PDA

View Full Version : Can the DSi do WPA?

Dobie
03-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Anybody know this? My home network uses WPA encryption, and the DS Lite does not support it. I would like to use the DS online without having to futz with my wifi settings everytime I do it. If not, I'll just stick to my DS Lite.

Clownzilla
03-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I think it does.

G-Boobie
03-11-2009, 02:26 PM
It does. In fact, it's the only reason I can see to upgrade :)

kupomogli
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Not region free and now costs as much as a PSP. Not worth it, though I can guarantee atleast 25% of the people who already own a DS will pick up the DSi.

Anyways. Saw this at the Gamestop page.

In addition to downloadable games, Nintendo DSi is able to play games made specifically for the system and sold at retail. The system can also play most Nintendo DS™ games, and will have access to a library of more than 850 titles originally made for that system.

Way to go Nintendo. We all know where this is leading. Nintendo will start creating their first party titles just for the DSi, forcing anyone interested in them to pick up that system.

Also, what's this? The system can also play "most" Nintendo DS games? Where is the "all" Nintendo DS games feature? I mean. It is the same system. That's like if XBOX 360 could play all 360 games, but when the Elite was released, it could only play 50% of them(it can play them all, but an example.) I doubt Nintendo means import titles when they say it can play "most."

heybtbm
03-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Also, what's this? The system can also play "most" Nintendo DS games? Where is the "all" Nintendo DS games feature? I mean. It is the same system.

As far as I can tell, the only DS games that won't work are the Guitar Hero titles (due to the lack of a GBA slot).

Graham Mitchell
03-11-2009, 03:10 PM
The rumble pack won't work either, in that case.

Ze_ro
03-13-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't suppose there is any way to convince the original DS to do WPA? Like, via hacked firmware or anything like that? This has always been a problem for me, since I refuse to use WEP on my home network.

--Zero