously?
I suppose game isn't dear to your heart...
you're getting here very lengthy, quality adventure for your money.
in my opinion it's totally worth it and then some but then again Banjo games are some of my favorite games of all time.
and getting probably N64 cart would run you similar amount of dough, but who would want to when you can choose remake that exceeds N64 version in pretty much every way(presentation wise naturally as the game is obviously the same).
and did I mention stop & swap function is finally properly used?

otoko
11-14-2008, 02:37 PM
seriously?
I suppose game isn't dear to your heart...
you're getting here very lengthy, quality adventure for your money.
in my opinion it's totally worth it and then some but then again Banjo games are some of my favorite games of all time.
and getting probably N64 cart would run you similar amount of dough, but who would want to when you can choose remake that exceeds N64 version in pretty much every way(presentation wise naturally as the game is obviously the same).
and did I mention stop & swap function is finally properly used?

Indeed. I purchased both and then I have a emulator for it. I would gladly pay 15$ for it because my N64 is almost always unplugged being one of my smaller and lesser played systems.

Trebuken
11-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, Banjo-Nuts and Bolts came out on the 11th or 12th.

Gamestop required you to pay in full when you preordered to get the original. My local store had a bunch of the Keys for the original left and offered me one, though they had already given it to me. I told them so....

The original does look much better than I expected it but I did not play it much yet...

Dastardly Dylan
11-14-2008, 05:48 PM
So, I managed to get my lazy ass up and get to go to GameCrazy to pick up my pre-order of Nuts & Bolts. I didn't get a code for downloading Banjo Kazooie on the XBLA, I even asked them and they said they didn't carry it, so that's sucks for me. Anyone wanna give me there code and be a good sport? :):):):)

So anyway, I came home and I gotta say, I am so disappointed and I can't believe Rare really screwed up on this game. One of my favorite games when I was a kid is now complete and total garbage.

Just kidding. I love every little bit of the game, the story is great and seeing the opening cutscene showing us back then when Banjo 1 & Tooie came out brought back many memories and seeing them now to present day as they were fat and overweight was hilarious.

Building vehicles is the best part of the game IMHO. It's so easy to use and parts are easy to put on and find in all different areas of each world, if you don't even wanna buy a car you can find or buy blueprints from other characters. The demo was great and the game itself is even better.

Complaints? Just one, the text is way too freakin' small. That's my major complaint. The 360 is in my brother's room and they don't have the 360 on a HD-TV, so it is kind of hard to read the text. What I have to do is put the contrast and brightness down in the game a little bit and everything is fine.

So yeah, if your a Banjo fan I highly recommend you pick this awesome game up. I have a lot of fun making vehicles and playing the game and exploring the town. Also it's only $39.99, and that is a steal! I'd also be willing to play online with anyone for fun! My gamertag is in the sig, so get at me playa's!

Dr. Dib
11-14-2008, 06:27 PM
My brother got a copy at GameStop, but they were out of the code. It seems to be a problem where some stores got too many codes and others got too few. If you e-mail GameStop with your preorder number you may get a download code. He's still waiting on a response from them though, but hopefully we'll get a copy. I wouldn't have had my brother preorder the game if this wasn't offered.

MachineGex
11-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Ran down to GameStop and picked both up. I had no idea they were giving the first Banjo away for free with preorders. I was planning on getting Nuts & Bolts for my son as a Xmas present so I am glad I read this thread. I can't believe I (almost)missed this offer. I did not see any signs or advertising about the bonus game. I am guessing the leftover codes are because a lot of customers did not know about it either. When you figure the value of the bonus game, Nuts & Bolts seems like a steal for $25.
Thanks for the heads up!

unwinddesign
11-14-2008, 10:37 PM
If you like 3D platformers, then you really owe it to yourself to put $15 aside and buy B-K.

Hi-res, no jaggie models and worlds plus Dolby Digital and what seems to be remastered sound effects AND Stop 'n Swop? I couldn't imagine this game looking this good when I was 9 years old and bought it on the day of release.

I haven't touched the new one, but the original is a really fantastic game. It's stood the test of time, easily.

