PDA

View Full Version : God of War III Confirmed To Release This Year

The 1 2 P
02-20-2009, 08:04 PM
It looks like Sony's PS3 will get another killer app (http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/208942/confirmed-god-of-war-iii-is-coming-out-this-year/) this year. Early speculation was that this game wouldn't release until Q1 2010 but now Sony has another AAA game releasing this year. I definitely want to play this game but for now my copies of GOW 1 and 2 on my PS2 have to keep me content. On the plus side, this has now become Sony's biggest release of 2009, even bigger than Killzone 2.

skaar
02-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Noooo you said killer app :(

Trebuken
02-21-2009, 03:16 PM
They gave God of War 3 alot of attention on Xplay last week. It looked awesome...I'm hav having a hard time coming up with anything on any system that could be bigger. Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 maybe...perhaps something secretive from Nintendo...

chicnstu
02-21-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm hav having a hard time coming up with anything on any system that could be bigger[...]...perhaps something secretive from Nintendo...

Satoru said that the software they show at E3 this year will really boost Wii's sales. After a disappointing E3 last year and Miyamoto getting sad during the event because of all the "Where are the games?" questions (it felt like he wanted to say a lot more about what they are working on), there's a good chance that there will be at least one very good game shown.

carlcarlson
02-21-2009, 07:59 PM
They gave God of War 3 alot of attention on Xplay last week. It looked awesome...I'm hav having a hard time coming up with anything on any system that could be bigger. Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 maybe...perhaps something secretive from Nintendo...

I have never anticipated a game as much as Diablo 3. That is just going to be insane.

Of course I don't think it's coming out this year, so God of War 3 should be ok!

BHvrd
02-22-2009, 02:57 AM
I have never anticipated a game as much as Diablo 3. That is just going to be insane.

Of course I don't think it's coming out this year, so God of War 3 should be ok!

Very true and PC gaming is in extreme need of a game such as Diablo 3, sure Dragon Age Origins is coming out, but people recognize the name "Diablo" and it recreates memories and nostalgia, something PC gaming is in dire need of!

God of War 3, though not as classic and memorable as some is still a recognized gem of a game. Personally though I wonder when Sony is ever going to make a new Twisted Metal! To "me" that would be "exciting" as far as Sony and Playstation is concerned.

Zap!
02-24-2009, 10:36 PM

Punch-Out!! is their biggest game of the year. At least it should be, but they aren't promoting it much.

JunkTheMagicDragon
02-25-2009, 09:08 AM
sony apparently meant fiscal year 2009, which for them extends though march 2010. so gow may slip, although i'm sure they'd love to hit that xmas money.

http://www.destructoid.com/captain-obvious-god-of-war-iii-probably-coming-in-2010-122691.phtml

and +1 on the d3 anticipation. it's the one game that'll force me to load up my credit card to build a new computer.