PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 bet ... easy money or trouble

mr obscure
03-14-2009, 09:48 PM
I took on a bet today a casual player en co worker has only 5000 achievement points after 1 year of gameplay.
I told him :man i could double that in 1 month.
He challengend me with a bet.

I have to get 10.000 achievement point in 30 days.
I already have 800 points because i have a 360(i only played oblivion)
and those points already count.
So i have to get 9200 points..

I can play all the games i want and $100 is on the line.(another co worker keeps the cash:p)
I know there are easy points to get like avatar.LOL

Do you guys have tips?
Are there more Easy achievement points games?

So..easy money or trouble?

gamesniper
03-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Avatar's the easiest. CSI, Lost, Phantasy Star Universe, and Enchanted Arms are pretty quick 1000-pointers as well. So is Two Worlds, and apparently a lot of the sports games. I think you are in no trouble.

jcalder8
03-14-2009, 10:44 PM
King Kong and Pimp my ride are also both easy 1000

Darren870
03-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Yea but where you going to get all these games from..

You need 10 games at least and thats if you get all 1000. Your spending like 40-50$ on rentals as it is...

I Dont think you will be able to do it.

but... the viva pinyata party animals game...you can rack up like 200-300 points in playing the game for like 5 mins.

Cryomancer
03-14-2009, 10:55 PM
play some wartech on the easiest setting. play through each story mode for 20ish point s acharacter, then do their score attacks for another set each.

that dash of destruction download game is also free and a pretty quick 200 points.

Gunface
03-14-2009, 11:56 PM
A lot of games have easier rewards early on. Like for finishing the tutorial or something. Try borrowing games from friends and just play through those easy points. Of course, it would suck to start a bunch of games and not get anywhere in them. I'm curious to see how this pans out.

c0ldb33r
03-15-2009, 12:36 AM
9200 in one month? Wow ... good luck with that. As for getting the games, blockbuster has unlimited rentals (one game at a time) for like 20 bucks. Just use that. Let us know how you make out. You should add a gamercard to your sig.

PapaStu
03-15-2009, 12:38 AM
This isn't hard to do, it'll just take some rentals (or buys), and some following of FAQ's and you'll be good to go.

Get the 2k6 sports games (Mlb 2k6, NHL 2k6, NBA 2k6) those are all FAST 1k's save for MLB. That one will take a 'little' work since the controls for batting are ass.

Avitar 5 minutes, 1k.

CSI: Hard Evidence, using the Walkthroughs, you can have all 1k is about 6-8 hours.

King Kong, 1k all earned via a normal play through, and will be another 6-8 hours.

Both Scene It's can net you close to 1k each pretty quickly. Some grinding will be needed to get the answer x questions in genres however.

Madden 06 will take 5-6 hours to get the stuff in-game and to do the 30 years of franchise. Franchise, if just played to play (except where you need to make sure you win, like the superbowl achievement) will take +/- 4 hours.

Turning Point: Fall of Man will take about 10 hours for 700

If you can load up the XBL Dorritos, and the couple of NFL fantasy football games, you can get another 500g in about 30 minutes to an hour.

If you're real good at tetris, get Tetris Evolution, that can be either real fast 1k, or it'll take time. Thats all skill.

The Sonic Genesis Collection you can get 950 in about an hour and a half, if you play the games only for achievements. The Mean Bean achievement might take some time.

Thats +/- 12k pretty that can be netted in 2 days if you're serious about it.

Nirvana
03-15-2009, 02:17 AM
This shouldn't be too bad. Sports games are definitely the way to go with this.

Nesmaster
03-15-2009, 03:03 AM
Civil War
Civil War Secret Missions
Cabela's African Safari
Cabela's Trophy Bucks
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2008
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009
TMNT
King Kong
All 2K6 Sports
Madden 06
NBA Live 06 (for 960)
X-Men
Fight Night Round 3
Cars
Cars Mater-National
Gun (great game too)
Fusion Frenzy 2
Open Season
Surf's Up
Jumper
Sonic's UGC
Dash of Destruction on XBLA - Free AND easy.
CSI is easy, but VERY boring
NFS Most Wanted
LOST Via Domus

Pick your poison... it's totally doable. All of these are ones I've done except Trophy Bucks Civil War SM and LOST, and I'm sure more easy games have come out since I quit chasing achievements.

Mayhem
03-15-2009, 10:24 AM
I heard Mercenaries 2 gives up 500-600 quite early on as well. But yeah, it looks quite doable... all the games I knew have been mentioned.