Nesmaster
11-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Picked mine up Thursday, started BK last night. It's as good as I remember it being, albeit much shorter/smaller. Surely I can't be the only one noticing the massive/frequent slowdown in areas, though. Shame they couldn't lock the framerate down...

Played the NnB demo, left me with a sour taste but I took a gamble on the full version anyways just because it seemed like a good deal, getting the original for "free". I never REALLY base an opinion off of demos because I just can't get "into" them as if it were the full version. Maybe when I actually get into NnB I'll enjoy it. I'll dig into it a little bit, after I have my fill of classic BK. :)

Rob2600
11-15-2008, 01:09 PM
got my original banjo kazooie hd off xbox live

graphics have been significantly improved, framerate is perfect(no chugging from N64 version), runs in true widescreen

I just watched a hi-res Banjo-Kazooie comparison video on Gametrailers.com:

Game Trailers - Banjo-Kazooie N64/Xbox 360 Comparison hi-res (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41027.html)

From what I can tell, the graphics are the same as the N64 version, except the Xbox 360 version runs in widescreen at a higher resolution with a higher frame rate. It looks very good, but it's not a complete makeover/remake like Conker: Live & Reloaded was.

I just wanted to clear up any confusion.

Complaints? Just one, the text is way too freakin' small. That's my major complaint. The 360 is in my brother's room and they don't have the 360 on a HD-TV, so it is kind of hard to read the text.

Joystiq - Rare will fix SDTV Banjo-Kazooie text issue (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/05/rare-wont-fix-sdtv-banjo-kazooie-text-issue/)

Joystiq - Rare to fix Banjo-Kazooie's text issues after all (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/10/rare-to-fix-banjo-kazooies-text-issues-after-all/)

Rare is planning to release a patch within the next 30 days to fix the text on standard-definition TVs. (Originally, Rare wasn't going to fix the problem. (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=201084))

s1lence
11-15-2008, 01:27 PM
For achievement hunters there is a glitch that needs to be patched in the game as well.

Do not do the Bottle's Puzzle achievement until you have all 900 notes. If you do it before you have all 900 notes the missing notes will disappear and you will not be able to get the achievement. Deleting the save file does not fix the problem either.

Princess-Isabela
11-15-2008, 01:49 PM
I just watched a hi-res Banjo-Kazooie comparison video on Gametrailers.com:

Game Trailers - Banjo-Kazooie N64/Xbox 360 Comparison hi-res (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41027.html)

From what I can tell, the graphics are the same as the N64 version, except the Xbox 360 version runs in widescreen at a higher resolution with a higher frame rate. It looks very good, but it's not a complete makeover/remake like Conker: Live & Reloaded was.

[/URL])

hehe, of course it's not a complete overhaul but it's a significant improvement, it's not only resolution though.
there are details that have been cleaned up as well such as all the items you're collecting - on N64 items such as notes, mumbo tokens and so on were 2d rendered sprites that were blurry and pixelated to some extent, here they are looking awesome as they should in hd(with minor tweaks besides resolution).
sound has been also remastered and sounds better than ever.

Princess-Isabela
11-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Picked mine up Thursday, started BK last night. It's as good as I remember it being, albeit much shorter/smaller. Surely I can't be the only one noticing the massive/frequent slowdown in areas, though. Shame they couldn't lock the framerate down...

that's what I don't understand.
from what I gather multiple people are complaining about the slowdowns and such, but in my case experience has been totally opposite!
game has perfect framerate, all the slowdowns from N64 are not present here even when you're flying and looking at the whole world down at - perfect smoothness!
I'm at 800 notes and 89 jiggies(only 4 seasons left) and I hadn't experienced one single slowdown!
which is weird because even ign review mentioned slowdowns.
maybe I got super lucky ^^

s1lence
11-15-2008, 02:48 PM
IGN is on crack if they are saying there are slowdowns in the gameplay.

The only one I noticed at ALL was on the start up of the game that it looks for the storage location, which could have been caused by my 120gig being 75% full and having two memory cards in the system.

