PDA

View Full Version : MOTO GP XBOX Variant?

Diatribal Deity
02-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Has anyone ever seen this cover art for Moto GP for XBOX? Where did I get this from? There is no barcode on back which leads me to believe it either came from a bundle, was a display box at one time, or was a promo copy. Any ideas? I would have obtained it around when the game was launched. It is sealed in plastic (not standard factory) with what I hope is the game and instructions, but has no security seal. I do remember Microsoft sending new promo titles around the holiday, but they were usually retail versions with the typical NFR sicker if anything. Thanks in advance for any help with this as it is a mystery to me.

ProgrammingAce
02-16-2009, 10:13 PM
*Every* Xbox title that comes out of a packaging plant must have that sticker on the side (Called an RTS spine label, if anyone's curious for the Royalty Tracking System). It's probably a gamestop (or similar) promo box.

The print quality doesn't look right either. Are you sure there's a disk in there?

Diatribal Deity
02-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Opened it up and the sleeve is double sided. Other side has retail release art work. Disc and manual were brand new. I think this may have been used when companies had there vendor of the month through EB, but I think in later incarnations they would put the FOR DISPLAY ONLY and they were usually one sided. Very strange though...

Dangerboy
02-16-2009, 11:19 PM
It's a real cover. There's quite a few Xbox games that had double sided covers. New Legends, the moto GP, etc. I think it was THQ(?) that had them.

Diatribal Deity
02-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Never noticed it before, but then again I've just jumped back into catching up a little with my Xbox. Thanks again for the info...I learned a few things from both your responses.