Cryomancer
03-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Mercs 2 will give some pretty quick yeah. If you did the proper activities and then burned through story mode you could probably get a few hundred out of Saints Row 2 fairly quick too. I think the FUZZ activities give you the Kobra guns, get those and it'll become much easier to speed through.

Nebagram
03-15-2009, 11:35 AM
I second Tetris Evolution as an easy source of cheap score. Seriously though, if you put your mind to it and go with the recommendations in this thread- not to mention excise your social life- you could hit 20K within a month.

DKTheArcadeRat
03-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Spiderman Friend or Foe, takes about 5-6 hours, and you can get 925G. The last 75 takes another hour or two.

jcalder8
03-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Spiderman Friend or Foe, takes about 5-6 hours, and you can get 925G. The last 75 takes another hour or two.
I forgot about this one but it's really easy too. Just don't bother for those last 75 because it's not worth the time.

mr obscure
03-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the support everybody.
I have no idea how to add a game card but ill keep you updated.

Step 1: borrow a lot of games from friends and check them out.
Step 2 :buy some games and trade them in later.
I saw these already CSI,king kong,tmnt 10 euro each.
Step 3: bye bye social life (for 1 month)
Ill try to buy them when the shop opends en return them in before closing time and pick another copie. (did this before wth wii games just to play them and check them out.)

played these games for fun today :RE 5 and arcade games disc (never thouched this game before)and added a whopping 300 points.

1100 points now tommorow ill start playing crap games fr points.

GM80
03-15-2009, 03:00 PM
NBA 2K6 is broken ... something to do with the latest Dashboard updates, maybe? ... and the achievements pour in very quickly. There were some that I know I didn't actually accomplish, but it game them to me anyway.

Set the AI skill sliders down all the way, set yours up all the way, start a game, and commence taking it to the hoop with one guy over and over again. I had all of 'em within a single game.

skaar
03-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Monopoly for 360 is also easy, especially with a friend playing ;)

Just finished TMNT and broke 20k :D

Emuaust
03-15-2009, 09:50 PM
:cough::cough: Fallout 3 pc :cough: :cough:

s1lence
03-16-2009, 09:44 AM
You will want to check www.xbox360achievements.org.

And then check out THIS thread : http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124704

I've gotten over 4000 point in under 2 hours so 10K in 30days....easy. (I'm on about a 12k month pace as we speak)

The 1 2 P
03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Step 1: borrow a lot of games from friends and check them out.
Step 2 :buy some games and trade them in later.
I saw these already CSI,king kong,tmnt 10 euro each.

This may not apply for you but see if your local library loans out games. It is becoming more and more a common practice over here in certain states, although it's still in the testing phase overall.

Ed Oscuro
03-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Pick your poison...
What a coincidence - that's exactly what I was thinking after seeing "Civil War" (this might be better than I give it credit; I've read some reviews of the PC games) and the Cabela's titles.

Hmm...that said, the man needs some quick Achievements. This seems like it'd be an expensive bet if you don't go the unlimited rentals route. Most of the 360 games I've seen throw out their Achievements fairly slowly.

I'd push Left 4 Dead here, but I find it really hard to control with the 360 controller. You can do quite a few of the Achievements quickly offline on Easy, however. A plus with this game: It's good and so you won't regret wasting your life on it afterwards. Bummer you can't trade points over from the PC version (on the other hand, that'd mean it would need to be a Games For Windows title...nevermind).

Nesmaster
03-17-2009, 03:09 AM
What a coincidence - that's exactly what I was thinking after seeing "Civil War" (this might be better than I give it credit; I've read some reviews of the PC games) and the Cabela's titles.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed CW as well, and want to play the Secret Missions expansion eventually. I also enjoy the Cabela hunting titles as well, but I will not touch the fishing one(s).

Sometimes I'm a sucker for these second/third-rate games... :)

If you want easy points AND good games, King Kong and Gun are both awesome launch games with easy achievements. Most Wanted takes 12 - 15 hours for the 1000 but it is also a good game and only requires finishing the story. Sonic... dabble in a bunch of Genesis classics for 5 - 45 minutes each achievement and you'll have the 1000 before you know it. TMNT is like 4-5 hours for 1000. I'd highly suggest staying away from the rest unless you're really determined to win the bet...

WhatsMyUsername
03-17-2009, 05:25 AM
it's possible i got around 5000 in 2 weeks and that was finishing achievements on games i already had not using any "easy" achievements other then dash of destruction.