Princess-Isabela
11-15-2008, 02:53 PM
IGN is on crack if they are saying there are slowdowns in the gameplay.

The only one I noticed at ALL was on the start up of the game that it looks for the storage location, which could have been caused by my 120gig being 75% full and having two memory cards in the system.

well, on multiple occasions some people were complaining about slowdowns in original on xbox live, so that makes you wonder why they are experiencing slowdowns on their system...

MachineGex
11-15-2008, 02:54 PM
I am getting pretty good slowdown in a few areas. It was fairly bad but only lasted about 5 seconds. I will make a note of what areas I am seeing it.

Princess-Isabela
11-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I am getting pretty good slowdown in a few areas. It was fairly bad but only lasted about 5 seconds. I will make a note of what areas I am seeing it.

excellent, give us some details.

unwinddesign
11-15-2008, 05:22 PM
I got some frame rate drops in areas of Mumbo's Mountain, especially inside the termite nest. Haven't played any further, but it's not a game killer. I don't remember the slowdown in the N64 version; I doubt I even knew what it was when I was 9, anyway.

But yeah, to sum it up: there's slowdown. And there shouldn't be. But Banjo-Kazooie is still fuckin' awesome, and it doesn't happen super often.

Princess-Isabela
11-15-2008, 05:36 PM
I got some frame rate drops in areas of Mumbo's Mountain, especially inside the termite nest. Haven't played any further, but it's not a game killer. I don't remember the slowdown in the N64 version; I doubt I even knew what it was when I was 9, anyway.

But yeah, to sum it up: there's slowdown. And there shouldn't be. But Banjo-Kazooie is still fuckin' awesome, and it doesn't happen super often.

well, I didn't have any slowdowns whatsoever and I just completed game 100%(100 puzzles, 900 notes - eight hours, not bad ^^),
try to clear cache on your 360 hard drive, that may help.

badinsults
11-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Man, I got some points today hoping to get the game, but it isn't available until two weeks from now!

Princess-Isabela
11-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Man, I got some points today hoping to get the game, but it isn't available until two weeks from now!

it comes in exactly 11 days, sucks I know.

Sudo
11-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Game ran flawlessly for me the whole time. I completed it 100% last night and enjoyed it as much this time as I did on the N64.

s1lence
11-16-2008, 10:11 AM
I played it again last night, no slow downs for me. Sad that given how much I played it on the N64 I don't remember were anything is in the game.

codyz1112594
11-16-2008, 12:16 PM
That would be the only reason EVER for me to get a 360..... Banjo and Kazooie rule

Leo_A
11-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Is this only available presently if you have the preorder code? I could only see things like a trailer listed for the game when I tried to get the demo last night.

Princess-Isabela
11-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Is this only available presently if you have the preorder code? I could only see things like a trailer listed for the game when I tried to get the demo last night.

yes, it's only available for people who preordered nuts & bolts at participating retailers.
ps.nuts & bolts is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!
played seven hours straight yesterday and couldn't stop playing,
system seller if you're a Banjo fan.

Leo_A
11-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Not really, too much collecting for my taste. I prefer SM64 style 3d platformers that more heavily lean toward completing goals (Though it has its fair share of collecting too when you do the 100 coin and 8 red coin objectives, which were by far my least favorite portions of that game...).

I see it comes out to the general public later in the month, I'm mostly curious what it would be like playing a N64 game redone on XBLA. I want to see how well of a job they did, and hopefully the series will finally pull me in. So I'm sure I'll be checking it out when it releases, along with Banjo Tooie later this winter.

Princess-Isabela
11-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Not really, too much collecting for my taste. I prefer SM64 style 3d platformers that more heavily lean toward completing goals (Though it has its fair share of collecting too when you do the 100 coin and 8 red coin objectives, which were by far my least favorite portions of that game...).

I see it comes out to the general public later in the month, I'm mostly curious what it would be like playing a N64 game redone on XBLA. I want to see how well of a job they did, and hopefully the series will finally pull me in. So I'm sure I'll be checking it out when it releases, along with Banjo Tooie later this winter.

