PDA

View Full Version : Lost Planet 2: big deal?

carlcarlson
02-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Did anyone else see the big reveal trailer on Live? They had the dude from Resident Evil 5 (sorry, couldn't find his name) do a quick lead-up, saying fans have been asking for it yada yada. It got me all excited to see what this huge Capcom sequel was going to be. I couldn't imagine what series they could be working with, but he had me convinced that fans had been demanding this thing for awhile.

Needless to say I was pretty disappointed when I saw it was Lost Planet 2. I never played the first one, but I always gathered that it was good, but not great. Are people actually excited for this game?

BHvrd
02-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Lost Planet was a pretty damn good game, yes indeed, but announcing something like a next gen Megaman all souped up and what not would have been more shocking and amazing.

Looks cool though, really cool, Capcom just won't stop with the kicking ass.

makaar
02-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Although the announcement was pretty neat regardless, I, too, was disappointed. I mean, I was expecting bad news or something big about RE5...or even some new project...and then I saw the snow and such and knew it had to be a sequel to Lost Planet...which is by far not a bad game, but still not worth front page news, in my opinion. Still hope for the best though, it looks stellar regardless, just have seen a lot better games never get a highlight like that.

Oobgarm
02-23-2009, 11:13 PM
I would be if I could get into the original. I really tried to like it but something just didn't 'click' for me.

The 1 2 P
02-24-2009, 01:46 AM
This was the second biggest dissapointing game announcement in recent memory. We all knew they were going to make a sequel to this(the original sold over a million units) but to act like people were demanding it like it was the next Halo, Resident Evil, FF or GTA is just bull shit. The only announcement worse than this was the next Metal Gear going to iphone. Um.....ok, but why hype something stupid like that? And why hype this when it's one of those "half the people liked it/half the people hated it" titles.

If Capcom was going to start out the announcement with "people and fans have been asking and demanding for this sequel very strongly", they should have followed it up with footage of Marvel Vs Capcom 3 or some other title that we can believeably see being in demand. But Lost Planet 2? FAIL!!

Trebuken
02-24-2009, 08:47 AM
Lost Planet was a great game that didn't get the attention it should have. I liked the annoucement. Better yet is that the game looked well along in developement...I'm thinking we'll see it in time for Christmas...

I'm not sure it justified the 'reveal' it got but I'm not complaining.

heybtbm
02-24-2009, 09:23 AM
I thought Lost Planet ended up being kind of boring. I played the E3 demo non-stop when it came out. When LP finally came out 7 months later, I couldn't wait and bought it on release day. 2 years later...I still haven't finished it. Multiplayer was horrible.

I guess the real issue was Crackdown coming out a few weeks later. My attention shifted and I never went back to Lost Planet.

maxlords
02-24-2009, 09:56 AM
IMO Lost Planet was one of Capcom's best games of the last few years. It takes some getting used to, but the controls are spot on, vary widely from mech to mech, and it's a damned fun game. I played the shit out of that one....was VERY disappointed by Colonies' announcement, and was really looking forward to a true sequel. I guess Capcom made it just for me :D

Famidrive-16
02-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Me that morning:

"OH YES MVC3... wait what's with the robots?"

The 1 2 P
02-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Me that morning:

"OH YES MVC3... wait what's with the robots?"

Exactly:?

chicnstu
02-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Lost Planet is my second favorite 360 game, behind Devil May Cry 4. I thought most people loved the game as much as I did. When I woke up yesterday morning and saw the picture, I thought "I hope it's about Lost Planet 2". The video played, I saw the snow and it was what I was hoping for.

At least I'll be happy when I buy it the day it comes out.

Vinnysdad
02-24-2009, 07:30 PM
I watched this video yesterday and was really dissapointed. Lost Planet was such a boring game and multi-player was even worse. At least in part 2 you wont just be staring at a white screen all the time.

Chainclaw
02-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Lost Planet is one of Capcom's ten best games from the past 15 years, I can't wait for a sequel.