Oobgarm
03-17-2009, 06:17 AM
I found that Eat Lead has some pretty easy achievements. I scored 8(out of 50) achievements on just the first level, and 95% of them are progession-based. The ones that aren't are pretty easy to get on your first story playthrough.

s1lence
03-17-2009, 08:13 AM
There is a code for Eat Lead so you can start out on the Maximum Hazard difficulty. It took me about 10 hours to get 905/1000.

The Sega/Sonic UGC is another fast game, 950/1000 in under 5 hours.

Buyatari
03-17-2009, 11:36 AM

The madden games are pretty easy. Pick the Patriots vs the bills and then super sim it. It plays for you and you still get the achievements. It fast forwards to the end and the rest of the the achievements you can get with 2 controllers playing 2 players. There are 4 maddens and the early ones are cheap.

Most 2006 sports are pretty easy from what I have been told except Tiger woods. I playuedHockey 2k6 is also easy.

Fight Night round 3 is pretty easy too. First go to settings and allow for low blows then hit the other guy in the nuts till he he turns blue.

King Kong I heard is very easy also cheap but I haven't played.

Monopoly is pretty easy just started playing that one myself.

CSI is easy just follow an online guide.

s1lence
03-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Oh, I almost forgot, Madden 08 and 09 almost all the achievements can be had simming the games.

mr obscure
03-21-2009, 06:10 PM
UPDATE

my score so far : 2761
end date : April 13

Borrowing a lot of games from friends and i played resident evil 5.
My first 1K game CSI hard evidence.(bought it for $10)

I like the series so i played the game.
Its a easy 1K you can do nothing wrong.
they said that these episodes where made for the game,but i think they where cancelled bad ones.

Traded in CSI and a DS game and got 2 new games for them at a second hand shop.
King Kong and NBA 2k6

No time to talk must play..

mr obscure
03-23-2009, 11:24 AM
http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gamecard.jpg
http://[IMG]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3136/gamecard.jpg (http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gamecard.jpg)[/IMG

Traded in nba 2k6 ( told the guy from the shop the game sucks:popcorn:)
and took Gun wih me for the same price)

already got 1 k from nba 2k6

The 1 2 P
03-23-2009, 11:44 AM
You should be able to make it playing the way you are. I've had my 360 for a month and have already made close to 2,500 just playing a few games casually(although I've really tried to get all of Halo 3's achievements).

Nature Boy
03-23-2009, 04:51 PM
"Dash of Destruction" is a free XBL game that you can get 180 pts in about 10 minutes - a full 200 if you can hook up with someone on live to get that last one.

When it's all over, assuming you win, I'd like to know how much you "actually" won (meaning $100 bet minus whatever you paid to purchase/rent games plus whatever you received if/when you trade those same games back in).

(For the record, I've had my box 2 years now and only have a fraction under 6,000 personally, so 5,000 in a year sounds *crazy* to me :) )

DKTheArcadeRat
03-23-2009, 05:06 PM
"Dash of Destruction" is a free XBL game that you can get 180 pts in about 10 minutes - a full 200 if you can hook up with someone on live to get that last one.

Wrong. It is local multiplayer only, you need a 2nd controller(of some sort), but within 15-20 minutes, you can have the full 200.

Even though its 800 points, NHL 3-On-3 Arcade is pretty sweet and its really pretty easy to get 180-200, should take about half an hour at the most I'd say.

The 1 2 P
03-24-2009, 01:07 AM
Wrong. It is local multiplayer only, you need a 2nd controller(of some sort), but within 15-20 minutes, you can have the full 200.

So I can get those last 20 points by myself? Cool.

mr obscure
03-29-2009, 09:52 AM
UPDATE

Score : 6141
End date: April 14

Plan for the last 4K

-TMNT
-fifa street
-fight night round 3

shopkins
03-29-2009, 10:12 AM
If you get really desperate, rent Lost. You can get most of the 1,000 points for it in just a few hours. It just hands them out like candy.

Nirvana
03-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Yeah, you definitely won the bet.

hezeuschrist
03-31-2009, 04:06 PM
s1lence and Stu are certainly two of the bigger whores I know, so they've got some good advice there for ya ;)

Madden/NBA 06 are super fast and easy, obviously Avatar, King Kong, CSI... hrm, what have I whored out...