Rareware knows how to handle their games, they did a fantastic job on BK and don't get me even started on Banjo Tooie!
BK was having little to no issues with framerate on N64, it was Banjo Tooie that was plagued by slowdowns through its entirety because worlds were humongous and N64 just couldn't keep up at all, so I'm extremely excited about it being redone for XBLA.

Nesmaster
11-16-2008, 04:04 PM
So coming off of the demo pretty sour, The full version hooked me in right away and I haven't been able to put the damn game down! I wasn't expecting much but at $39.99 with the free code for Banjo XBLA, you really don't get much more gaming goodness dollar for dollar than this.

No slowdown in Nuts n Bolts, the slowdown I was referring to before was in Banjo XBLA. I had thought of clearing my cache while it was stuttering so I'll try that before I fire it up again... that is if I can put NnB down! LOL

carlcarlson
11-17-2008, 08:20 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42792.html

Gametrailers' review pretty much confirmed my worries about Nuts & Bolts which really sucks because I think the world looks amazing. I'll still try it again if I come across it, but right now I think I'll stick to the originals if I want to play some Banjo.

Nesmaster
11-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Just finished the game now and grabbed all the single player achievements except the stop n swop one. The game hooked me a lot harder than I ever could have imagined. While I'd like to see the franchise return to "true" platforming, Nuts N Bolts is still a quality game.

Going to try out multiplayer, and then I'm off the finish up Banjo XBLA. :)

Princess-Isabela
11-17-2008, 05:17 PM
finally got my game in the mail yesterday and have been playing it all day long, and even though I'm only about 50 jiggies in(been playing almost 18 hours straight and I cannot stop!), I know that this is my game of the year!!!
this game feels like a true sequel to banjo kazooie, tooie, even though formula is a bit different, it feels completely like next huge Banjo Adventure, you guys gotta check it now.
completely mind blowing adventure

Princess-Isabela
11-22-2008, 02:35 PM
here's a scoop for you guys, Banjo Kazooie is available for grabs today!!!

even though game officially doesn't come for another week and a half, you can purchase it already!

here's the instructions:

this page is normally not available, so enjoy!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/en-EN/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-000058410954

buy it, - voila, you have BKHD on your 360 ready to play today,
have fun ^^

Nesmaster
11-22-2008, 07:58 PM
So, I found out why the game was stuttering like crazy for me. 1080p upscaling = horrible framerate stuttering. If you play this game, set your system to 720p. Silky smooth for me now! :)

unwinddesign
11-23-2008, 08:24 PM
So, I found out why the game was stuttering like crazy for me. 1080p upscaling = horrible framerate stuttering. If you play this game, set your system to 720p. Silky smooth for me now! :)

That makes sense, but it's wholly unacceptable considering the game is a remake of an N64 game. There's no complex lighting, shadows or much of jack shit going on that should make the 360 remotely sweat, let alone stutter and slowdown. Even if it was in like 9900p. Christ.

Still a fun game, but there's no way I'd ever turn the settings on my 360s down to play it without slowdown. It stings a bit worse considering the game is $15. Hopefully this crap isn't in the BT remake and they get it right. Not like it'll influence my decision anyway, since Banjo is one of my favorite games of all time, so I'll be buying regardless. I just think that this BK remake could be better...

Princess-Isabela
11-24-2008, 02:58 AM
That makes sense, but it's wholly unacceptable considering the game is a remake of an N64 game. There's no complex lighting, shadows or much of jack shit going on that should make the 360 remotely sweat, let alone stutter and slowdown. Even if it was in like 9900p. Christ.

Still a fun game, but there's no way I'd ever turn the settings on my 360s down to play it without slowdown. It stings a bit worse considering the game is $15. Hopefully this crap isn't in the BT remake and they get it right. Not like it'll influence my decision anyway, since Banjo is one of my favorite games of all time, so I'll be buying regardless. I just think that this BK remake could be better...

moan and b!tch, that's what internet is for, right? *sigh...
I don't know if that 1080p thing is true, my friends didn't experience it(I play at 720p/1080i).

NE146
11-24-2008, 03:36 AM
Oh it's totally true.. the game definitely has slowdown especially in water. And the suggestion above really does work. I simply switch to 720p and bam.. the slowdown is gone. Thanks for the advice :)

but there's no way I'd ever turn the settings on my 360s down to play it without slowdown.

I don't see what the big deal is.. switch to 720p when playing Banjo.. then switch it back up for everything else. Couple of clicks :p

And to be honest, most stuff on the 360 looks fine in 720p anyway (is there any 1080p stuff?) so it really isn't all that serious.

carlcarlson
11-24-2008, 08:23 AM
And to be honest, most stuff on the 360 looks fine in 720p anyway (is there any 1080p stuff?) so it really isn't all that serious.

There's only a handful of 1080p games (http://www.makeyougohmm.com/xbox360-1080p-games), and most of them you can do without. Bioshock in 1080p though.... oh my.

Nature Boy
11-24-2008, 10:33 AM
So coming off of the demo pretty sour, The full version hooked me in right away and I haven't been able to put the damn game down!

I took a look at the demo too and came away sour. What was different? What changed your mind? I don't *want* to want N&B, but I am curious as to what the attraction is outside the typical love for Rare.

For me, the demo was too much like starting the real game up, rather than a quick and dirty idea of what type of gameplay and control I could expect. The availability of Demos is brilliant IMO, but games companies definitely need to think about what to put inside the demo or they work opposite to how they are intended. I'm trying your game because I'm interested, but I have no reason to keep at something I've just downloaded for free. I've got six other things to check out (Left 4 Dead next on my list of Demos to try)

Princess-Isabela
11-24-2008, 10:42 AM
patch should definitely fix this.
and Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts is easily my game of the year, 32 hours in, almost got everything.
this game is ingenious.

NE146
11-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Just to clarify, the 720p slowdown fix is for the original Banjo Kazooie game.

I have yet to try out Nuts & Bolts, but word around town is everyone who gives it a chance is surprised at how good it is. I'll give my opinion on it when I actually give it a shot after BK1 :p

unwinddesign
11-24-2008, 03:06 PM
It's really the principle of the thing. I bought a 1080p TV (erm, multiple 1080p TVs) so I could see content in 1080p. It's not "moaning and bitching," it's an advertised feature on the system. If they couldn't get it to run correctly in 1080p, then the game should automatically be output in 720p with no upscaling, instead of forcing me to change it myself. Change it every time I want to play a game? That's a terrible solution. My time is more valuable than that.

I don't see why everyone is ignoring the fact there is slowdown in this $15 game, and there shouldn't be. It's pitiful, and it sucks. Now, since I got the game for free with Nuts 'n Bolts, I'm willing to be forgiving about it, and since B-K is one of my top 3 games of all time, I can let it slide. But the fact remains that there are many prettier, more intensive games on both XBLA and in retail that don't have framerate drops. Is it a game killer? No, not even close. It's just a nuisance, and it shouldn't be there. I'll live. Slowdown doesn't bother me a shitload anyway, it just shows a lack of testing or care on the developers' part.

It's just generally annoying to me that a lot of games these days are being released with glitches or stupid oversights that shouldn't be there. Geometry Wars Evolved was $5 and glitch-free. Castle Crashers was $15 and had the most fucked up save system ever (or lack thereof). BK was $15 and has slowdown that is simply "WTF" to me. When I pay $15 for a ten year old game, it better not have technical difficulties on a system released TWO generations later. Hell, when I pay $15 for an arcade game, I expect a cut above in quality. And yeah, in gameplay and nostalgia, BK delivers in spades. But it doesn't bode well for BT that BK, a much less taxing/expansive game, has slowdown.

It really doesn't bother me as much as my rants would suggest, I just really wish that developers took more care in testing their product before it hits the Marketplace.

NE146
11-24-2008, 03:15 PM
I actually agree it's bullshit about the slowdown on Banjo Kazooie on the higher resolutions. It was pissing me off to no end (not to mention laughing at the thought that the 360 would be choking to play an N64 GAME LOL). But I guess I was just so happy that changing to 720p made it all better so I forgot about it.