Considering at this point you need 8800, I'd go with the following for the least detriment to your social life:

King Kong
CSI
TMNT
Madden 06
NBA 06 (960 possible, last 40 for online game impossible)
College Hoops 2k6
NBA 2k6
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

You should have it in 20 hours or maybe less. King Kong and CSI will cost you the most time, followed by TMNT.

EDIT: I suck at the internet. Damn you second pages!

c0ldb33r
03-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Score : 6141
End date: April 14

Wow dude, well done. I thought there'd be no way you'd get it, but you're within striking distance! Keep up the good work.

mr obscure
04-13-2009, 02:09 PM
http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gamecard003.jpg

I WON THE BET!!!
Not many people thought i could do it.

.................................................. ...............

The road to victory

-csi
-nba 2k6
-gun
-fifa 06 road to the world cup
-tmnt
-nhl 2k6
-king kong
-fifa 07
-fifa 08
-kung fu panda
-fallout 3
-pes 2008
- crackdown
-fear
-dash of destruction (free xbox live game)
-xbox arcade game disc

Some games where borrowed from friends and a few games where played for 1 day and traded in again at the gameshop.(get the 1K say the game sucked and get another 1 for free )

Money spend on games $40
some games traded in

money earned $100 AND had a real great time. Profit $60

Whats next?
Im going to play fallout 3 and play a game for pure gameplay and fun and not for points.
I had a second bet 100.000 K in 1 year. Don't know if i take on this bet.
Maybe somebody knows a real challenge?

c0ldb33r
04-13-2009, 02:21 PM
I WON THE BET!!!
lol well done! LOL

I thought there'd be no way you could do it but you did. Good job.

iycon
04-13-2009, 03:12 PM
spiderman web of shadows was a easy 1000 for me, fallout3 is also easy, just set it on easyiest difficulty, ghost recon advanced warfighter can be done with cheat codes on as farcry preadator. incredible hulk and bioshock were also easy

jcalder8
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
I WON THE BET!!!

Congrats man, I thought you'd be able to do it if you put your mind to it.

I wouldn't try for the 100k challenge, just too much whoring and not enough playing for my taste.

The 1 2 P
04-13-2009, 08:03 PM
I WON THE BET!!!

-fear

The points in Fear are anything but easy to achieve. Half of them are for multiplayer and the ones in the campaign that reward the most points are for stuff like playing thru the game without using slow-mo or boosters. That games achievements really dissapoint me:(

kupomogli
04-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Unreal Tournament 3 if you have online.

If I start games and want some extra people to play before real players join. I end up having skilled bots atleast(which aren't really hard at all.)

Now with Unreal 3(I've only played the PS3 version though.) Just end up getting most of your kills with certain weapons and you'll get names. Gunslinger(Enforcer,) Flak Master(Flak Cannon,) Shaft Master(Link Gun,) Rocket Scientist(Rocket Launcher,) etc, etc, etc. If you can happen to beat a God-Like bot 20 times in a row you'll probably get a lot of points.

There are also other trophies like win one game in each mode. Win a deathmatch on every map. Get a certain amount of Hat tricks(three flags brought back to base in a single game on Capture the Flag or Vehicle CTF.) Over 20 minutes of U Damage, Invincibility, Invulnerability. U Damage is the easiest because one mode gives you U Damage every 10 points you get, while the others are too if you want to create a game with two players and a password to join, stand on the spot where the item is and then leave the game on all day long(each minute restores all super pickups so you'll pick them up every minute.)

Then next is Street Fighter 4. I got about 40% in the first day. The only ones that I'd think would be difficult would be getting gold on all the Time Attack and Survival trials.

Next would be Stranglehold. The game is a fun game, fairly short story mode, and a good portion of the trophies are beat "stage" on any difficulty. Then there is beat the entire game on casual, normal, hard, and hard boiled. Alot of the multiplayer ones are easy to get but only if you can find anyone who plays multiplayer.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam is a disgrace to the Gundam series, but just like literally any other crappy Dynasty Warriors game, you can pretty much walk through the entire game in no time flat. The achievements are a joke to acquire on this game. Just beat the game with everyone on original and story mode, then use a single character and max him out(every gamerscore is atleast 50, 75, or 100.)

Even if you only play a single day for each of these games, you'll still get a ton of gamerscore. I don't play games that often anymore and I could get 10,000 points in 30 days if I was going for it. I hardly ever played my 360 when I did own it though, so I have less than 1000 points. If I did, I'd end up playing on my friend Matt's account since he was all into the gamerscore which I personally wasn't(not to mention that I never played the majority of the 360 games off multiplayer.)