But yeah there's really no excuse for it in the first place. Why can't we play it in 1080i and above without it being lousy?? You're absolutely right in that customers SHOULDN'T have to adjust to 720p to get the game to play without issue. Strange stuff..

Princess-Isabela
11-24-2008, 03:15 PM
It's really the principle of the thing. I bought a 1080p TV (erm, multiple 1080p TVs) so I could see content in 1080p. It's not "moaning and bitching," it's an advertised feature on the system. If they couldn't get it to run correctly in 1080p, then the game should automatically be output in 720p with no upscaling, instead of forcing me to change it myself. Change it every time I want to play a game? That's a terrible solution. My time is more valuable than that.

I don't see why everyone is ignoring the fact there is slowdown in this $15 game, and there shouldn't be. It's pitiful, and it sucks. Now, since I got the game for free with Nuts 'n Bolts, I'm willing to be forgiving about it, and since B-K is one of my top 3 games of all time, I can let it slide. But the fact remains that there are many prettier, more intensive games on both XBLA and in retail that don't have framerate drops. Is it a game killer? No, not even close. It's just a nuisance, and it shouldn't be there. I'll live. Slowdown doesn't bother me a shitload anyway, it just shows a lack of testing or care on the developers' part.

It's just generally annoying to me that a lot of games these days are being released with glitches or stupid oversights that shouldn't be there. Geometry Wars Evolved was $5 and glitch-free. Castle Crashers was $15 and had the most fucked up save system ever (or lack thereof). BK was $15 and has slowdown that is simply "WTF" to me. When I pay $15 for a ten year old game, it better not have technical difficulties on a system released TWO generations later. Hell, when I pay $15 for an arcade game, I expect a cut above in quality. And yeah, in gameplay and nostalgia, BK delivers in spades. But it doesn't bode well for BT that BK, a much less taxing/expansive game, has slowdown.

It really doesn't bother me as much as my rants would suggest, I just really wish that developers took more care in testing their product before it hits the Marketplace.

as far as HD sets go, most people have 720p/1080i, so 1080p might have get overlooked.
let's hope they will fix the slowdown from 1080p, until then - just play it and enjoy it, it's fantastically made remake(legendary stop 'n' swop is in it too).

Nesmaster
11-24-2008, 04:12 PM
I took a look at the demo too and came away sour. What was different? What changed your mind? I don't *want* to want N&B, but I am curious as to what the attraction is outside the typical love for Rare.

I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe I just don't like demos. I have a hard time spending any real time on them because you aren't "progressing". They're nice for some games, but a game as involved as NnB well, it's hard for me to get lost in a demo for more than a few minutes.

Maybe the demo just had a poor level choice, because by the time you do get to those missions in the real game, you have much better parts and it's easier to create a vehicle for each situation (more power, better tires, the ability to fly for example).

I guess you could say that the game eases you in (with the whole vehicle aspect/easier missions) rather than being thrown into the demo without a clue in the world.

Dastardly Dylan
11-26-2008, 07:30 AM
Isn't Banjo Kazooie supposed to be a full download on the XBL Arcade today? If so, I went to thier arcade page and it's still not available. What the hell?

Leo_A
11-26-2008, 01:46 PM
I think I saw the other day that its been pushed back into December.

Princess-Isabela
11-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Isn't Banjo Kazooie supposed to be a full download on the XBL Arcade today? If so, I went to thier arcade page and it's still not available. What the hell?

they pushed it to december 3rd.

RPG_Fanatic
11-26-2008, 02:32 PM
I've had that game for over a week. I got it free when I pre-ordered the nuts & bolt game. On my gamer card it says I played it last on the 16th of November.

Princess-Isabela
11-26-2008, 04:15 PM
I've had that game for over a week. I got it free when I pre-ordered the nuts & bolt game. On my gamer card it says I played it last on the 16th of November.

yeah, I've been playing it since november 14th but game is exclusive only to those who preorder nuts & bolts until december 3rd, when it will go up for sale for 1,200 msp.